Pure Pits?

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Dudley

Pure Pits?

Postby Dudley » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:06 pm

I like this site alot so far. Some of you know what your talking about and others have no idea. Very fun to read either way. I love bully breeds alot Especially Staffys, Pits, and AmStaffs. I hope to let my knowledge be known and to learn from others.

Rommel
Adolescent Bully

Postby Rommel » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:12 pm

:welcome:

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:15 pm

Do you own any dogs? If so post some picts. Welcome and enjoy

Dudley

Pure Pits?

Postby Dudley » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:38 pm

I saw on someones post about people breeding so called low rider Monstrosities for Pit bulls. Why someone would call them monstrosities is not fair. It is just another look or type that some people prefer not a monstrosity. This how ever is not the point of this post. I wanted to know how many Breeders out there are truthfully breeding pure Pits to other pure pits, line bred or outcrossed, it doesn't matter for the sake of discussion. I have seen pedagrees from dogs whose lineage has fairley normal pit bull looks (not too short/Tall, athletic bodies, Common wedged shaped heads) that supposedly produce puppies that have these very short, wide bodies with bulldog/pit heads and features. Hybrids? Come on, something is up. I have spoken with some pit bull Bully style breeders that I know(I breed bully style as well) and we have come to the conclusion that there has to be some kind of bulldog bred into these bully style pits to acheive the short wide lowride bully look. I have short dogs from many different lines Amstaff and Pits but some body has got to tell me if what I already assume I know is true. Any body with an opinion or that knows about this hybrid situation. I would love to hear your thoughts.

FloydRodery
Adolescent Bully

Postby FloydRodery » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:59 pm

Some of you know what your talking about and others have no idea.

I didn't see any claims that every member knew every aspect of the breed and the far reaching subjects that are attatched to it.

So yeah, welcome to the forum or something :thumbsup:

Dudley

Postby Dudley » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:26 pm

Sorry I guess that I was a little misunderstood. Any how the (low rider monstosity) quote is the one I was refering to. I will go and look for it.

AJD5

Postby AJD5 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:08 pm

howdy i guess....i really wouldnt call this an introduction though. this topic belongs someplace i think.

rwh

Postby rwh » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:24 pm

WELCOME!!

Motodiva
Bully Lover 4 Life

Re: Pure Pits?

Postby Motodiva » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:26 pm

Dudley wrote:I saw on someones post about people breeding so called low rider Monstrosities for Pit bulls. Why someone would call them monstrosities is not fair. It is just another look or type that some people prefer not a monstrosity. This how ever is not the point of this post. I wanted to know how many Breeders out there are truthfully breeding pure Pits to other pure pits, line bred or outcrossed, it doesn't matter for the sake of discussion. I have seen pedagrees from dogs whose lineage has fairley normal pit bull looks (not too short/Tall, athletic bodies, Common wedged shaped heads) that supposedly produce puppies that have these very short, wide bodies with bulldog/pit heads and features. Hybrids? Come on, something is up. I have spoken with some pit bull Bully style breeders that I know(I breed bully style as well) and we have come to the conclusion that there has to be some kind of bulldog bred into these bully style pits to acheive the short wide lowride bully look. I have short dogs from many different lines Amstaff and Pits but some body has got to tell me if what I already assume I know is true. Any body with an opinion or that knows about this hybrid situation. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Well, if you would love to hear my thoughts, here they are:

THERE ARE TOO MANY UNHEALTHY ANIMALS IN THIS WORLD TO BRING MORE INTO IT!!!!!!!!!!

How can a person in all good conciousness bring completely unhealthy dogs into this world, which does not have one tenth the needed home for just the healthy ones!!!!!????? It makes me sick to the core. There are so many dogs dying daily just in my own small town. I think about it and am literally sick to my stomach.

