Hello all!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Shay59
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shay59 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:05 pm

Throw us a picture or two, keep yourself bumped to the top. Tell us some more about yourself, family & dogs.

love for ba brody
Bully Ambassador

Postby love for ba brody » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:19 pm

gato wrote:Here are a couple of pups. More coming.......

Oh goodness those babies are so cute.
And your two other dogs are gorgeous.

Welcome to the site. :peace:

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:09 am

Welcome to the site! The delay may have more to do with the fact that you are actively breeding dogs. We tend to be very discriminating with breeders here, as there are SO many good (and game bred even) Pit Bulls dying in shelters everyday. Maybe if you expounded a bit more on your breeding enterprise, it might clear things up.

For instance, we know you have great looking dogs (check) who are from good lines (check)

Now-
What health tests do you do? Hips? Heart? Can you tell us what the common health problems associated with this breed are and what you are doing to prevent them (as best you can) from occuring in your pups?

What is your breeding goal? How do you determine pairings? How many litters do you put on the ground each year? How do you screen homes? What happens to pups that are returned?

Welcome! None of those questions are meant in an accusatory tone. A responsible breeder would be HAPPY to tell us about all of those things.

PRBreeder
Newborn Bully

Postby PRBreeder » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:14 am

Don't worry Gato Im still waiting to grant access to the forum.

gato
Newborn Bully

Postby gato » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:22 pm

Kingsgurl wrote:Welcome to the site! The delay may have more to do with the fact that you are actively breeding dogs. We tend to be very discriminating with breeders here, as there are SO many good (and game bred even) Pit Bulls dying in shelters everyday. Maybe if you expounded a bit more on your breeding enterprise, it might clear things up.

For instance, we know you have great looking dogs (check) who are from good lines (check)

Now-
What health tests do you do? Hips? Heart? Can you tell us what the common health problems associated with this breed are and what you are doing to prevent them (as best you can) from occuring in your pups?

What is your breeding goal? How do you determine pairings? How many litters do you put on the ground each year? How do you screen homes? What happens to pups that are returned?

Welcome! None of those questions are meant in an accusatory tone. A responsible breeder would be HAPPY to tell us about all of those things.

Hi,

I don't breed to sell to the public. If and when I breed my dogs, I breed for myself. I don't advertise dogs for sale, I don't have to screen potential new owners cause I don't sell my pups to anyone :)

I have a country home where I keep my dogs. They get lots of exercise, attention, the best feed, vitamins and everything else that is required to maintain a top of the line yard.

My dogs are working dogs, they help me on hunting trips. They are my companions, my friends and a huge part of my life. They get the best of everything.

Why do you discriminate against breeders? I understand you wanting to be careful and wanting responsible breeders out there, but to go as far as discriminate people on the basis of being breeders is not fair.

I understand people discriminating against back yard breeders or breeders who breed for all the wrong reasons, but I believe everyone deserves a chance to be heard and to show that they are responsible and have a plan in mind to better there stock and the breed in general. If they don't prove the above with substantial evidence of the fact, then and only then people can discriminate against them and give them hell, per say.

But hey, we are all entitle to our opinions :)

Gato

PRBreeder
Newborn Bully

Postby PRBreeder » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:34 pm

Why do you discriminate against breeders? I understand you wanting to be careful and wanting responsible breeders out there, but to go as far as discriminate people on the basis of being breeders is not fair.

I understand people discriminating against back yard breeders or breeders who breed for all the wrong reasons, but I believe everyone deserves a chance to be heard and to show that they are responsible and have a plan in mind to better there stock and the breed in general. If they don't prove the above with substantial evidence of the fact, then and only then people can discriminate against them and give them hell, per say.

But hey, we are all entitle to our opinions :)

Gato[/quote]

That is true Gato Im with you 100%

kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kristakmj » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:52 pm

welcome GATO

alot of people type with their emotions first and think last lol

Sook
Newborn Bully

Postby Sook » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:39 pm

Hi and :welcome:... just need to clear up your first statement so everyone knows what u ment by the following statement...

