Hello, I'm "Diesel" and this is my dad

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
DiamondTiger
Matured Bully

Re: Diesel is Learning Tricks

Postby DiamondTiger » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:12 am

tcox wrote:Jonathan and Kendra started teaching Diesel tricks today-

So far he's doing great with: Crawl and playing dead.
He's so Smart!

When an 8yr old and a 5 yr old can teach a dog 2 tricks in les than 30min- you know it's a great dog!

I LOVES PIT BULLS!!!!

lol That's awesome!!

KMAN
Matured Bully

Postby KMAN » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:30 am

DiamondTiger wrote:Yes... he was our foster boy for 2 months until his new family fell in love. :)) Awesome dog I tell ya! We miss him, but are soooo glad that he's found his wonderful new family.

He really is smart! He learned quite a bit in the short time that he was with us. Very eager to please! :)

That's a great answer, good for you guys for helping out! Must always be sad having to let one go though!
Thank you though! I love people like you! :thumbsup:

DiamondTiger
Matured Bully

Postby DiamondTiger » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:55 am

Ahh yes, it is rough to let them go. But oh so very worth it when you hear how happy they are and see pics like the ones posted of Diesel here. I can't wait to start fostering again. :D The people that I love are the ones like Tim (and family) who are happy to give a rescue dog a second chance! :peace:

tcox
Adolescent Bully

Diesel the Ambassodor!

Postby tcox » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:19 pm

Just thought I would let everyone know- Diesel has already been doing a great job as an ambassodor for his breed!

Jonathan and Kendra play soccer in a YMCA league where everyone loves him and he is the mascot for both teams; the "BULLDOGS".

I was talking to one of the soccer moms about dogs for about an hour, she didn't relize he was a pit. She absolutly loved him- after talking to her about the importance of adopting, and how wonderful the experience is, she ask; "What kind of dog is he?"

I proudly said, "He's a pit bull."

"A pit bull!" she exclaimed; why do these dogs have such a bad reputation?

I told her it's mostly about the "drug" underworld and the medias quest for ratings and thirst for blood.

She said she has been thinking about getting a dog-
I gave her information about LCPBR; she said she was going straight home and visit the website for more information and look @ available dogs.

We can do it people, if everyone that adopts or fosters can get at least one other person i nterested in the same thing.

It CAN be done!

tcox
Adolescent Bully

Hi from Mom!

Postby tcox » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:16 pm

Just a note from Mom! Glad to be a part of forum! It's been fun meeting everyone! We just got finished bathing all the pups! The big tub worked great and our two outside girls, GinGin and CoCo were decidedly calm through it all, Too.!

mypuppyJack
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby mypuppyJack » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:35 pm

that's awesome! My Jack learns new tricks really quickly too- and the kids taught him a whole bunch in sequence- it's quite the vaudeville routine

How old is Diesel? How wonderful that he is such a breed ambassador. I had a few friends consider pits after meeting mine but they definitely aren't appropriate for everyone. your enthusiasm is fantastic- just want to make sure you are realistic about possible dog aggression which can show up at anytime.

I had a family gathering recently and a few of my husband's relatives showed up unexpectedly with their dogs- so I had two well-behaved boxers, one hyper golden retriever and a nervous pointer mix running loose in my yard. Unfortunately my dogs had to be crated inside. Jack would have been OK except he plays rough but Ruthie isn't interested in doggy friends except for Jack and that was after a slow introduction of many weeks.

btw- I love the pics- kids and pitties are an awesome combination

Kathy

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

We

Postby akaspaddero » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:50 pm

Welcome and what a beautiful family u have! PBF is great. Thank you for rescuing.

tcox
Adolescent Bully

mypuppyjack reply

Postby tcox » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:46 pm

mypuppyJack wrote:that's awesome! My Jack learns new tricks really quickly too- and the kids taught him a whole bunch in sequence- it's quite the vaudeville routine

How old is Diesel? How wonderful that he is such a breed ambassador. I had a few friends consider pits after meeting mine but they definitely aren't appropriate for everyone. your enthusiasm is fantastic- just want to make sure you are realistic about possible dog aggression which can show up at anytime.

I had a family gathering recently and a few of my husband's relatives showed up unexpectedly with their dogs- so I had two well-behaved boxers, one hyper golden retriever and a nervous pointer mix running loose in my yard. Unfortunately my dogs had to be crated inside. Jack would have been OK except he plays rough but Ruthie isn't interested in doggy friends except for Jack and that was after a slow introduction of many weeks.

btw- I love the pics- kids and pitties are an awesome combination

Kathy

Diesel is about 19-20mo and appx 80lbs.
I've been working with dogs for 40yrs. I got my first bullie when I was 6 and trained him myself! (yes @ six years old I trained my first dog)
One of the best cow dogs ever!

I went through the BSL with german sheperds in the 70's when I owned 14; some of them schuzhund dogs I trained myself. (mostly herding dogs though).

I also went through the BSL with Dobies in the 80's when I had an couple of dobies.

I've also worked with other breeds large and small.

I've had as many as 30 dogs kept loose in packs. Pits in with sheperds, rotties, healers etc. I've even worked with wolf hybrids.

