We <3 Pitbulls!!! From Houston, TX

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
BrawnZ
Newborn Bully

We <3 Pitbulls!!! From Houston, TX

Postby BrawnZ » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:36 pm

We found this forum trying to comfort our grief when we had to put our beautiful girl to sleep because of stones in her bladder last July 11th. She had a slight chance with the operation & it was one of the toughest decisions we ever had to make :(

R.I.P. Khaki (August 2002 - July 11, 2007) Run free in the clouds our little angel... we'll see you at the Rainbow Bridge

Jellin
BANNED

Postby Jellin » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:04 pm

sorry :(

AkiD

Postby AkiD » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:06 pm

Too bad she was beautiful....Sometimes life just sucks... :sad:

manalastasc

Postby manalastasc » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:17 pm

She is beautiful, im sorry for your loss.

Allie
Addicted to PBF

Postby Allie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:49 pm

Welcome to the forum. Khaki was a very pretty baby. I'm so sorry for your loss.

BrawnZ
Newborn Bully

Postby BrawnZ » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:40 pm

Thank you all so much for the very warm welcome! Me & my bf Clint had a very difficult time mourning for Khaki and almost everyone advised us to get another dog. At first we were reluctant because we felt disloyal to Khaki but we eventually did...

Yesterday we researched for pitbull rescues around our area and drove to Spindletop Pitbull Refuge over by Jones Rd. realizing after 45 mins that the place didn't exist! So we drove home feeling heavy and thinking that it wasn't meant to be until we passed up some folks selling APBT puppies on the side of HWY 6. Clint was like.. "lets pull up there and just hug them so we wouldnt feel to sad" so i signaled to turn left and walked up to a litter of cute 11 puppies. My bf quickly fell in love with this one that looked more of boxer than a pit. I told him that we should sleep on it if we really want one or we were just being impulsive.

So today we present to you....

Roxy!
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/brawnz/roxy/roxy4.jpg

She was born June 4th and I have so many questions. I cant post in the other forums right now but if someone can just offer some advice. The breeder said to feed her Diamond but we've read that it wasnt good so we researched what to get and bought her Nature's Variety dry food and frozen raw food and some goats milk. Now i'm not sure as to how we should measure this.... please help!![/img]

BrawnZ
Newborn Bully

Postby BrawnZ » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:45 pm

BrawnZ wrote:Thank you all so much for the very warm welcome! Me & my bf Clint had a very difficult time mourning for Khaki and almost everyone advised us to get another dog. At first we were reluctant because we felt disloyal to Khaki but we eventually did...

Yesterday we researched for pitbull rescues around our area and drove to Spindletop Pitbull Refuge over by Jones Rd. realizing after 45 mins that the place didn't exist! So we drove home feeling heavy and thinking that it wasn't meant to be until we passed up some folks selling APBT puppies on the side of HWY 6. Clint was like.. "lets pull up there and just hug them so we wouldnt feel to sad" so i signaled to turn left and walked up to a litter of cute 11 puppies. My bf quickly fell in love with this one that looked more of boxer than a pit. I told him that we should sleep on it if we really want one or we were just being impulsive.

So today we present to you....

Roxy!

She was born June 4th and I have so many questions. I cant post in the other forums right now but if someone can just offer some advice. The breeder said to feed her Diamond but we've read that it wasnt good so we researched what to get and bought her Nature's Variety dry food and frozen raw food and some goats milk. Now i'm not sure as to how we should measure this.... please help!!

oopsies on the first attempt

ilovemypits
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovemypits » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:08 pm

OMG Roxy is soooo cute. Best of luck with her, and you'll be able to get tons of info on the site.

BrawnZ
Newborn Bully

Postby BrawnZ » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:18 pm

i've realized how much she loves to pose! we have a Diva ladies & gentlemen!!!

Action Star

Serious Drama Star/ Puss in Boots Look

Our little version of Cindy Crawford.. the black spot looking mole near the lip is on the bottom left though.. :/ har har!

cbow
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby cbow » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:23 pm

:hi
Welcome.

BrawnZ
Newborn Bully

Postby BrawnZ » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:29 pm

she's all using Khaki's old stuff now like her bed and ropes. I'm not sure though if this is a concern for puppies?? please advise! :)

this was the very first time she bravely wandered around the house and found one of Khaki's ropes. Off she went with it towards her bed -- I should have posted this first.

she must be following the foot steps of Khaki

daddy and khaki

whats cookin? -Khaki

stang01
Matured Bully

Postby stang01 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:58 pm

welcome. sorry for the loss. she was really beautiful

DonVitto

Postby DonVitto » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:20 pm

omg i'm really sorry for your loss. i know how it is to make that desision of putting a dog to sleep... she was gorgeous.. and you don't have to feel unloyal to her for getting another puppie. it would be like a brother to her :) she will see him through heaven and love him ^^ ***

BrawnZ
Newborn Bully

Postby BrawnZ » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:01 am

Day 1 with Roxy was very exhausting! It's like I gave birth to child! That girl could not sleep in her crate. As young as 6 weeks we're trying to crate train her at night and when we are out for work. Last night I placed her crate infront of the bed on my side so she can see me. I feel really bad though leaving her. I need to call our neighbor to check up on her for lunch because I dont want to leave her there until I get home. We're usually out the house to work for 10 hrs. I wish I had a home-based job :frown:

She seems to be liking the Nature's Variety raw food mixed with dry this morning. My bf said she wanted to eat more & wanted to eat even the bowl! For breakfast he gave her 1 medallion and 1/4 c. of dry kibble. He played and waited for her to go before he put her back in the crate. We're both kind of paranoid letting her play in the grass too long. We're cautious if she sniff's/eats Khaki's dried doo-doo also with bugs that might bite her.

coweatchicken

Postby coweatchicken » Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:28 am

Bring her to the vet ASAP to get her shots and bring a stool sample to check for worms. Once she gets her first shots, she'll be fine playing in the grass.

6 weeks is too young to expect them to sleep soundly by themselves. Even at 8 weeks they'd have separation anxiety from their litter mates. I just picked up a retriever mix puppy off the road and she had to sleep with my big girl so she wouldn't cry. I got a hot water bottle and wrapped it in a blanket and partitioned off a small part of the kennel for her to sleep. She's now snug as a bug and I'm starting to ween her off of the bottle lol
10 hours a day is WAY too long to leave a puppy alone. They can only hold their bladder for maybe 2 hours and any longer than that is risking some serious infections happening to your little girl. Yes, get the neighbor to help, if you can, but you should try to figure something else out instead of leaving her inside all day. When I have to go away for a few hours, I put the large kennel outside without the plastic bottom in it with a bowl of water and a towel draped over the top for shade. She can lay down in the grass and have a spot to potty and has the towel as cover from the sun. I also put a chew toy in there so she won't get bore. The first couple of times I did it, I was just getting her used to it, and now she's fine being by herself for a few hours.

My honest opinion though: you shouldn't have gotten a puppy this young off the side of the road when you don't have the time to devote to it. I hope you get access soon so others can give you better advice so your pup can be well adjusted and happy.

Return to “Introductions”