Gato wrote: I ran dogs from Pat Patrick, Mr. Crabb and F. Boudreaux'.

Secondly..

Leslie H wrote:True, Siberian. I would like the question of whether he is actively involved in fighting dogs.

U haven't out-right stated that u dont condone or are not involved in dog-fighting...

I cant make a judgement either way, i dont know u.... I think the way u phrased your intro makes it sound like u had something to do with those fighters..?? Help clear all this us by out-right stating what u do/dont condone..?

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:51 pm

Thanks Sook.
Indeed, that is all I'm waiting for. If that means that you are offended by this intrusion into your personal life, I apologize. As a moderator, my role is to uphold the standards of this board. My personal opinions have nothing to do with it.
At any rate, beautiful pups, I particularly like the red male, and I admire the condition of your adult male. Someone with long experience with the breed is likely to have valuable knowledge. If you're not an active dog fighter, this board could benefit from your presence. If you are, there are many other places that will welcome you.
For what it's worth, my first real apbt was a beautiful Patricks female.

gato
Newborn Bully

Postby gato » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:17 pm

I thought I made that clear already. NO, Im not involved with anything.

Sook;

Those are names of bloodlines and that is all it means.

Gato

Shay59
Bully Ambassador

Postby Shay59 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:44 pm

Gato,

Mind if I ask some questions, purely out of curiousity? I was wondering what type of game there is in Peru to hunt. I would imagine some sort of mountain goat, deer or maybe wild boar.

Since you're from America, you know that sometimes hunters use pits to hunt boar. I think we have some boar hunters here on PBF. Here in VA, dogs are used for game such as deer & bear. In my area, bear aren't hunted with dogs & hounds are used for the deer. I'd like to hear some of your experiences there with hunting. Do you maybe lead guided hunts?

Are there other responsible owners like you where you live? I ask because where I live, I'm the only person on PBF. I'm from the very southern edge on the state while there are lots of members living in the northern part of VA. Sometimes I feel so very alone. Is it like that for you?

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:43 am

If no one asks questions, how would one discern if someone was one of the thousands of people breeding for all the wrong reasons or one of the VERY few doing it right?

gato
Newborn Bully

Postby gato » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:16 am

Kingsgurl wrote: We tend to be very discriminating with breeders here, as there are SO many good (and game bred even) Pit Bulls dying in shelters everyday.

This is what you wrote and you didn't specify how or why you discriminate breeders. You just flat out said you discriminate breeders, period.

But again, you have the right to think or question which ever way you like and I have the right to respond or not respond to a question I find offensive. Just like most of the questions I been bombarded with since I introduced myself to the board.

To tell you the truth, I'm being drilled here with very offensive questions, suppositions, remarks and flat out accusations. I haven't done anything to deserve this treatment. I have also been very patient and have responded to every single "question" I been presented with and people continue to ask for more and more and more.

This is it for me. I thank the people who have show me respect and understanding. I wish you the very best in life and with your animals. To those that have not, I wish you luck as well. Be true to your animals and they will be true to you.

God Bless you all.

Gato

PS: Moderators please delete all my posts/pictures, as well as my account.

Sook
Newborn Bully

Postby Sook » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:42 am

Im sorry to hear that gato... Will be a loss to not have someone with the knowledge u do..

please dont judge all by the actions of a few...

Peace be with you..

BabyBlue
Newborn Bully

Postby BabyBlue » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:40 am

We just lost a good member of this forum i think... Its hard to really tell what this guy was doing on his propery with those beutiful dogs, but i think "we" should have taken his word for it, and left it at that. Why was he never granted access? I know it can take up to a few days, but he was here a while, and it seems like most moderators knew he was here, so why not grant him access? Maybe there is more to granting access then just a click of a button, i dunno...

Return to “Introductions”