Meet Moe!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
ratpatch
Newborn Bully

Meet Moe!

Postby ratpatch » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:16 am

Greetings All…

My name is April. I live in NE Mississippi in a small college town. My husband and I have lived in the same house with a large fenced yard for 12 years now. We spend a lot of time camping, entertaining friends, and visiting family. I want to introduce you all to MOE. :cool:

We had a Basset / Boxer mixed dog that we just had to put down due to aging problems. This made us very sad and made us realize we wanted another dog as soon as possible. I did lots of research about breeds and found a lot more about what I didn’t want than what I did. I decided we would just go to the pound and find a puppy that we could live with, that would match our personalities as well as possible. I knew I didn’t want a border collie or JRT or anything else with a larger work ethic than I have. I’ve never been too fond of chows or GSD (just never been around nice ones I guess).

Well off to the pound we go and the first dog I see is this dark brown dog with spotty feet. He’s marked on the kennel as basset mix. He’s very laid back and quiet in the kennel, so we take him out, walk around and I’m smitten. He’d been in the pound for 6 weeks. (I had no idea they kept them so long, I feel very lucky we got him when we did.)

We get him home and Steve says, you know he kinda looks like a pit bull, just in the face. Well all the kids in the neighborhood think he’s a pit too. And the vet tech we went to see also suspected pitness… (whee new word) lol

Soooo… do I have a pit, I dunno, but he is as sweet as can be to us, and has played very well with the other (5) dogs we’ve introduced him to so far. The vet thinks he is about 8 months old, and he is fixed. My last dog became more dog intolerant (not aggressive as such) as he aged, to the point that it wasn’t much fun to take him with us sometimes because he wasn’t happy around other dogs. I’m really hoping that this will not be a big issue for us. But I guess that is a question for another forum.

My only other relation to a Pit was a childhood dog we had named Brandy that was a Pit / Boxer mix. She was a good dog to us, but did not like some of the men that worked in close proximity to our house, so we ended up moving her to my Grandmother’s house in the country where she was much happier. (again, I was a kid, so it wasn’t really my call) But I can remember her dragging her doghouse across the yard while we were gone, she would have been a fabulous weight pulling competitor.

I don’t have any bad experiences with pits, all of the ones I’ve met have been real marshmallows. I've enjoyed lurking on this board for the last week or so. The opinions and advice that I've read on here has been presented in an intelligent and kind manner, so I'd like to join this forum, even if we decide that Moe 0% pit bull.

Moe’s stat’s
8 mo. Old
Neutered Male
Unknown mix
Shares home with 1 cat & 2 people
Heartworm positive (treatment upcoming)
Shelter rescue (7/25/07)
Clicker training in process (sit, down, grooming manners, interest in crate, touch, lead walking)
Played with 5 dogs nicely
Likes the neighbor kids, but unsure about bicycles
Will be raw fed, but right now still on kibble

I hope that’s all I was supposed to put into this introduction. I’m sorry it got long winded, but thanks for reading this far. :tongue:

stang01
Matured Bully

Postby stang01 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:44 am

Welcome, who cares if is not a pitbull and he was in the pound for 6 weeks thats a lot

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:35 pm

Welcome! Moe is adorable!

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:40 pm

:welcome:

Saphi_and_Sasha

Postby Saphi_and_Sasha » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:58 pm

I love the spots!

demo-dog
Adolescent Bully

Postby demo-dog » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:59 pm

A handsome devil! Welcome to you and Moe.

kazuo
Site Admin

Postby kazuo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:19 am

:modwelcomeonly2: .

Return to “Introductions”