Greetings!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
PeasAmber

Greetings!

Postby PeasAmber » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:25 am

Hello,

My name is Amber, and I'm new here on the boards. Though I do not currently own any pitbulls, I try to help them get adopted from shelters, pick up strays, and basically pass the word around about pits and myths about them. My school's animal rights club does 'Pets of the Week' (featuring URGENT adoptable animals from local shelters) and ALL of them are pits. Our shelters have an overwhelming amount of pitbulls and pit mixes, and the other breeds are more likely to get adopted from my own research/from talking to the shelter workers.

Just last week, a teacher wanted to adopt our first 'Pet of the Week', a 5 m.o. pit named 'Sugar'. Sadly, they put her down before my teacher got there. The teacher was very angry since the shelter admitted to putting her down because she was a pitbull.

Also, I am trying to educate my school/ the community about dog fighting, since it is a problem where I live. I found that most people didn't even realize what was going on under their noses.

Anywho, just a bit about me. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. This is a wonderful forum and you are all very well educated about pitbulls.

Have a good one,
Amber

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:10 am

Hi Amber! Welcome to the forum!

Swan
Bully Ambassador
Location: In my own world but havent figured out what to call it...

Postby Swan » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:05 am

Though I do not currently own any pitbulls, I try to help them get adopted from shelters, pick up strays, and basically pass the word around about pits and myths about them.

Good for you!! :headbang: And on behalf of my dog and am sure everyone elses thanks for doing so!!

Welcome!

FloydRodery
Adolescent Bully

Postby FloydRodery » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:47 am

Welcome to the forums! It's good to see another member from PA :thumbsup:

Also, thanks for caring so much and doing what your doing. I'm sure it's easy to get frustrated, but fight the good fight for our breed! :thumbsup:

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:48 am

Welcome to the board! Way to go with the education. It's great for you to be able to educate your peers as well as neighbors about our wonderful breed! :thumbsup:
I didn't know schools have "Animal Right's Clubs". I assume your club is also educated about PETA, then and their hypocritical ways, as well as the HSUS and how Pit-UNfriendly many animal rights groups are?

GrippsHumanGirl

Postby GrippsHumanGirl » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:47 pm

Welcome to the forum. :))

PeasAmber

Postby PeasAmber » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:54 pm

Thanks for all the great replies! And it is cool to know that there is also another PA member around.

Allie, I actually just re-started the "Animal Rights" club this year, though it's really a lot more service projects and education stuff then anything. And yeah, I've lectured them on PETA and how most animal rights groups are not pit friendly. It was actually one of the first things I talked about.
:-D

Thanks for all the thank you's (hah). I consider what I do a pretty small, and I'm just trying to help a wonderful breed. I hate to see pits persecuted, so I'm doing my best to stop that.

Hope to see you all around,
Amber

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:17 am

Great. I look forward to seeing you around the board! There is a plethora of wonderful information here.

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:29 am

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy! :)

Are you in high school or college? If you're in college what are you studying and which one do you go to?

PeasAmber

Postby PeasAmber » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:30 am

Patch, I'm a senior in high school and I graduate this June. I hope to go to Delaware Valley College in Doylestown. They have wonderful animal programs. I'm hoping to study Zoology, but I may change my major. How about you?

slechner

Postby slechner » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:40 am

welcome! west philly here.... also rutibegga and abnormalsanon are west philly, too.... the three of us are cat rescue/tnr (www.citykitties.org), but we each have a pit, too.....

NYDog
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby NYDog » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:25 pm

PeasAmber wrote:Patch, I'm a senior in high school and I graduate this June. I hope to go to Delaware Valley College in Doylestown. They have wonderful animal programs. I'm hoping to study Zoology, but I may change my major. How about you?

You are an extraordinary young woman and so mature. You are "going places" in your life and it's great to see that a new generation will keep up the work that many on this forum are involved in or support...welcome! :bowdown: lol

PeasAmber

Postby PeasAmber » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:25 pm

NY, thanks so much! :) You guys are flattering me, haha.

slechner, that's awesome about the cat rescue! I currently am housing six cats, all of which were strays. Usually the animals I place are cats, since there are so many strays around here!(My family wants to keep them...They won their hearts. It's good that we have a huge house!) If you ever need a volunteer in the Wissonoming area, please don't hestitate to e-mail me at manykittehsmew@netscape.net

slechner

Postby slechner » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:30 pm

that's great. wissonoming is far for us, but the animal alliance might have people near you and can also help you out with speutering...

www.animalalliancepa.org (i think).

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:16 pm

Right on. Catch 'em young, that's what I say. ;-) Welcome aboard. It sounds like you are doing a great service to our breed, and we're glad to have you.

Return to “Introductions”