ANY agression including pit bull dog agression CAN be controlled!
Yes even when I'm not present.

I've had several pits; "Dingo", my prized pit that I lost to cancer in the early ninties was attacted on several occassions- once by an extermely "vicious" rottie.

Let me stop here and say Dingo was my equalizer.
This rot was dog agressive and PA; it already had one bad attack on a person as well as several bad run ins with unsuspecting canines.
The owner came to me for help!

The rottie attacked me; Dingo interviened long enough to let me gain control of this rottie. I told Dingo "OUT"; he immediately released, I said pen (his place when I was around nervos people or pets); he complied instantly!
Let me also say "Dingo" was rescued from a life of fighting when he was a liitle over a year. He was extremely DA when I got him . After about nine months of 4+ hrs a day; seven days a week training by me; he was completly under control. I could call him of a deer chase from over 100 yards and out of a fight. THANK GOODNESS THERE WAS ONLY ONE OTHER TIME I HAD TOO!

Two labs, off lease attacked him in an exhibition I was giving. The owner of the other TWO LARGE Labs was afraid to help break up the fight!
I was able to get the black lab off with little trouble. I used my dogs lease and gave the lab to a spectator. The yellow lab tried to bite me when I got between Dingo and him. Dingo got him by the neck through him to the ground and clamped on his throat- this dog still tried to bite when I went to attach another lead! Dingo clamped a little tighter- Finally, I got the lead on the Lab and told Dingo "OUT, TRUCK!" He immediatel complied without the slightest growl. :thumbsup:

To top it all off- the owner of the Labs threatened to sue! But all of the witnesses to this incident defended "Dingo" and myself. :peace:

I'm sorry my post is so long and I don't like to toot my own horn. However its vitaly important to know; Dog agression CAN all but be totally eliminated! It takes A LOT of work and dedication to do so. However it can be done! I've done it countless times. The APBT is the smartest breed I've ever been around!

I don't train anymore; just my own. But I am willing to help those that ask: No Charge! I LOVE this breed!

EmmasMom
Addicted to PBF

Postby EmmasMom » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:11 pm

Welcome! You have a beautiful family! :))

luvmybuddy2
Newborn Bully

Postby luvmybuddy2 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:45 pm

hi there! you're handsome diesel looks exactly like my buddy. they could be twins. i have a pic of buddy that you would swear was your dog. you are gonna love this forum. i found it a year ago when buddy showed up here but this is the first time i have been back in a year. the good folks here told me what i needed to do to be a responsible pit owner and helped me keep him when everyone at home wanted me to give him away- but he won them over! needless to say, i love your dog and am glad you gave him a good home!

Shay59
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shay59 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:53 pm

:cheerleader: that's for rescuing!

Diesel is beautiful, you can see how much the family loves him. He fits in well there. Rescue dogs seem to appreciate what they have more than usual, don't they?

When you get your club started, I'd be interested in the way you do it. I would like to do the same here.

tcox
Adolescent Bully

Postby tcox » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:26 pm

Shay59 wrote::cheerleader: that's for rescuing!

Diesel is beautiful, you can see how much the family loves him. He fits in well there. Rescue dogs seem to appreciate what they have more than usual, don't they?

When you get your club started, I'd be interested in the way you do it. I would like to do the same here.

What part of VA are you in, I used to have a business in Lynchburg.
I have some family still there.

The commonwealth is a liitle different animal than a state. I would suggest finding like-minded people in you area; after enough interest is generated visit the county courthouse. There is a lot if info there! Clubs usually have to register in dues are to be paid.

Go ahead and begin to put in to writting what you as a potential club member, would like to see your club participate in (mission statement, rules etc)
Remember a pitbull club needs to be public friendly!
We want people to love our breed!
That means make sure all members feel the same way! No MACHO mainiacs that think it's cool for everyone to be afraid of their dogs.

We know how wonderful our dogs are-
As responsible "Bullie" owners, it's our duty to educate people and get everyone we can to fall in love with "our" dog!

I'll keep you informed.

Shay59
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shay59 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:34 pm

Thanks for the info, I'll be asking more questions as it goes along. I feel alone here but I know I can't be alone. I'm in Halifax county, due south of Lynchburg in the next county. In fact one of my pups was adopted to someone in Lynchburg. I know what you mean about those macho types, I ran into too many when I was trying to find homes for the babies. They got weeded out fast. I try to always promote my dogs any chance I get. The vet's office loves us! :inlove: They say I have some of the best dogs to work with.

tcox
Adolescent Bully

pits and the vet

Postby tcox » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:08 pm

The vets I've used over the years have told me the same thing-
my dog "Dingo" once landed in a toad hole going after his stick I use to let peek over our roof ledge and broke some bone in his foot. It didn'y even slow him down, although I felt queasy when I herd it "Pop".

I took him to the vet who set and cast it with no muzzle or restraint of any kind! Dingo didn't even offer any resistence of any kind- he just licked the vets hand whe he was resetting the break and whimpered slightly! AMAZING DOGS!

gooeydog

Postby gooeydog » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:11 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”