New - Anya makes a new start in NH

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:15 pm

Maryjane09 wrote:May the PITBULL GODS bless you!! :bowdown:

ditto!

Adivina
Adolescent Bully

Postby Adivina » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:48 pm

So... does she have new fancy pants short nails?

dangermouth
Newborn Bully

Postby dangermouth » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:56 pm

Noooo...last night was bad. I had to unload 800 lbs of wood pellets from the company car into the basement because the car had to be used. After that, I had no energy left, barely had the strength to medicate ferrets and let them run around.

On the positive side, I was scratching her belly this morning and I'm pretty sure I can see a spay scar. That would make my wallet much happier. I'm going to try to Dremel her nails tonight, but no promises. Jeez, lady, git off my back :P

Adivina
Adolescent Bully

Postby Adivina » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:09 pm

I just nag because I love! roflmao

dingo
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby dingo » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:21 pm

Welcome! Congratulations on your new/old friend. :) She looks a sweetheart.

And so, you've got a ferret rescue, huh? Whatever I do I must not become your friend. :)) I've got five rescue ferrets and just got a whopping big three story Ferret Nation cage as an anniversary gift (yeah, I know ... well, he wanted to buy me jewelery but I said I would rather have a bigger ferret cage and a stash of moula for our ferret medical fund ... I know you know how that one goes. :sad: )

Anyhow, welcome to our forum - and please feel totally free to email me pics of any adoptable ferrets in your rescue that would like to come live in Maine. I'm always up for a road trip, especially if it involves ferrets or pits. :)

spammie

Postby spammie » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:38 pm

Welcome. Thank you for giving her a home.

dangermouth
Newborn Bully

Postby dangermouth » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:42 pm

dingo wrote:Welcome! Congratulations on your new/old friend. :) She looks a sweetheart.

And so, you've got a ferret rescue, huh? Whatever I do I must not become your friend. :)) I've got five rescue ferrets and just got a whopping big three story Ferret Nation cage as an anniversary gift (yeah, I know ... well, he wanted to buy me jewelery but I said I would rather have a bigger ferret cage and a stash of moula for our ferret medical fund ... I know you know how that one goes. :sad: ) :)

I have three two-story Ferret Nation cages put together for the kids, plus a couple of Martin's cages...there's quite the zoo going on in my house, and Anya, being the animal-aggressive baby killer that all pits so obviously are....is completely oblivious to it all. I've already had so many friends warn me to be careful with her. Well duh, it's a new dog, I'm going to be careful, but they just don't understand what a big baby she is.

prettylilpollock
Newborn Bully

Postby prettylilpollock » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:56 am

I think she is beautiful , and I am glad she found her way to your loving home.

Welcome to the Forum :)

dingo
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby dingo » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:59 am

dangermouth wrote:
dingo wrote:Welcome! Congratulations on your new/old friend. :) She looks a sweetheart.

And so, you've got a ferret rescue, huh? Whatever I do I must not become your friend. :)) I've got five rescue ferrets and just got a whopping big three story Ferret Nation cage as an anniversary gift (yeah, I know ... well, he wanted to buy me jewelery but I said I would rather have a bigger ferret cage and a stash of moula for our ferret medical fund ... I know you know how that one goes. :sad: ) :)

I have three two-story Ferret Nation cages put together for the kids, plus a couple of Martin's cages...there's quite the zoo going on in my house, and Anya, being the animal-aggressive baby killer that all pits so obviously are....is completely oblivious to it all. I've already had so many friends warn me to be careful with her. Well duh, it's a new dog, I'm going to be careful, but they just don't understand what a big baby she is.

Yep, it's a total danger zone in our mutt room/laundry room where the ferts reside and Annie has her crate. Annie has worked out a nicely symbiotic relationship with the weasels; she entertains them by performing zoomies around their cage and they reward her by throwing their kibble at her. The danger? Annie getting fat from ingesting too much super high protein kibble. :))

But I wouldn't for a minute let her have access to one of the ferrets; she'd 'Lenny' it to death by playing with it too hard. it's a pity really; that big 'ol pit bull tongue would sure make an effective weasel ear cleaner! :))

Adivina
Adolescent Bully

Postby Adivina » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:32 am

I would just like to add to this ferrety/pit conversation - Kratos is a total wimp... he is scared of my ferret. Scared enough that the first time he saw Kubrick he went up to him, licked him through the cage bars, cried, and then peed himself. :crybaby:

He's getting a bit better realizing the ferret isn't an evil doom machine though.

Oh yeah - I am on the board for Dangermouth's ferret rescue, its fun. She is gonna beat me up with I don't answer her web questions soon though I think!

Kubrick says hello!!!!

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:52 pm

dingo wrote:just got a whopping big three story Ferret Nation cage as an anniversary gift (yeah, I know ... well, he wanted to buy me jewelery but I said I would rather have a bigger ferret cage and a stash of moula for our ferret medical fund ... I know you know how that one goes. :sad: )

roflmao
The mark of a bone fide animal lover, pet supplies instead of jewelery...

dangermouth, that is awesome that you run a ferret rescue! I think those poor little guys get the short end of the stick a lot. Many people want them cause they are cute, but don't provide for their needs. My bro does a bit of ferret rescue as the area he lives in has only one animal rescue/welfare org and they only do cats and dogs. He doesn't get too many ferrets, maybe 3 a year, but he loves caring for and re-homing them. Thanks for helping the little weasels.

dangermouth
Newborn Bully

Postby dangermouth » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:58 pm

UPDATE! Anya is healthy as she can be given her age. She's clear of heartworm, lyme disease, ehrlichia and organ failure, according to her bloodwork, plus her urine didn't show much of anything except maybe the tiniest bit of infection. Her ears are infected and she has a couple of growths in her mouth and she has allergies. I can live with that.

We're giving her supplements for the allergies, antibiotics and ointment for the ears, and totally ignoring the growths unless they start to bother her - I'm not putting a 12 year old dog under anesthesia for something cosmetic. Not even if my vet was comfortable with it.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:03 pm

You are an angel for rescuing that precious girl.

dangermouth
Newborn Bully

Postby dangermouth » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:07 pm

Honestly, it's only rescue that keeps me going. I have problems with depression, and knowing that I've saved a life makes me feel worthwhile, and meeting other people who have done the same makes me feel like the whole world might not be a pile of crap.

I wish I could rescue bullies in the numbers that I can rescue ferrets, but that wouldn't be practical. Good lord, I'd spend 25 hours a day just scratching bellies!

Adivina
Adolescent Bully

Postby Adivina » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:11 pm

Yay! I am so glad she came back with a clean bill of health.

Return to “Introductions”