Hello and help?

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
dampmonster

Hello and help?

Postby dampmonster » Wed May 02, 2007 5:15 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Samantha and I am located in Hamilton Ontario. I know I'm suppose to be making an introduction but I am desperate for help.

A little while ago I was delighted to meet an American pitter by the name of Petey. He has truly made quite an impact on my life. A little while ago he strayed from home and the SPCA picked him up, not even bothering to phone and say they had him.

When we went to see our dog, the people there told us they could not give him back, despite the fact that he is fully licensed. They're giving us 3 options: euthanasia, donating him to science or sending him to someone outside the province.

I don't know where else to turn; we really don't want to have to kill our dog. He is still just a puppy. If anyone has any suggestions, knows any good websites or maybe has a home for him, I would really appreciate any kind of feedback.

With many thanks,
Sam :sad:

GSDBulldog
Addicted to PBF

Postby GSDBulldog » Wed May 02, 2007 5:22 pm

Try the rescue section.

But yeah, the ban is totally working.

dampmonster

Postby dampmonster » Wed May 02, 2007 8:24 pm

The ban is bullshizzle.

ilovemypits
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovemypits » Wed May 02, 2007 10:02 pm

Oh my gosh! How sad. I hope you are able to find help.[/list]

Wesam
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Wesam » Wed May 02, 2007 11:44 pm

Why are they not giving it back if he is fully licensed? By fully licensed, I am interpreting that he is a legal Ontarian?

Not that I am supporting illegal transactions here, but if I was in that crappy ass situation and I had a licensed dog, I would "send him out of the province," and someday he MIGHT find his way back! ;) Get what I mean?

Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Spurby » Wed May 02, 2007 11:57 pm

I am guessing since you said this dog is a puppy that is why they will not release him.

You can PM me, we work with this AC(not the SPCA though i don't think your dog is there)

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Thu May 03, 2007 9:09 am

I am so sorry for your situation. Please keep us posted and our paws and fingers are crossed!

dampmonster

Postby dampmonster » Thu May 03, 2007 9:58 am

Wesam wrote:Why are they not giving it back if he is fully licensed? By fully licensed, I am interpreting that he is a legal Ontarian?

Not that I am supporting illegal transactions here, but if I was in that crappy ass situation and I had a licensed dog, I would "send him out of the province," and someday he MIGHT find his way back! ;) Get what I mean?

No, I totally agree. It's really breaking my mom's heart to see him in this crappy little cage day in and day out. The only thin with sending him out of province is-- where? Are there any agencies that would take him?

I'm not very good at finding stuff :\

dampmonster

Postby dampmonster » Thu May 03, 2007 10:06 am

Spurby wrote:I am guessing since you said this dog is a puppy that is why they will not release him.

You can PM me, we work with this AC(not the SPCA though i don't think your dog is there)

I tried PMing you but it keeps saying I'm not allowed to. You work with them? Well any suggestions are appreciated.

According to my mom she talked to this lady (a vet) who said there was a woman who was freeing pitbulls by claiming they're a bull dog cross. She was just about to give up her name when a man came in and the conversation had to be cut short. Know anything about it possibly?

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Thu May 03, 2007 8:34 pm

OK, you're set to send PMs now.

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”