Howdy

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
laurajean

Howdy

Postby laurajean » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:28 pm

I was refered by heatherbug...hope that is her name here. She is in Georgia and I am in California...fancy that!
She told me you have many California members...from Northern California- I hope.
I have ONE pit bull at present...my spoiled and loved Blue whom I will have had for a year in July. She will be two years old in July. I got her from a lady in the vets office who was about to take her to the pound because she was killing the lady's cats. I don't have cats and I have had pit bulls before so I went over to the lady's house and picked her up.
Blue's story is that she had been hit by a car before the lady got her. She had not been to a vet after the car accident... Blue had a slight limp, hardly noticeable unles I walked her a lot and she got tired. I had her for a week and took her to the vet for spaying and asked them to check out the limp.
Blue had a broken pelvis, a dislocated hip and her tail was broken!!! She had advanced arthritis in the hip joint as she had not been treated at the time of the accident...
Well, the vet recommended a femoral head otectomy(removal of the top of the femur) as her hip socket was too far gone to arthritus to replace the dislocated hip...BUT, first we had to keep her for two months to let her pelvis heal before the surgery. A wonderful lady who is into pit rescue heard about my plight (no money...large vet bill) and volunteered to foot the cost of the surgery...So we kept Blue, got the surgery, she is fine now but will always limp and never put her up for adoption as we (my boyfriend and I) fell in love with her. She is our spoiled little darling, but she does have dog aggression issues and, of course, hates cats...but we don't have any.
We have been working on the dog agression issue and I am going to take her to the Bad-Rap drop in class possibly starting this Saturday so I can get help from pit-savy trainers and owners. I'd like to get her trained to the point of getting a CGC certificate if my dog-handling skills are up to it.
I'll post pictures later....

Pitz_4_us

Postby Pitz_4_us » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:03 am

Aww what a pretty girl. Thats a sad story but a happy ending i hope. Welcome im new to

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:35 am

georgiapblover
Super Bully

Postby georgiapblover » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:35 am

Hey Jean!!! Glad you joined! I'm not heatherbug here...I'm georgiapblover. That's my new boy Icey in my avatar.
I hope you find this site to be as helpful as I have. There is so much experience here to learn from and everyone is very nice.
I didn't know your poor girl had been thru so much. I guess being spoiled by you and your boyfriend is her happy ending!!

NatX
Matured Bully

Postby NatX » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:27 am

Welcome to the forum!! Tons of info and expierenced people to help out

laurajean

Thanks for the welcome

Postby laurajean » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:05 pm

I am all set to yap away now, thanks you for all your greetings and thank you Georgiapblover for telling me your name here! Going to browse now.
I willpost more pictures later of Blue. I promise.
We have had her for a year next month and she is healthy and happy...spayed, licensed, microchipped, walked daily.
I just made her a flirt pole on Wednesday to give her a little backyard fun and she loves that...She is napping at my feet right now as we just played with her in the backyard with the flirt pole and tired her out a little...
I realize I hardly posted anything about me in my intro so here goes with some info on me.
I am in my late 50's. I have almost always had a dog (sometimes more than one) since childhood. I have always had rescues. Either given to me or I went and got them from the pound. Oh! Back to me...I am a union pipefitter (construction work) for 13 years and before that I was a journeyperson sheetmetal mechanic that worked on nuclear sumarines and military aircraft (not in the military, just a civilian employee).
Now back to dog stuff... I was a typical pet owner, irresponsible, didn't know much and thought I knew it all. Then about 15 years ago I dated a man who was a dog trainer and a very good one. He trained my dogs but was not so successful at training me...I did start learning though. To make a long story short...I opened my mind and starting listening to people who knew something more about dogs and discvered that I was doing a LOT wrong. I am in the process of reforming..ha ha, and have done some rescue work with dogs. My backyard fence is crummy though so I am not curretnly fostering any dogs....fostered six last summer and daily walked a pit male last year that my rescue group had given up on. he got better behaved and adopted...That is another story though...

defendabull
Addicted to PBF

Postby defendabull » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:09 pm

:welcome:

thanks for rescuing.
what a lucky dog
to have found you.

laurajean

The bully goddess

Postby laurajean » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:55 am

The bully goddess works in strange ways. Blue is a real delight and pleasure. She has one black eybrow hair! And black skin on her lower lip and in the corners of her mouth. I call it her lipstick...
My boyfriend and I think she is the greatest dog living, lol, I know all of you bully lovers think the same of yours...
I hope we are able to care for her for years and years, she is a constant delight and pleasure...

apbtluvr70

Re: Howdy

Postby apbtluvr70 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:26 am

laurajean wrote:I'd like to get her trained to the point of getting a CGC certificate if my dog-handling skills are up to it.
I'll post pictures later....

It's worth the effort! I have a DA (dog aggressive) dog and he has his CGC. Good luck with your new gal and welcome!!

Candy

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:35 pm

Hi! I'm in Northern Cali too! Welcome to the board.

laurajean

Thanks for the welcomes

Postby laurajean » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:55 pm

I searched on here for events because I am really interested in attending some...so if you know of bully shows or especially weight pulling which I am fascinated by, please be sure and post them on this forum...oh events in NorCal within driving distance of the SF bay area, which Sacramento sure is...

Return to “Introductions”