Not a Grouch

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Amie

Not a Grouch

Postby Amie » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:26 pm

Hi, I'm Amie from Baltimore MD. The two cats that own me and I also live with a goofy APBT named Oscar.

I'm a knitting/spinning teacher by trade, along with some knitwear design, and also work part-time with autistic children helping them with socialization skills. The teen I work with, when trying to remember my dog's name says to herself "hmmm... I know he's not a grouch!"

And he's not! That's what I love about this breed - I've grown up with dogs, having lived with or owned beagles, cairn terriers, jack russells, rodesian ridgeback, and various mixes. I certainly didn't seek out a pitbull - he found me, running across a busy highway to come drown me in kisses. But the willingness to do anything with such gusto, and all with that amazing humor is what makes me sure my next dog will be a pit (many years down the road, I hope, since I don't plan on becoming a multi-dog family and I want Oscar to stick around another ten years or so - he's 4 now). :thumbsup:

As you could guess by my occupation, my hobbies are knitting and spinning (on a wheel making yarn, not a bike making sweat) and sewing as well. I'm also a new runner, while dealing with a long, slow recovery from illness. Oscar joins me for this, while giving me the great insult of not speeding up when I got from a walk to a run.

That long illness kept me from doing as well by Oscar as I would have liked - he's a wonderful family dog, but while fighting for my life, I didn't have much time to work with him as much as I would have liked. :oops: We're doing basic obedience and working towards our CGC now, and I have a long distance goal of agility, as well as having a running buddy.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:43 pm

welcome, I'm sure you finds lots of good things here

Return to “Introductions”