Long time APBT owner.... new puppy....new to group

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
dragonshade

Long time APBT owner.... new puppy....new to group

Postby dragonshade » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:15 am

Hello fellow dog lovers :peace:

I am new to the group, and introducing myself. My name is Ray, I am in my mid-thirties, live in Atlanta Georgia, and love American Pit Bull Terriers. It all started when I bought a woderful little chocolate red-nose female puppy nearly 14 years ago. She was 6 wks old and became my absolute heart. Star was the most incredible dog....the most loving and loyal friend I could have every asked for.

I later found out she had quite a pedigree. I had bought numerous books on the breed and was THRILLED to find some names like Bolio, Chinaman, Dibo (the really old dogs) from the books directly on her pedigree in generations 5 and 6. She had 3 litters in her lifetime, and how I wish now I had have kept a puppy.

As with all things..... this past year, last day of August, I had to say goodbye to my beloved friend. (as even now the tears come) Bone cancer had raveged her body, though she was the same inside....it was awful to see and feel. Most painful thing I have ever endured.

After months it was time.....and now we have a new little joy. Little Cinder will be 3 months this week. (A face shot is my avatar...don't really look like a 11 wk old puppy face lol)

So anyway....looking forward to joining the group!![/img]

tia_leigha
Addicted to PBF

Welcome

Postby tia_leigha » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:18 am

Well I know I speak for everyone here and their fur faces that we are glad to have you. Sad to hear about your little red nose pup. I dont even want to think about my 3 getting old on me :( . I will love them just the same, but it will be :tongue: :tongue: sad. Anywho- welcome! =)

Purr

Postby Purr » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:28 am

Welcome! So sorry to hear about your little girl - my eyes were welling up as I was reading your post. My old girl is 13, and though she's quite healthy, I know I won't have her for too many more years....

I love the pic of your new baby! Looking forward to getting to know you and little Cinder :welcome:

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:36 am

Sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board :)

Lucas_is_my_pitty

welcome

Postby Lucas_is_my_pitty » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:50 pm

Welcome aboard! :peace:

flovianzon
Forum Junky

Postby flovianzon » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:58 pm

Welcome to PBF, Ray. Sorry to hear about Star. We'd like to see more pics of your new puppy!

tat2stuff
Super Bully

Postby tat2stuff » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:31 pm

:welcome:

concreterose

Postby concreterose » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:05 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”