hi, buddy's mom here

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
luvmybuddy2
Newborn Bully

hi, buddy's mom here

Postby luvmybuddy2 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:38 pm

hi again, i had to re-register because it has been so long since i've been here- about year i believe. you may remember my beautiful red nosed buddy with the heart shaped nose who showed up at my doorstep, and that i was desperately trying to find him a good home because my family was afraid once they knew he was a pit. after a lot of tears and finally just defiantly going out and buying the crate and extra fencing, i was able to keep him-and he is the most wonderful dog anyone could ask for. and as you all predicted, everyone else now knows what a great dog he is- it is impossible not to love such an affectionate well behaved dog. it was a rough time for a while trying to deal with the possibility of never seeing him again. many thanks to all who advised and especially to the poster who offered to foster him (i can't remember her name- i'm getting senile i think) anyway- how do i get help with health issues? i can't post anywhere else yet. he is suddenly sick and the vet doesn't know why.

bullymommy82

Postby bullymommy82 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:47 pm

welcome! (again) lol. I'm so glad you decided to keep your furbaby! Not to sound biased (but i TOTALLY am) apbts are the best dogs ever! Sorry he's sick, hope he feels better soon.

luvmybuddy2
Newborn Bully

Postby luvmybuddy2 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:13 pm

thanks! he is so gorgeous and i am so happy i was able to keep him! i am a true believer for sure- i really wanted him and he is as great as everyone said he would be. he isn't even dog aggressive like i expected from all i had read. he assumes every dog he sees is a playmate, they are not always nice to him but he doesn't seem to care. he has suddenly become ill and i am just so worried about him now and hope i can get some advice soon or find out if anyone has had the same problem. how long before i can post on the health thread?

spammie

Postby spammie » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:20 pm

Welcome back. It may be a day or two until you can post. Maybe you should call your vet. Hope all goes well.

luvmybuddy2
Newborn Bully

Postby luvmybuddy2 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:33 pm

i took him to the vet saturday morning and he didn't seem too concerned because he didn't have a fever-but i know this baby is sick! he's going back tomorrow and i will demand tests, but i just wanted to try to help him tonight if i could since he feels so bad. the emergency clinic is useless and i don't want to traumatize him by dragging him there and them doing nothing and saying "take him to your vet tomorrow". here are some of the pics from last time i was here. i will get some more recent ones later. he still looks pretty much the same but his head and shoulders are a bit broader and he has put on a bit of weight. he is now 75 pounds and sooooo gorgeous!Image
ImageImageImageImageImage[/url]

tcox
Adolescent Bully

Postby tcox » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:46 pm

So sorry to hear your Buddy is sick! In the early 90s we lost our beloved Dingo to cancer at age 5. His death just about killed us. Our vet was treating for kidney infection when he was first noticably sick, but with no results. As a last resort we had exploratory done to find out what was happening. I'm not sure if there is some type of blood testing and treatments that may help in such cases these days! And I surely pray that it's nothing of the sort with your Buddy! We'll be praying for him as we know how attached we can get to our pup families! :)

Shay59
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shay59 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:08 pm

:welcome: back

Is there anything we can do for you now? Maybe if you tell us what's going on with your baby....

Hey guys, can we keep this bumped so she can regain access soon?

Good luck with your boy.

luvmybuddy2
Newborn Bully

Postby luvmybuddy2 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:56 pm

he is vomiting green and is very uncomfortable and lethargic (compared to being usually very active. i can tell he feels very bad, he won't eat at all and will drink a couple of laps of water every hour or so. if he drinks more than a few laps he throws it up and it is green. i took him to the vet saturday morning (he started to get sick friday evening), and the vet wasn't too concerned because he had no fever and his stomach wasn't tight. he gave me some stuff for nausea but he is not getting better. vomiting less but feeling worse. i asked about an x-ray for blockage but he didn't think it was anything but indigestible bones because of no fever and soft belly. he had a turkey neck before he got sick but so did my other 2 dogs and they are fine. he was not himself before eating it anyway because he wasn't hungry that morning as he usually is. i am worried about pancreatitis or something. i checked his fever & it still shows normal and even his breathing seems normal- but i know my dog and he is very sick. he droops his head and walks slow like he feels terrible. there are clematis vines on the fence but he has never eaten them that i know of, especially since my other dog pees on it all the time. i am taking him back in the morning and having the xray and some blood work. i was wondering if there was something i could do in the meantime to help him be more comfortable through the nite, and if anyone else has had this with their dog. if anyone has had this before please let me know what it was

merriterrier
Addicted to PBF

Postby merriterrier » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:26 pm

Welcome back. I'm sorry Buddy is ill. He is very beautiful though. Good Luck!

luvmybuddy2
Newborn Bully

Postby luvmybuddy2 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:48 pm

thanks, i'm about to call the vet to check on him- he can't seem to figure out the problem so he had to stay the night and run even more tests. i get a knot in my stomach every time i call fearing it might be bad news. it is so lonely here without him. the vet let me stay and visit for a couple of hours yesterday- i am so scared for my baby

luvmybuddy2
Newborn Bully

Postby luvmybuddy2 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:43 pm

just got back from the vet- he let him come home as a trial to see if he would eat. he seems to feel much better since the IV and antibiotics, and went first thing to poop- i got a stick and poked around in it (sounds gross i know) to see if it had any foreign objects - it was a huge wad of grass and there was a very large piece of tennis ball material from his air kong toy. called the vet and he thinks that could have been the problem. if he will eat now, i think he may be OK.

donnannjay
Super Bully

Postby donnannjay » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:02 pm

Welcome! It really is a heart shaped nose! Very cute!

Shay59
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shay59 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:55 pm

luvmybuddy2 wrote:went first thing to poop- i got a stick and poked around in it (sounds gross i know) to see if it had any foreign objects - it was a huge wad of grass and there was a very large piece of tennis ball material from his air kong toy.

Whew! I know you are relieved. We all know how our pits love to eat strange things...they have to be watched all the time, & still they will get ahold of something. It can be really scary, that's for sure. I hope he keeps getting better.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:36 pm

back! I am glad you found the culprit of your pup's illness. I hope he feels better soon!

luvmybuddy2
Newborn Bully

Postby luvmybuddy2 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:53 pm

yaaaay! he ate without throwing up- first food in 4 days. guess the tennis ball piece was the culprit, he is actually playing and wanting to fetch. i'm not letting him have anything else to chew on when i can't be right there to supervise. i bought the expensive "tenacious chewer" dog toys but they are no match for him. only the heavy rubber kong has held up (the one you stuff)- the others just didn't survive. now that he is acting more normal, the giant knot in my stomach is going away so we're both feeling better. i'll get some updated pics of buddy when i am able to post on the other forums, he's a big 75 pounder now but still has those cute wrinkles. thanks to all who were pulling for him to get through this!

Return to “Introductions”