HI-new to forum and pits-have a puppy with pics

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
LobosMom
Adolescent Bully

HI-new to forum and pits-have a puppy with pics

Postby LobosMom » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:44 pm

Hi Everyone :) I just found this forum today. My name is Kathy. MY bf and I will be bringing home our Pitbull puppy in about another week or two(the pups name is Lobo). He is currently a month & a few days old and is still residing with his mom(dog mom that is lol ) and siblings. I will be honest, I wasn't too crazy about the idea of a pitt as our family dog. I guess, I too was influenced by their "image." I have 4 dogs that live with my parents-lab mixs and a Chihuahua and I guess became accustomed to them and their "image". In our household(where my bf and I reside) we have 1 cat-Patty who is actually pregnant and due to give birth in roughly 2 weeks. We acquired Patty recently she was originally the cat from my job. Anyhow, I'm doing my research on how to introduce the two so that they can hopefully lead a long and peaceful life together. I love dogs so Lobo will most def receive a lot of love. :inlove: I must confess though I am still a little worried but hopefully as time progresses I can feel confident that he will be a great family dog and that he and my little mamacita Patty will be good friends 8) By the way here's a pic of him from today..he's the one to the right-with the black ears :inlove:
[/img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/Katgrl81/Lobobro.jpg[url][/url]

LobosMom
Adolescent Bully

Postby LobosMom » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:06 pm

sorry didn't know how to insert the pic..hopefully this works :)

LobosMom
Adolescent Bully

Postby LobosMom » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:19 pm

some more pics :)

In this pic Lobo is on the right and his brother and 2 sisters on the left

Lobo's back :)

They are eating puppy food :))

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:51 pm

Welcome to the forum! Cute little baby there. Of course you'll have to post pics again after you bring her home. :)

LobosMom
Adolescent Bully

Postby LobosMom » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:54 pm

most def :) Thanks..I'm excited to bring Lobo to his new home..I'm just mostly concerned about him and Patty meeting..I was browsing through the forum and saw some pics of pitts and cats...that gave me hope that they might get along :))

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:00 am

Welcome

Very cute pups. Lobo looks adorable

Please make sure not to take the puppy until he is at least 8 weeks old so he can learn from his mama and siblings. :thumbsup:

LobosMom
Adolescent Bully

Postby LobosMom » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:06 pm

Thanks...if it were up to me he'd stay with his mom and sibblings for another 3 weeks or so but the people that have the pups seem anxious to send them off to their new homes..especially ours..lol Apparently hes gotten into the habit of howling/crying at 3am to be let out of the "nursery" area which has a swinging door, and as soon as they open the door he runs out and starts playing and running around. lol I think its a strong possibility that my boyfriend will bring him home tommorow. He's 5 weeks old now and has been eating puppy food for a while. I'm just a bit worried about him and Patty-my pregnant cat meeting :oops: I told my bf that he should put Lobo in the 2nd bedroom so that he and Patty can smell each other through the door. Also, from an article I read somewhere, I heard that I should get him to play on top of an old blanket to get his scent on it and then bring it to Patty so she can smell him and try and get her to play on the blanket too...getting her scent on it. THen I should bring the blanket back to the puppy..and finally put it underneath the door half in the room and half out so that they each have access to both sides. I was thinking that I could put the Puppy by that night in this cage we have that Patty has apparently claimed as her own. The benefit of that is that he'll see us and not feel lonely and in a way be out here with Patty and give her a chance to see him and get used to him. I just pray they learn to get along :oops:

LobosMom
Adolescent Bully

Postby LobosMom » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:13 pm

I'm sorry I couldn't help but post this..I've been telling my boyfriend that Lobo-our pup reminds me of this cartoon dog from an old children's story book named Poky..LOL I'mma post their pics...what do you guys think? roflmao Of course my bf denies any resemblance..LOL :)

Seamus&Hector

Postby Seamus&Hector » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:31 pm

I see it!

LobosMom
Adolescent Bully

Postby LobosMom » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:52 pm

lol thanks :) Playing around I even told my bf we should call the puppy Poky..haha of course he was like, "NO" lol Altho I just might call him Poky every now and then..like a nickname..lol :)

Return to “Introductions”