So to be owner

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
mr.brightside
Newborn Bully

So to be owner

Postby mr.brightside » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:04 pm

Hello everyone, names Cody but due to a drunken night of singing the Killers on the bar my friends call me Mr.brightside. I hail from the land of packers, beer, and um well really that is about all Wisconsin has offered to the world so far.

So a couple of weeks ago I had just got done helping my neighbor move out of his apartment and wanted nothing more then to get home, shower, and grab a drink at the bar down the street from me. I didn't get a couple steps from my place when out of nowhere a pit bull comes wondering down the ally with me, now I grew up very deep in the country where my parents breed German shepherds and had countless ditched dogs show up in our yard, plus have had the good luck of having two of these ditched dogs almost take my arm off when I was about 7. Yet still for some reason Pit bulls where the one dog I was kind of freaked out by and wanted nothing more then to get away from this dog.

But no matter what i tried this dog was going to come to the bar with me whither I liked it or not. So I sat down on a curb and it came right over and pretty much laid down in my lap,within about 10 mins became pretty much the greatest dog i had ever met, plus it had tags on so I figured it had come from a good home and someone must be missing it. I took it the shelter and hoped it would be home and happy before long.

Turns out whoever owned the dog didn't want and after two week the shelter called me asking if I wanted the dog. I have a 4 yr old daughter so part of me still questioned bringing a pit bull into the house but after doing some reading figured I would go to the shelter and see how it took to my daughter. Long story short it was true love and first sight. The shelter has to keep the dog for another week due to it having a bad cough(kennel cough) but my daughter and I have been down there everyday this week playing with Buela and getting are home ready for her. I still can't get over how gentle she is toward my daughter, she won't jump up to take the toy until I tell her its ok, as soon as my daughter takes the leash she slows down to a speed my daughter can handle and even seems to very much enjoy hearing about whatever it is 4 yr olds babble about.

Ok so it was a small novel but hey maybe you where bored and needed something to read, she comes home next friday and I'm freaking pumped.

Gypsy
Bully Ambassador

Postby Gypsy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:19 pm

WELCOME and congratulations and a thank you is in order for giving that pup a chance.
Beautiful dog!

Brad-and-Brodix
Newborn Bully

Postby Brad-and-Brodix » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:27 pm

She's beautiful ! Congrats :thumbsup:

Brad-and-Brodix
Newborn Bully

Postby Brad-and-Brodix » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:28 pm

She's beautiful ! Congrats :thumbsup:

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:51 pm

and....

mr.brightside
Newborn Bully

Postby mr.brightside » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:52 pm

"so to be owner"? Ha go team me for kick butt spelling skills in that post.

her eyes are what made me fall in love, will post some new pics when she comes home.

snoopsnoop
Forum Junky

Postby snoopsnoop » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:48 pm

And they say you can't find good lookin or blue dogs in the shelters!!!! :inlove: :inlove:

Welcome to PBF!

For_the_luv_of_pits

Postby For_the_luv_of_pits » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:43 am

Well I see how everyone is posting how beautiful she is .Maybie it's cause it's late, or maybie my eyes are playing some kind of sick joke on me ,but I don't see your pic:( I wanna see her too! lol

prettylilpollock
Newborn Bully

Postby prettylilpollock » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:22 am

Congratulations , and Welcome to the Forum :)

SueG
Matured Bully

Postby SueG » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:50 am

What a great story! Welcome!

docdeath
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby docdeath » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:08 am

congrats and welcome...

mr.brightside
Newborn Bully

Postby mr.brightside » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:41 am

if you can't see the pic just go to this link

http://catsndogs.org/adoptees1.php?type=Dog;ADR=587

there a bit behind on updating the page as you can tell

once again thanks for the welcome everyone.

Adivina
Adolescent Bully

Postby Adivina » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:53 am

Wow she is a looker! Thank you for giving pitties a chance! I promise once you get one you will want to own them for the rest of your life!

Zeldasmom
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Zeldasmom » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:07 am

It's easy to see why you fell in love with her! She looks like a sweetheart. Congratulations and Welcome!

rschrad7926
Matured Bully

Postby rschrad7926 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:43 am

Man, she is awesome....I am a master of the novel so don't worry about that one. Besides that it was a cool story....... :headbang:

Return to “Introductions”