Hey everyone! I have 3 pitties

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Hey everyone! I have 3 pitties

Postby tia_leigha » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:08 pm

Alrighty so let me make this sweet and simple. My fiance Tyler and I have 3 pit bull children in our family/pack. Here goes :

Dozer : 9 month old Blue Fawn Male- neutered (He is out of control around people or other animals. He gets very excited and jumpy)

Honey: 1 yr old Hawaiin Blue Female- spayed ( She shows aggression and comes off defensive 75% of the time around people and other animals that she is not used to- give her 20 minutes and she is okay, but of course with all of the controversy- I dont want people thinking my little girl is a killer :( )

Symian: 3 month old Chocolate Red Nose Male - Fully In Tact and planning on staying that way since he is registered and we can breed him later on once or twice. ( He is watching his brother and sister's behaviors and I am sure he will pick them up if things don't change soon. He already growls at other dogs, but not people. However, he plays wonderfully with Dozer and Honey..and chooses to not really play with me and Tyler. We got him a week ago. From what I gather, for the past 3 months he has played with his litter mates instead of people. He doesn't know that it's okay to play with us too. )

Each of my dogs have their own personalities of course and I have been working with them individually. When it is just Tyler and I at home- they are angels, but of course new people and their pets cause chaos for us. I will explain the actions I have been taking to help my situation in a later post. I was just introducing myself and my pack! :) Nice to meet everyone! Cant wait to hear from you!

tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Pictures

Postby tia_leigha » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:14 pm

I forgot to link you to their pictures. www.myspace.com/dozerandhoney ...Yeaa they have their own page..so family and friends can watch them grow !

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby crazy4pits » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:15 pm

Welcome to the forum.

post some pics up of your fur kids!

Also quick question in regards to Hawaiin Blue? First time I have heard of that one. Would Hawaiian be the name of the breeder you got the dog from?

tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Hawaiin Blue

Postby tia_leigha » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:18 pm

I am not sure exactly. Tyler brought Honey with him when we moved in together. I tried to dig up her papers to find out if they had a better description. Check out her coloring on their web page. Her skin is blue underneath her orange coat and her nose is blue as well. That is why she is a HAwaiin Blue. Both of her parents were solid blue and she came out red. LOL. Strange little girl she is!

badkittyamy
Super Bully

Postby badkittyamy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:18 pm

they're so cute! welcome

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Re: Hawaiin Blue

Postby crazy4pits » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:22 pm

tia_leigha wrote:I am not sure exactly. Tyler brought Honey with him when we moved in together. I tried to dig up her papers to find out if they had a better description. Check out her coloring on their web page. Her skin is blue underneath her orange coat and her nose is blue as well. That is why she is a HAwaiin Blue. Both of her parents were solid blue and she came out red. LOL. Strange little girl she is!

I can't look at the pics, cause I can't not do myspace on my comp.....the only web site that will freeze this dumb thing up.

tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

(Picture Heavy)

Postby tia_leigha » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:32 pm

Here is my crew!

tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Quick question..

Postby tia_leigha » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:37 pm

Where can I go to describe my dogs' issues and how we have been handling them in more detail ? I tried the Behavior forum, but it says I am not authorized to post there :(

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Re: Quick question..

Postby crazy4pits » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:43 pm

tia_leigha wrote:Where can I go to describe my dogs' issues and how we have been handling them in more detail ? I tried the Behavior forum, but it says I am not authorized to post there :(
Nice looking family

You have to wait to be approved sometimes it takes a few days. The mods do it manually. But it is worth the wait.

You can only post in the section for now....

Brutus's Mommy
Addicted to PBF

Postby Brutus's Mommy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:48 pm

Welcome to the board. Why do you want to breed?

tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Yea..I am going to neuter him after all

Postby tia_leigha » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:01 pm

Well let's see..how do I put this?? UGH. Well.. I know what you're thinking. The breed has a horrible reputation for one. We as pit bull owners fight a battle every day just when we take our dogs outside and people look down on us as if we are stupid. If they only knew the warm heart behind that cold nose. So why create more puppies that have to fight for their lives as well? Not to mention all of the dogs currently in shelters without homes.

I honestly don't have a logical, good reason for wanting to breed Symian to another registered pit bull. Yea, he could make us a few hundred here and there, but is it really worth creating 7-8 puppies that may end up banned, euthanized, etc? Or just plain out fighting for their right ro exist.

So YES. You're right. We definately should NOT breed him. He could win money other ways. Weight pull competitions. maybe some amateur shows or something . I should do some research.

Do you have any idea how hard it is going to be to convince my prison guard fiance that we are going to have to neuter this little guy? I hate how guys are when it comes to neutering dogs. They can be retarded.

I am pretty sure that since Dozer is neutered, Symian will try to be the dominant male of the 2 if he keeps his juevos. DOzer was there first. He has a higher rank in the pack. I dont want any confrontation with the 2 males and I will do my best to get those suckers chopped off soon! :) . His testosterone may cause some serious behavior issues in the future..

Wannie
Super Bully

Postby Wannie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:10 pm

Welcome. Glad to see that you are reconsidering breeding.

rgyoung777
Addicted to PBF

Re: Yea..I am going to neuter him after all

Postby rgyoung777 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:34 pm

tia_leigha wrote:I honestly don't have a logical, good reason for wanting to breed Symian to another registered pit bull. Yea, he could make us a few hundred here and there, but is it really worth creating 7-8 puppies that may end up banned, euthanized, etc? Or just plain out fighting for their right ro exist.

So YES. You're right. We definately should NOT breed him. He could win money other ways. Weight pull competitions. maybe some amateur shows or something . I should do some research.

You're probably going to discover, through your research, that breeding, when done correctly, is something you break even on at best. Often times, it's a venture where you lose money. It's a huge responsibility, and something you don't want to get into casually, and definitely something that's not worth attempting unless you're committed to doing it right.

Actually, nearly all legal dog sports in this country at least are done for fun and titles/ribbons, and not much prize money is involved. You'll lose money here, too, because these sanctioned events require registration fees and often they're not nearby, so there are usually travel and lodging expenses involved.

Keep up the research--with this breed, you'll never stop learning!

Purr

Postby Purr » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:26 pm

Hello, I'm new here as well, and I just wanted to tell you how beautiful you babies are!

As far as breeding goes, IMO (and this just what I think personally), there are a lot of really great dogs dying every day in animal shelters, because we have too many dogs and not enough homes for them. Personally, I wouldn't breed more dogs that could add to that problem.

Tell your fiance' that if Symian isn't neutered, he will start to bully Dozer (no, that's not a pun LOL), and you could end up with a LOT of trouble on your hands. I had two male dogs that I rescued as puppies together. They weren't neutered early enough, due to a family crisis, and they began to fight. I actually had to re-home the other dog, Bear. He got a great home, but it was hard to lose him over dog aggression issues.

tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Heyyy..some info

Postby tia_leigha » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:12 am

Just so you guys know>>> I am going to Austin this month to meet up with a bunch of other pit bull loving families and their friends. We are all going to walk our dogs in the park to socialize them and ourselves. It all started with this site called MEETUP. I cant wait to go this month. It will be good for me and the dogs. If you guys want to look into finding pit bull loving people and their dogs- check it out too!

www.meetup.com

Its free and a lot of fun!

Return to “Introductions”