i realized on my first intro, I didn't talk about my dogs

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Catelin
Newborn Bully

i realized on my first intro, I didn't talk about my dogs

Postby Catelin » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:51 am

hello again,
I realized on my first intro I didnt really even talk about my great dogs, which is why I want to join this forum. So here is a quick bio about them, Knollie first and foremost (since she thinks shes the pack leader) is my awsome but very stubborn pit bull/red heeler mix. She is 11 years old next month, and still faster than all the other dogs. We got knollie when she was 8 years old, and she was a handful, no children, no cats, no dogs, she did not like them. But over the years these other creatures became an ok thing for her, in controlled situations of course, long story short, She has come a very long way. She lives with two other dogs now, lived with a cat this last year (my old roomates cat) I caught the two cuddling a couple times :) . Great with children as long as I am engaged in the meeting, (which are the only times) I think she feels safe cause I won't let a child hurt her and I won't let knollie hurt a child. Now has a lot of doggie friends and is doing better with new meet and greets. Apparently before we had her, she didn't have any socialization, and kids teased her pretty severely through the backyard fence. So i understood her fears, but she is learning she does not need to act on these fears. Her people will protect her.

Ash our big boy came into the picture a couple years ago, He was a roomates dog, the roomate had gotten him from the local humane society when he was 11 months old, and apparently had already gone through 5 homes! He is a Dane/boxer or a dane/pit we are not sure, either way it doesn't matter. Knollie and Ash bonded so amazingly!! They both progressed so much with eachother. So the roomate let us keep him.

And now our latest addition Lucy a colby pit bull. She and her litter mates were in a box in the rain at 5-6 weeks old. A friend of mine had rescued them and ask my boyfriend and I to foster her, She was the "problem child" showing alot of agression for being so young. We worked with her till we saw fit that she is adoptable to an educated person about the breed and dominant dogs. She was up for adoption till a couple weeks ago. I had a few people interested, but they really didn't have enough experience or time for a "big personality" dog. And once again ash and Knollie bonded amazingly with lucy. Especially knollie. She treats her like she is her own pup. So i guess there is no other choice. We all have bonded and she fits in well. Lucy is now 6 months old and is doing well.

I guess that was not a quick bio about them. sorry
Catelin

littleCloClo
Bully Ambassador

Postby littleCloClo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:20 am

Welcome! I would looove to see photos of your dogs!

benny*kaya*sadie
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby benny*kaya*sadie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:24 pm

Welcome!

twindc23
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby twindc23 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:35 pm

:welcome: again! :thumbsup:

Return to “Introductions”