Greetings from Alaska!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
JulieC
Adolescent Bully

Greetings from Alaska!

Postby JulieC » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:56 pm

Hi from the frozen north! :peace:

My name is Julie C and I am a 25 year old from Fairbanks, Alaska. I am new to owning pit bulls, but I have known many wonderful ones in my short life. My parents showed (AKC) and bred Airedale terriers and Chesapeake Bay retreivers as well as rescuing many other breeds of dogs. I was a junior handler and a victim for our local search and rescue group as a kid. Now I am just another lover of dogs.

I love the loyalty, courage, intelligence, and athleticism that pitties have. I currently have 2 dogs. One is a 3 year old rottweiler named Berry and the other is a 10 month old BYB American pit bull terrier rescue named Kitty. I rescued Kitty 6 months ago (hard to believe!!) and while we have had quite a difficult road with many set backs, she is a true pit bull and is coming through this to be an amazing dog. I am interested in getting Kitty involved in disc dog and possibly rally and/or agility. But first we must work on her manners! :tongue: Kitty is one of the many pit bull reasons that I will always have pitties in my pack.

Outside of Kitty, I have Berry, my 1 year old human kid, and 4 fish tanks. I am also interested in reptiles and I have rescued many snakes over the years, but I have been taking a break due to the kid and the salmonella risk that reptiles carry. I am mainly interested in cichlids as far as fish go. I currently have a bocourti/mayan hybrid, blood parrot, festivum, Pseudotropheus demasoni, Labidochromis carealeus (yellow labs/electric yellows), angelfish, plecos, cories, and some tetras and danios as dither fish. Outside of animals, I play softball in my spare time.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:41 pm

It's great to have you here! Your pooches are beautiful! BTW, I desperately want to move to Alaska. You need to post pictures!

kazuo
Site Admin

Postby kazuo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:13 am

:modwelcomeonly2: .

Return to “Introductions”