Back but not new.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Nicki
Adolescent Bully

Postby Nicki » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:26 pm

I don't understand the snotty undertones in some of these replies when one introduces ones self and says he has bred his dog. Why are people jumping on this person and sarcastically asking to see scores? Leslie, a regulator, has TACTFULLY mentioned that this board is primarily anti-breeding, and those that have been are usually titled, health tested, etc. Like Leslie, why not just ask someone (especially a new person) NICELY why he chose to breed instead of adopt?

As a newbie myself, I appreciate everyone's passion and dedication to educating as many people as possible on the plight of these wonderful dogs. I just hope we can go about it in a little friendlier manner. :)

greenkozi
Bully Ambassador

Postby greenkozi » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:49 pm

Nicki wrote:I don't understand the snotty undertones in some of these replies when one introduces ones self and says he has bred his dog. Why are people jumping on this person and sarcastically asking to see scores? Leslie, a regulator, has TACTFULLY mentioned that this board is primarily anti-breeding, and those that have been are usually titled, health tested, etc. Like Leslie, why not just ask someone (especially a new person) NICELY why he chose to breed instead of adopt?

As a newbie myself, I appreciate everyone's passion and dedication to educating as many people as possible on the plight of these wonderful dogs. I just hope we can go about it in a little friendlier manner. :)

hmm, i really didn't mean antyhing snotty. i was genuinely wondering. :\ :huh?:

Nicki
Adolescent Bully

Postby Nicki » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:25 pm

[quote]hmm, i really didn't mean antyhing snotty. i was genuinely wondering.

Sorry, greenkozi, I wasn't referring to your post.

Clayton4
Newborn Bully

Postby Clayton4 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:44 am

Didn't scare me off, I go to school full time so I've been busy writing papers and doing presentations. Not enough time to get here everyday.
Like I said, I have taken in a few rescues. But the last one that me and my old roomate took in had to be put down cause he attacked our other pit. That there kind of turned me off a bit. I think people that rescue these dogs are great and helpful. It just has to work into a house hold in a certain way though.
Yes I did mean typical.
I didn't spend as much as one might think on those dogs. I may have my female fixed, as she's getting older and I don't want to see any help problems in her future. I breed her because I wanted too and there was a demand for her pups. She is from two prominent dogs in my area with good backgrounds. I was approached and felt like I wanted to do it. I've also looked into possible opening a kennels rescue service of sorts. ot so much rescue, but secondary home until they can be adopted. This way they wouldn't need to be put down, if they didn't find a home right away. But that is secondary as I think people are skittish to rescues. Not everyone can be as open minded as people that already own this breed of dog.

Clayton4
Newborn Bully

Postby Clayton4 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:46 am

pedrin
Adolescent Bully

Postby pedrin » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:23 pm

well its good to see you are still around.. :thumbsup:

jenn&aala
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jenn&aala » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:50 pm

Clayton4 wrote: But the last one that me and my old roomate took in had to be put down cause he attacked our other pit. That there kind of turned me off a bit. .

There is a very good chance that ANY pit would do the same thing. Many people on this board have 2+ pits that can't be in the same room because they're so dog agressive. It's a trait that has been bred in these dogs for many years. Though you can manage it dog agression is a fact of life with these breeds and you can't necessarily socialize or train it out of them. And from what i understand it's more likely to occur to some degree than to not. Just don't want you to be surprised if/when it happens again with your other dogs.

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:37 pm

Like I said, I have taken in a few rescues. But the last one that me and my old roomate took in had to be put down cause he attacked our other pit. That there kind of turned me off a bit.

You put a Pit Bull down because it got in a fight with another dog? And you somehow think this was because he was a rescue dog?

Clayton4
Newborn Bully

Postby Clayton4 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:37 pm

Did you not read what I wrote!
I got the dog from the pound, it tore my roomates pits throat open. When we took it to the vet we told them that we just got a rescue dog a few days ago and this just happend. They told us to report it or they would. So I went to the pound and explained what had happend. They came and got the dog and then quarentend(sp) him for a few days. I tried to get him back out and have a friend take him. They said no and put him down. Don't come at me like it was something that I wanted to do. Now I do understand the snotty undertones. Not ever rescue can be a success. This isn't the first "pit" I've rescued or the first time I've been around them. Why does everyone her seem like there way is the right and only way to do something. I come here for info on how to make my dogs days better and i feel like I get attitude. Why is this?

pedrin
Adolescent Bully

Postby pedrin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:35 pm

IMO...people here LOVE their pups so when we here of a pup getting put down it always upsets us...we wouldnt want death to be a solution to the problem..but I think my friend kingsgurl didnt read the part about it being out of youre control...I dont think kingsgurl was trying to be "snotty" just protective over the breed...dont take it the wrong way... :thumbsup:

Clayton4
Newborn Bully

Postby Clayton4 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:39 pm

I love these dogs as well. Mine are spoiled pretty good. I've easily blow 100,000 on these dogs. I bought a bigger house in the country with almost 40 acres for them to roam. I try and do what I can. I have a house ful of animals. There's four pitbulls and a cat hiding somewhere.

Siberian
pacifist ...usually

Postby Siberian » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:57 am

Gorgeous dogs!

Clayton4
Newborn Bully

Postby Clayton4 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:05 pm

Thanks, I'm really happy with them.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:24 pm

5k for a puppy!? I'm in the wrong biz...
Welcome to the forum.

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:46 pm

beautiful family!

Return to “Introductions”