Hello all!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
gato
Newborn Bully

Hello all!

Postby gato » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:22 am

Hi, this is Gato, my Kennel is located in Lima, Peru and I'm a fancier of the breed. I ran dogs from Pat Patrick, Mr. Crabb and F. Boudreaux'. Been with the breed for a few years and I'm only here to participate in a positive manner and help out if so given the chance.

Thanks and God Bless you all,

Gato

ILoveMyPitBulls
Matured Bully

Postby ILoveMyPitBulls » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:45 pm

Boudreaux? Isn't he the man in Louisianna that was arrested for dog fighting?

Is that what you actively do?

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:50 pm

ILoveMyPitBulls wrote:Boudreaux? Isn't he the man in Louisianna that was arrested for dog fighting?

Is that what you actively do?

Yes it is...see :po:

Legendary Dogfighter Detained

LAFAYETTE – The man known nationwide as “the grandfather of dog fighting,” Floyd Boudreaux, was detained Friday morning, and 68 fighting dogs have been taken into custody.

The Louisiana Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and Louisiana State Police spearheaded the investigation of the man known to be breeding, training and fighting pit bull terriers since the 1950s.

Boudreaux is known for the Eli and Boudreaux pit bull bloodlines, which are the foundation bloodlines of most fighting dogs in the nation, said Louisiana SPCA Director Laura Maloney.

“This is a huge step in the fight against animal cruelty,” Maloney said.

Boudreaux could face up to 68 felony counts of owning, breeding and fighting dogs, which could carry a 10-year prison sentence and a fine of up to $25,000. The dogs are being transported to a temporary shelter in an undisclosed location, where they will most likely be euthanized.

Maloney said it was heartbreaking to see the dogs, tethered outside in rows of five, with trenches dug around the circumference of their doghouses. While several dogs were extremely aggressive and others marked with fighting scars, most of the animals were found in healthy condition. Boudreaux, also known in cockfighting circles, had hundreds of gaming roosters on site as well.

The Louisiana SPCA is a private, nonprofit animal welfare organization that is chartered statewide. Although the Louisiana SPCA is located in New Orleans, it was asked to handle the case as the most experienced dog fighting investigation team in the state. The Louisiana SPCA also invited the Humane Society of the United States to assist with the case.

“We are especially grateful to the Louisiana State Police,” Maloney said. “We couldn’t have come this far without their hard work and dedication to the fight against animal cruelty.”

But the big battle may still lie ahead in the Louisiana court system, Maloney said.

ILoveMyPitBulls
Matured Bully

Re: Hello all!

Postby ILoveMyPitBulls » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:10 pm

gato wrote:Hi, this is Gato, my Kennel is located in Lima, Peru and I'm a fancier of the breed. I ran dogs from Pat Patrick, Mr. Crabb and F. Boudreaux'. Been with the breed for a few years and I'm only here to participate in a positive manner and help out if so given the chance.

Participate in a positive manner?
I am interested to know if you condone dog fighting....after all, there is a video that we are currently boycotting that was made in Peru....
:po:

:bully:

chinny
Newborn Bully

Postby chinny » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:14 pm

Thats messed up. I would hate to see anyone fighting this breed. Plain stupid.

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:14 pm

Today is turning out to be a real winner.

ILoveMyPitBulls
Matured Bully

Postby ILoveMyPitBulls » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:26 pm

Deniselynn wrote:Today is turning out to be a real winner.

:))

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:30 pm

ILoveMyPitBulls wrote:
Deniselynn wrote:Today is turning out to be a real winner.

:))

My thoughts exactly...coming out of the woodowrk today... :po:

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:35 pm

ILoveMyPitBulls
Matured Bully

Postby ILoveMyPitBulls » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:40 pm

Deniselynn wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aicYxb0DVDE&feature=related

It's probably a good thing that I cannot view this video at work........

:crybaby: :crybaby:

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:42 pm

Deniselynn wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aicYxb0DVDE&feature=related

WTF is wrong with people?!?!

Siberian
pacifist ...usually

Postby Siberian » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:40 pm

Why are we jumping on the guy and make assumptions? Surely he is not the only person on this forum with gambred lines of dogs.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:02 pm

True, Siberian. I would like the question of whether he is actively involved in fighting dogs.

GSDBulldog
Addicted to PBF

Postby GSDBulldog » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:29 pm

I cannot believe the accusatory replies in this thread. So now everyone who fancies the game-bred dog is actively fighting them?

To the OP- Welcome. :thumbsup: You'll have to forgive some members here for jumping the gun.

gato
Newborn Bully

Re: Hello all!

Postby gato » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:31 pm

ILoveMyPitBulls wrote:
gato wrote:Hi, this is Gato, my Kennel is located in Lima, Peru and I'm a fancier of the breed. I ran dogs from Pat Patrick, Mr. Crabb and F. Boudreaux'. Been with the breed for a few years and I'm only here to participate in a positive manner and help out if so given the chance.

Participate in a positive manner?
I am interested to know if you condone dog fighting....after all, there is a video that we are currently boycotting that was made in Peru....
:po:

:bully:

Wow, what a worm welcome! I see you are also new to this forum. Were you also treated this way when you introduced yourself in this section?

Why so much anger and assumptions? Sounds to me that in your mind I'm already guilty of dog fighting, which is the same mentality and behavior of authorities, who arrest people and charge them with dog fighting for the simple fact that they own a Pitbull and a mill, or a Pitbull and a break stick or Pitbulls on chains. See, all those examples is all Police needs to brand you as a dog fighter without any "real" probable cause or evidence.

See, Mr. or Mrs. ILoveMyPitBulls, you have that same mentality. In your mind and by your comments and questioning, I'm a dog fighter and only because I chose to own "game bred" Pitbulls.

If you own a gun are you a murderer? If you own Grey Hounds do you participate in GH racing? If you own a Lab are you a bird hunter? Etc, etc.

Thanks Siberian for been intelligent enough to not make silly assumptions and for treating me with respect.

Gato

PS: Just in case, I'm an American Citizen who lives abroad.

Return to “Introductions”