My First Pit Bull. =)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Arika
Newborn Bully

My First Pit Bull. =)

Postby Arika » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:57 pm

Hey, my name is Arika.. I'm from Allentown, PA and I currently live in Denver, CO. My boyfriend, Cameron, and I just got a purebred Pit Bull puppy named Bailey about a month ago. She was 10 weeks when we got her and she's an incredibly intelligent puppy.. we have her sitting, shaking, speaking, "up", "down".. and she's doing pretty well with barking when she wants to go out although there's room for improvement. =) You can't expect her to learn overnight, though.

When I was younger, I was actually attacked by a Pit Bull with very irresponsible owners, but they've still always been my favorite breed. There are no bad dogs, only bad owners!

I'm really excited about watching Bailey grow up and I'm glad Cameron showed me this forum, because we could use the help from other owners. Especially me, since this is my first dog ever.

Cameron & Bailey when we first got her.

She HATES cigarettes when they're lit.

spammie

Postby spammie » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:45 pm

Welcome to PBF. Your pup is beautiful! As a first time owner of an APBT, this is the place to be...sooo much to learn. These folks are helpful about the breed. Glad to have you with us.
PS
I thought Denver had BSL for no APBT ownership..maybe I'm wrong.

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:33 pm

spammie wrote:I thought Denver had BSL for no APBT ownership

That was my impression, as well.

Welcome.

ilovemypits
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovemypits » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:37 pm

Welcome, cute pup!

I also thought there was tough BSL in Denver.....

Arika
Newborn Bully

BSL

Postby Arika » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:38 pm

Denver does have a "ban" on Pits due to a dog-fighting community which used to be a problem. Instead of punishing the owners of the victims, they chose to banish the breed which is ridiculous.

There are still many Pit Bull owners in Denver and the instances of confiscation of Pits have been very rare since the ban was passed. If anyone should give me trouble about Bailey, I would send her to my family in Pennsylvania. I'm not planning on staying here anyway.

ilovemypits
Addicted to PBF

Postby ilovemypits » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:40 pm

I will be hoping you have no problems, and that you get out of there ASAP with your new baby.

Arika
Newborn Bully

Another note..

Postby Arika » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:43 pm

Just another note, people are constantly working on overturning the ban here, as well. It's obviously completely unfounded.. I understand dog-fighting is a horrible activity and I don't agree with it in any form, but that doesn't mean all Pit Bulls are fighters. Again, it should be the owners being punished, not the breed.

Arika
Newborn Bully

Postby Arika » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:46 pm

ilovemypits wrote:I will be hoping you have no problems, and that you get out of there ASAP with your new baby.

Thank you! I doubt we will have problems as I see people out walking their dogs which are clearly Pits all the time. But, at the same time, I am not comfortable living in a city that is so close-minded about the Pit Bull issue.

Arika
Newborn Bully

ummm, problem.

Postby Arika » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:14 pm

Hey, Cameron writing. Bailey just came in the room with a razorblade from the head of a gilette in her mouth, i caught her almost chompin it to swallow it....

What to do? =?

Cboy1
Newborn Bully

Postby Cboy1 » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:57 pm

^^^Is she bleeding in any way or form? If she is then I'd suggest you contact a pet center with an ER or some sort.

Shay59
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shay59 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:52 am

Having a pit pup in the house is like having a toddler there. If you remotely think there's something they can get to and chew , move it. If they can get to it, they will have it in their mouth. Is she okay after the razor incident? Good luck with that precious lil girl, she looks very sweet. Can't wait to watch her grow up in the pictures.

Welcome from Virginia...

kazuo
Site Admin

Postby kazuo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:54 am

:modwelcomeonly2: .

Return to “Introductions”