Dogs shoudl be bred for a purpose. There will be plenty that don't make the "cut" and they will be pets. Why gaurantee only pets by breeding inferior animals? There are already too many. A good breeder, be it of a "breed" or trying to create a breed, is extemely picky about the dogs they breed. If a person should choose to breed soem beast that has very little to do with APBT, then DO NOT CALL IT A PIT!!!!!! There are thousands of "breeders" doing this, creating inferior, unhealthy, unsound, pets of unkown heritage for the purpose of selling htem for huge money to people that will do the same thing, not giving a rat's ass as to the health of the animal, the breed, or the species. It makes me sick.

Two "nice dogs" do not make a good reason to breed. There's so much more, health testing, working abilty, temperment, trainabilty, heritage, and conformation. You are not the spitting image or personality of either of your parents. What makes you think your dog will have puppies "just like him/her"? (That is a rhetorical question, you may well be a quality, informed breeder who does all of the things I have listed)

I am frustrated by all of the people breeding "low and wide" because when only one factor of the many listed above are bred for, the rest tend to go out the window. Especially health, being that many of the low and wides have TERRIBLE elbows, so I guess that throws working and conformation out the window too. What's left? Nice dogs, not a reason to breed. The other reason I don't care for "low and wide" breeders is because they breed because that's what sells. Certainly they aren't doing it for any of the other good reasons to breed a dog, because again, that was all thrown out the window. Breeding to make a buck is despicable and repulsive. I suppose people that do have never looked in the freezer at the local humane society.

If you think that a dog will never be abandonned, abused, or dumped because someone spent a lot of money on it, you are waaay out of touch. It happens every day. Try holding the animal while it breathes its last breath. It is a very painful thing to do. Why would you do such a terrible thing you ask? That's a high quality expensive animal!!!! There are not enough high quality homes for them. I know.

I'm sorry that the tone of this is so grouchy, this hits me so close to home. I also started this an hour or two (dang doorbell keeps ringing, it is Halloween) ago and others have rpobably replied in the mean time, I may be repeating them. I love these dogs (all dogs really), and the massive overpopulation plight and lack of responsible breeding is going to make the breed I love the most, extinct.

Sanya

pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby pblove » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:47 pm

ditto ! (above post from Motodiva)
so you are a breeder?

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:15 pm

I
saw on someones post about people breeding so called low rider Monstrosities for Pit bulls. Why someone would call them monstrosities is not fair.

Is it the word monstrosities that you have an issue with? Does perversions of the breed suit you better? Is it FAIR (to the dog, to the breed) to breed FOR structural faults? To mix with breeds to gain size whose temperments are diametrically opposed to that of a true Pit and leads to a degradation of temperment in huge sections of the 'pt Bull' population?
Welcome to the forum.

BlueMaui
Matured Bully

Postby BlueMaui » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:11 am

hey dudley welcome to the site! So do you like bully ass pits? Because i do. My little bitch is %50 GOTTI and 50% Ganghis Kon. So basically mostly greyline in general terms.... Shes line bred on both sides so its kind of like an outcross.

Anyway, do you have any pits? if you do you should post some up.
:peace:

Kahlie
Forum Junky

Postby Kahlie » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:35 am

Well, all I can do is say welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will learn lots and see lots here.

As for the question of the monstrocities, I don't think I could have worded it much better than Motodiva and Kingsgurl (great post you guys!)

ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby ripley6 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:28 am

^^ ditto.

Welcome to the board! Although the level of members' expertise and knowledge of bully breeds varies, we are all lovers of our pups, and continue to learn. Hope you can also :)

donkey

Postby donkey » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:18 pm

FloydRodery wrote:
Some of you know what your talking about and others have no idea.

I didn't see any claims that every member knew every aspect of the breed and the far reaching subjects that are attatched to it.

So yeah, welcome to the forum or something :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

even if some of us are wrong, some of us are here to learn too so there is nothing wrong with that especially when so many of these members are eager to educate people.

Return to “Introductions”