new here but not really =) (this is long-sorry)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
melkissa2004

new here but not really =) (this is long-sorry)

Postby melkissa2004 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:40 pm

hi guys, i used to be a member years ago on this website and i loved it! unfortunately, over time i became incredibly busy and blah blah blah i just kind of forgot about the website. after getting into a couple of arguments on myspace with some dumb bully owners, i was determined to get involved in the bully movement again.
i do not currently own a pitbull although i used to... her name was precious and she was the best doggy i ever had. unfortunately, through a nasty divorce and having no where to live i could not keep her. i couldn't give her the life she deserved if i had to start working 50+ hours a week and find a place to life. i would not have had any time or money to be able to feed her and keep her healthy. i know that i should not have gotten her in the first place unless i could keep her for life, no matter what, but sometimes things happen that are completely out of your control and you can't do anything about it.
such as your husband cheating on you with your best friend and then demanding a divorce and kicking you out of your own home. but i'm not bitter... haha. i'm better off now.
anyways, the great news is that my grandmother and stepgrandfather adopted her =) my stepgrandfather raised bullies and is active in some california rescue work and bully training. his 14 year old bully had died shortly before this happened so he was heartbroken and looking to adopt again. they bring her twice a year from cali to florida so i can visit her and they always send me pictures and updates. i was so relieved to not have to adopt her to someone i didn't know. i'm glad she stayed in the family. with the exception of her being a little spoiled chunky butt now, she is doing great!
sorry this is so long, i just wanted to get that off my chest for those of you i used to know on here =)
i do not currently own a bully and do not plan on it anytime soon. i love pits and dogs in general, but i've just realized i do not have the time or commitment to own a dog right now. i recently got re-married and am due to have a baby in november, and i just don't think i could treat a bully the way they deserve. i don't want to get in over my head and end up having to adopt out another dog. i don't think i could take the heartbreak. i fall in love with these dogs... i would want to spend all of my free time with the doggy and i just can't do that now or anytime soon. i would love to get involved in helping transport or do SOMETHING to help the movement though. even if it's writing letters to legislators again or starting petitions. or just making people aware or this breeds true temperament.
nice to see some of you again and most of you for the first time =)

pibbles and bits

Postby pibbles and bits » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:12 pm

welcome!

melkissa2004

Postby melkissa2004 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:18 pm

pibbles and bits wrote:welcome!

thanks =)

stang01
Matured Bully

Postby stang01 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:40 pm

WELCOME sorry for your stepgrandfather

Ilovethepits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ilovethepits » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:47 pm

Welcome to you! I'm sorry about your troubles, but glad you found a good home for your doggie - it's wonderful that you get to see Precious twice a year!! I'm sure you can find plenty to do in Florida for bullies. Best of luck to you and your new family. :)

ssontag
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby ssontag » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:05 pm

Welcome! Sorry you had to get rid of Precious but glad to hear she is still and the family and you get to visit. I'm sure you will find lots of ways to be of help in Florida. Would love to see some pictures of Precious! :)

kazuo
Site Admin

Postby kazuo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:00 pm

:modwelcomeonly2: .

Return to “Introductions”