Pure Pits?

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Dudley

Postby Dudley » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:17 pm

Bluemaui I will try to post some pics later. I breed Razor's Edge lines mostly.

I can understand what Motodiva is saying and I sure don't agree with creating a new kind of pit dog just for profit while forsaking any health or temporment problems. If someone is going to say don't breed a breed of dog because of potential health issues than be just as harsh on breeds like German shepards or English Bulldogs. Just because a pitbull is a bully type does not mean it is deformed or unhealthy. As far as pitbull breed standards go, who has the rights to that? Dog breeds are a creation of man for man in the most positive way. I would never breed a unhealthy dog just beause it is a certain color or size but I most certainley know what and how to breed healthy dogs for certain traits.
The most fasinating thing to me about pitbull dogs is their history. A dog bred to be a warrior that displays the most fearless attitude while being a wonderful companion. Pitbulls are descendents of bulldog/terrier crosses that fought in pits. They came from crosses then and now and well truthfully "pitbull" is a general term for several different breeds of dogs. Crosses is what what gives you the apbt that you love today. When Staffordshire Bull Terriers were bred to be bigger in the USA the standard was changed and the Amstaff and APBT were created. All the same dog. Bully style pits are still a part of the pitbull Family.
I do wish we had better laws to keep bad breeders that give pits a bad name off the market but actually there are many good breeders breeding Bully pits who care who is getting their dogs and anyone who is just out for profit should be kept in a cage.

GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby GreddysAngel » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:29 pm

actually there are many good breeders breeding Bully pits who care who is getting their dogs

You're kidding right? roflmao

donkey

Postby donkey » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:49 pm

i think what is upsetting to her besides the fact that some people breed just for profit is that while thousands of shelters have more than good enough puppies, and adults for all types of homes, people are still out there creating more and more while these other dogs remain homeless

Sariss
Bully Ambassador

Postby Sariss » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:06 pm

Dudley wrote:Bluemaui I will try to post some pics later. I breed Razor's Edge lines mostly.

So, what type of health tests do your breeding dogs have? Championships? How did they fare in the temperment test? How about working titles?

I think that'd be interesting to see someone breeding a bully-type Pitbull with all the titles, championships, and proper tests. :)

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:58 pm

GreddyGirl wrote:
actually there are many good breeders breeding Bully pits who care who is getting their dogs

You're kidding right? roflmao

Gotta agree here. There are not many "good" breeders of APBTs in general.

Pit Chick
Forum Junky

Postby Pit Chick » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:19 pm

Dudley wrote:there are many good breeders breeding Bully pits who care

That's like saying there are many good breeders breeding Teacup Yorkies or Teacup Poodles. There is no such thing, they are just bred out of standard, a standard that was agreed upon a long time ago by people trying to maintain a breed in one true form, not a bunch of different "types" of the same breed. There are not purebred "bully type" Pits, there is only one "type" of Pit and that is of medium height with lean athletic builds and heads that are in proportion to the rest of their body.

And to those of you who think breeding low and wide Pits is ok and acceptable I would just like to thank you for providing me with a low, wide displastic Pit with fear aggression issues that I rescued off the side of the road. I'm sure her breeders thought she was healthy and stable and would never end up in a shelter or on the streets either.

As far as pitbull breed standards go, who has the rights to that? Dog breeds are a creation of man for man in the most positive way

Yes they are a creation of man for man, but they were created with a purpose, not just to suit man's trends and fashions because that's what's in style or in demand at the moment. Pits have been bred to one standard for over a hundred years because that is the standard that has kept this breed functioning as the working dogs they were intended to be.

Return to “Introductions”