New to the site...

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
matronmedusa
Newborn Bully

New to the site...

Postby matronmedusa » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:14 am

Hello all, I am a 27 year old tattoo artist in Mobile, Alabama. I have been around pit bulls a very long time, read extensively on them, and I have met great owners and bad owners alike. When my family and I moved here to Alabama, I rescued a little mut I call "Noche". He is a cross between a lab and a bordercollie, I believe. Well, he's been in our family now for about 2 years, but my husband kept insisting on getting a pit bull, as they are his favorite breed. I love them too, don't get me wrong, but I also know how much of a handful they are. I wasn't so sure about introducing a pit bull into the household. My dog, Noche, is the lazy kind that loves to just lay around and get fed. I wasn't so sure I was ready for dynamite on 4 legs, after all, I do have 2 small children, and that's hard enough to keep up with.

Well, One day a good friend of ours (and a reputable pit bull breeder for 18 years) calls me up and asks if I want the last puppy he has from his latest litter. He told me all he wanted for her was some tattoo work. I had been thinking about getting a female friend for my mutt. Not to breed, but just to keep him company when we weren't at home or didn't feel like playing. The little pit puppy was a female, so I agreed, knowing I was making my husband's day. I told him she was HIS responsibility....I had housebroken and trained my Noche, and he was going to the dirty work with the new one. I was a little nervous about a pit growing up with my Noche, he's very laid back and I knew he was in for a suprise.

He didn't like her at first. He would look up at me like, "HOW could you do this to me?" LOL It only took a couple days before he realized she wasn't going anywhere, and now they are best buddies. Hera is what I named the little pit, I figured it a fitting name (mother of the gods) for when she's all filled out. She's actually opened up Noche quite a bit. He never even barked before we got her, now I can't seem to shut him up when we start to play! He, in turn, has really calmed her down. For an 8 month old hard head, she listens very well and is actually very calm. I am very happy with our decision to bring a pit into the house. Her crazy antics are a continual source of entertainment, and she is an excellent companion to my Noche. He has the upper hand for now, but he'll have his paws full when she outweighs him. I don't really forsee any problems, My Noche is very smart, and he will submit if it's in his best interest.

Anyway, I'm sure you're ready to get to the pics, so here goes. Hera's mother was 100% rednose, and her father was 50% rednose and 50% blue, and I think it's that 1/4 Blue in her that gives her coat the muted color.

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:59 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. It is a great online community!

The picts of your two are great!~ They are cuties!

Hera's mother was 100% rednose, and her father was 50% rednose and 50% blue, and I think it's that 1/4 Blue in her that gives her coat the muted color.

Just want to help you out a bit. Red nose and Blue nose are not bloodlines, they are just colors.
Thus saying 100% red nose and things like that are not really telling anything except what color the parents were.

You pup is the color she presents to be because of however the genes happen to line up. So not 25% of one color and so on. There is nothing blue about her appearance. See what I am saying

Her coat doesn't look to have washed out or have muted pigment to me in the picts you posted.

Hope that helps[/b]

kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kristakmj » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:09 am

welcome to the forum there is loads of info on it.

i would agree i see the rednose in her and she is gorgeous :thumbsup:

spammie

Postby spammie » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:41 pm

Welcome. She's a pretty girl!

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:54 pm

Welcome!
Your pit bull looks a lot like mine! Very cute!

FearSheeple
Addicted to PBF

Postby FearSheeple » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:30 pm

i would agree i see the rednose in her and she is gorgeous

Her color is red, so she is a red nose. There's no percentages when it comes to colors... your dog is either one color or another. :)

She is a very beautiful girl, welcome to the forum!

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:35 pm

Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:

Her color is red, so she is a red nose. There's no percentages when it comes to colors... your dog is either one color or another. :)

Yup, that pup is all chocolate to me!

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby crazy4pits » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:36 pm

Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:

Ok I want to add something here. She is an APBT with a red nose. Keep in mind red nose and blue nose are not a type.

Fear I know you know this but the way you have it typed up it sounds like red nose would be a type instead of color.... :thumbsup:

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:43 pm

Here's a few "chocolates"

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:47 pm

Fear_the_Sheeple wrote:

Sorry, what I meant to say is,
she's not red. Yes, it can be either or... but there is more than one color. And just because the parents are certain colors doesn't mean they could carry another gene for another color. That's why you can get a litter with red, brindle, and black, etc.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:02 pm

Welcome to PBT!!

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:08 pm

welcome to you and your family.

Return to “Introductions”