Hi from Massachusetts

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
marumari

Hi from Massachusetts

Postby marumari » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:25 pm

I'm a 24 year old female and my dog is Mei (short for Mei Mei Pei, a chinese name that means beautiful/mama dog). She's a gorgeous light brindle with white splash on her face and paws, and she's pure pit. She was a mom in her previous home. I rescued her from a kill shelter in CT, and now we're the best of friends.

I'm very enthusiastic about this dog. I've had 8 others dogs of various breeds in my life, 3 at a time while growing up, and there's just something special about her that sets her apart.

I'm here to meet others who own or know and love the breed, and hopefully make some friends :)

chiefraven
Super Bully

Postby chiefraven » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:54 pm

hey there,

welcome to the forum. i'm a recent pit owner as well. I adopted my pittie half a year ago. Her name is Mia, and she's just a little over a year old now. Where in massachusetts are you? I'm in this area as well!!! Maybe we can set up a playdate for our pups if you're not too far from me.

oh, hey we're around the same age, i'm 25 :headbang:

ni hao ma? :tongue:

Lmporter03
Adolescent Bully

Postby Lmporter03 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:12 am

welcome to the board. :)

docdeath
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby docdeath » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:15 am

welcome to the PBF... :peace:

Ruuti
Newborn Bully

Postby Ruuti » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:18 am

:welcome:

marumari

Postby marumari » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:17 am

chiefraven wrote:hey there,

welcome to the forum. i'm a recent pit owner as well. I adopted my pittie half a year ago. Her name is Mia, and she's just a little over a year old now. Where in massachusetts are you? I'm in this area as well!!! Maybe we can set up a playdate for our pups if you're not too far from me.

oh, hey we're around the same age, i'm 25 :headbang:

ni hao ma? :tongue:

Hiya! I tried to PM you but i appear not to have that capability yet. I am in the Somerville/Cambridge area. Mei has problems with dominance/dog aggression when toys (ball, sticks) are involved, but I want to work with her on that. Closely supervised play is not out of the question - she's done it successfully before. (also, she still needs to be spayed, which might be part of the problem)

Our dogs appear to be about the same age, too. It would be awesome to get together sometime. Let me know if you're still interested, and I'll send you my email address :)

Also i know *no* chinese. I was born the year of the dog, and this is the year of the dog, so i looked up a chinese name for my dog, who i got this year. I know a little japanese, and i am a fan of asian language in general, so I'm open to learning whatever i can.

(also thanks to everyone for the warm welcome)

jaygirl
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jaygirl » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:14 am

Welcome to the forum. I'm from North of Boston and I adopted my pit bull, Jaydee from a kill shelter in CT too, Hartford. Please get her spayed as soon as possible. You can get her spayed for cheap from Friends of Animals. Also, can you post pictures of your beautiful gal?

flovianzon
Forum Junky

Postby flovianzon » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:53 am

Welcome to pbf!!

Let's see some pics of Mei!

marumari

Postby marumari » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:17 pm

Unfortunately i lost my camera cable and haven't gotten a card reader, so i just keep taking picture after picture but they're all on the little 1GB cards and I need to upload them.

Here's her pound photo from the Hartford shelter (the only one i have in usable format right now):

Just look at that face!

flovianzon
Forum Junky

Postby flovianzon » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:25 pm

She is so adorable!! :inlove:

chiefraven
Super Bully

Postby chiefraven » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:54 pm

hey, i just sent you an email. :peace:

Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby Ariel Payopay » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:37 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:

chiefraven
Super Bully

Postby chiefraven » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:58 pm

oops, i meant to say, i sent you a message... not email. sorry for the confusion

jaygirl
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jaygirl » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:55 pm

She is beautiful. That's where Jaydee came from also. I've never been to that shelter as Jaydee was pulled for me and fostered by someone, but I heard it's a really sad place.

Return to “Introductions”