Introduction

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
kiedis

Introduction

Postby kiedis » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi,

I live in Ontario, Canada and have recently adopted a two+ year old pitbull-mix. Jesse was found as a stray wandering the streets, and thankfully animal control called a local rescue to take her in. As I'm sure you know, Ontario has very strict BSL, and as a result most shelters are filled to the brim with pitbulls, and many are being put to sleep.

We don't know much about her history. However, when we had her in to be spayed, the vet discovered that she had already had the surgery. At some point, she was someone's pet. Whether they dumped her after the laws came into place, or she ran away, we don't know.

Living with a pitbull in Ontario has been challenging. As she is a mix, and many people have said that she doesn't look a lot like a pit, we weren't always muzzling her. That all ended when I was chased down by an animal control officer. Thankfully, he let me off with a warning. With Jesse giving him many kisses in the process. We now muzzle her whenever we are in public. Of course, this means people attitute towards her has changed dramatically. The other issue is, because it's mostly her head/face that look pit-like, with the muzzle on, she looks like any other dog. Many people assume she has the muzzle because she is agressive.

Anyway, if you're still reading after hearing our entire life story :oops: , here are some pictures of our girl:

And here she is with her muzzle.

We couldn't be happier with our beautiful girl, and although she's a dog that comes with a lot of responsibility and baggage, she makes our lives better every day.

Zeldasmom
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Zeldasmom » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:53 pm

Awww...she's a cutie. At least she has a pretty pink muzzle, poor thing. Welcome to PBF!

stang01
Matured Bully

Postby stang01 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:06 pm

Welcome :)

apbtgurl26
Matured Bully

Postby apbtgurl26 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Welcome! :hi I love her pink muzzle! :))

kiedis

Postby kiedis » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:13 pm

apbtgurl26 wrote:Welcome! :hi I love her pink muzzle! :))

We had to search everywhere to find it. I outfit her all in pink. It's my way of making her more approachable. :)

cbow
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby cbow » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:23 pm

:welcome:

zydoc_5
Matured Bully

Postby zydoc_5 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:26 pm

:) Welcome

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:02 pm

Welcome to the forum!

ssontag
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby ssontag » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:08 pm

Welcome! Your have a beautiful girl there. Somehow, it always makes me sad when I see pictures of such a beautiful dog in a muzzle. :frown:

kazuo
Site Admin

Postby kazuo » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:11 am

:modwelcomeonly2: .

Return to “Introductions”