New here, not a pit owner but...

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Chessiet

New here, not a pit owner but...

Postby Chessiet » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:04 pm

I'm fascinated by all the media coverage lately regarding several unfortunate accidents. Rather than assume that CNN/ABC et al have gotten the facts correct, I thought I'd go do some research on my own and draw my own conclusions based on facts, rather than what the media spoon-feeds us.

So I stumbled on your site and I must say, it's VERY informative and quite even-handed. Kudos to all of you here for your love and concern for what appears to be a wonderful, yet much mis-understood breed(s) of dogs.

For what it's worth, I own a greyhound, the polar opposite of a bully breed :)

lovemypits

Postby lovemypits » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:11 pm

Thank you for not going by what the media loves to feed everyone. :bowdown: Welcome to the site!! :thumbsup:

aznchipmunk
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby aznchipmunk » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:14 pm

:welcome:

definately need more people like you Chessiet!! hope you find lots of info here!!

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Re: New here, not a pit owner but...

Postby Patch O' Pits » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:20 pm

Chessiet wrote:I'm fascinated by all the media coverage lately regarding several unfortunate accidents. Rather than assume that CNN/ABC et al have gotten the facts correct, I thought I'd go do some research on my own and draw my own conclusions based on facts, rather than what the media spoon-feeds us.

So I stumbled on your site and I must say, it's VERY informative and quite even-handed. Kudos to all of you here for your love and concern for what appears to be a wonderful, yet much mis-understood breed(s) of dogs.

For what it's worth, I own a greyhound, the polar opposite of a bully breed :)

LOL greyhounds actually have some thing in common with APBTs , they both love to run and both also like to sack out on the sofa as well. LOL.

I've done some obedience classes along side some rescued grehounds and currently there is a deaf rescued from the track in my agility class.

Welcome to the forum

here is a great site for you to take a peek at:

www.realpitbull.com

Chessiet

Postby Chessiet » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:21 pm

Thank you for the welcomes!

Your avatar is gorgeous, btw, Patch :)

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:28 pm

Welcome to the forum! Nice to see someone with no vested interest willing to learn the truth about our doggies. :)

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:31 pm

Chessiet wrote:Your avatar is gorgeous, btw, Patch :)

Thanks that is my son Samurai :thumbsup:

mellymel

Postby mellymel » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:29 pm

welcome, its very refreshing to see that a non pit bull owner would take the time to research a little to find out the real truth about this great breed. i love that you dont believe what the media 'spoon feeds' us because that is what happens. ive heard of several cases where the media has publicized a dog bite incident and didnt know what breed of dog it was but said it was a pit bull anyway to draw attention to the story. thank you for looking to find your own info. welcome again and post some pics of your greyhound, we are all dog lovers here!

Chessiet

Postby Chessiet » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:09 pm

mellymel wrote:welcome, its very refreshing to see that a non pit bull owner would take the time to research a little to find out the real truth about this great breed. i love that you dont believe what the media 'spoon feeds' us because that is what happens. ive heard of several cases where the media has publicized a dog bite incident and didnt know what breed of dog it was but said it was a pit bull anyway to draw attention to the story. thank you for looking to find your own info. welcome again and post some pics of your greyhound, we are all dog lovers here!

My gorgeous baby (she's a retired racer, and I'm all in favor of any rescue/adoption groups for all breeds. I noticed you have a forum section solely for adoptions, and that's awesome!): http://photobucket.com/albums/y155/Nurs ... C00752.jpg

p.s. not sure how to attach pictures, excuse the bastard link :)

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:32 pm

Awe pretty gal. She looks very happy and spoiled :thumbsup:

Chessiet

Postby Chessiet » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:43 pm

Patch O' Pits wrote:Awe pretty gal. She looks very happy and spoiled :thumbsup:

That was the one and only time she ever snuck up on my bed. Normally she's not allowed in there, but she looked so cute I ended up taking a bunch of pictures, then kicking her off the bed lol

We try not to spoil her overly-much, except with love (and no dog ever suffered from TOO much love, right?)

Emi
Forum Junky

Postby Emi » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:31 pm

Hiya Chessiet and welcome :)

Your dog is gorgous she has a pretty face :thumbsup: :inlove:

And yep Patch has some beautiful gorgous dogs, you'll have to check her website out or look up some of her pictures on here ...

Thanks for taking the time to come and find out for yourself about American Pitbull Terriers, or any of the other bully breeds...

You'll find that we're all pretty passionate about our dogs :) ...

Any way welcome ...

:welcome:

Megan
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Megan » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:35 pm

Welcome! I am a fellow non-pit owner, greyhound owner!

Here's my girl-

Your grey is too pretty- I've always loved the fawn colored greys!

Thanks for actually looking for the facts on pits! The media changes stories so much, and makes them ALL seem like monsters. It's great that you came here with an open mind :)

Chessiet

Postby Chessiet » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:41 pm

Megan wrote:Welcome! I am a fellow non-pit owner, greyhound owner!

Here's my girl-

Your grey is too pretty- I've always loved the fawn colored greys!

Thanks for actually looking for the facts on pits! The media changes stories so much, and makes them ALL seem like monsters. It's great that you came here with an open mind :)

Oh Megan, she's lovely! Very pretty eyes! That's one thing I love about greyhounds, they have those big liquid eyes that gaze into your soul.

I'm quickly falling in love with some of these pitts here though. I made the mistake of checking out Patch's website. Hold me back, her dogs are flat-out beautiful!

Chessiet

Postby Chessiet » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:46 pm

Just testing to see if I can post pics (no need to look, it's only a greyhound :)) )

Return to “Introductions”