New to the forums

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
APBTenthusiast

New to the forums

Postby APBTenthusiast » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:19 pm

I wanted to properly intrduce myself. I am new to this forum so I will just give a few details about myself and go from there. :)

I have been training dogs for 4 years now, and specializing in APBT for 2 1/2.
I mostly do obedience training, but also help with k-9 narcotics.

I am also part of the Greater Houston Search Dog team, using my crossed trained German Shepherd for disaster searches.

I own (at this time) a WONDERFUL male pb, named "Cash". I picked him up from hunstville from a gentlemen who raised them for hog hunting. However, this litter was accendental and he was not prepared to spend the time training them, so he was selling the litter at a near by wal-mart from where I lived.
We stopped by to see what he had, and saw only 2 puppies left. A male and a female. Both where black and white, and both where smaller built. One was scared to death of me and the other one jumped up and licked my face. I of course choose the one who ran from me. I figured someone would easily pick the more friendly one and have better luck with it instead of the more skiddish one. I also saw it as a challenge and a chance to research the behavioral difference, and nature of the breed.

This was 2 years ago, and Cash is now titled the most well tranined breed in his class of 132. He is the most loyal I have ever seen, and allows my 9 month old to ride on his back. He is honestly the best friend I have ever had.
ImageImage
I also have a female named Prelude. She was given to me from my husband as a gift and a play-mate for "Cash". She spent some time with her 'overly-agressive' mom and picked up some bad habits by her observational learning. Although I have worked pretty hard with her, she still cant be trusted around strangers, but in the home is sweet as can be,
Last, but not least, Radar. He is my SAR German Shepherd as mentioned above. He is about 4 months old, and A LOT of dog. However, I dont feel the need to elaborate about him, seeing how his is a Pit Bull site. :)

Anyhow, that is that, and I hope everyone enjoys their stories as much as I enjoy writing about them.

I hope to learn a lot from this site, as to bring some information to those who may need it.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:53 pm

Hiya. Welcome to the forum. If you want to tell us about your GSD, we wont kick you out for it. :) Not everyone here is even an APBT owner; some are just fans of the breed.

Do you compete in any dog sports with your dogs? I do weight pull with Loki, and we're training for her UKC Novice title. We may go further with her, depending on how we feel and how she responds to more complicated training.

heatherb
Newborn Bully

Postby heatherb » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:11 pm

:welcome:

heather
Addicted to PBF

Postby heather » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:25 pm

Welcome :peace:

pits in 4-H
Bully Lover 4 Life

welome

Postby pits in 4-H » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:43 am

Welcome & wave "HI"

Kahlie
Forum Junky

Postby Kahlie » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:47 am

Welcome! and definately would love to hear more of the GSD pup!

HausMommy

Postby HausMommy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:33 am

Welcome from Haus and myself!

kellysmom

Postby kellysmom » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:23 pm

welcome! I'm really new also, but wanted to say H! as we are in Houston also. I would like to talk to you more about your training. You have beautiful dogs, I also have a black/white (and a rednose).

APBTenthusiast

Postby APBTenthusiast » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:18 pm

Thanks for the fresh welcome everyone. :)

I will talk more about radar the gsd in my future posts since everyone seems ok with it.

Darlazmum
Forum Junky

Postby Darlazmum » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:14 pm

Wow Cash is just dreamy! :inlove:

Pitty-pat

Postby Pitty-pat » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:25 am

Greater Houston Search Dogs? PM me.. I know some of your teammates.

Eg6xCivic

Postby Eg6xCivic » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:59 am

Welcome..Nice looking pits

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:41 am

Hello and welcome!

solidstaffs

Postby solidstaffs » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:17 pm

Hi and welcome to the site :thumbsup:

Return to “Introductions”