Hello from WISCONSIN!!!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
LadyGwenever
Newborn Bully

Hello from WISCONSIN!!!

Postby LadyGwenever » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:51 pm

Hi, My name is Merissa and.... I'm form Wisconsin, ha ha, IT'S COLD HERE RIGHT NOW. Let me tell you how I got into the breed... About 4yrs ago a friend of mine and my boyfriend's asked us if we would take a dog for him. At first I said NO, we already had 2 dogs. My friend then explained the situation. Apparently he had a friend that had a 1yr old MALE APBT that he was NOT taking care of. At first I was like "NO PIT BULL!!!" BUT, then I came home from work and my boyfriend had "brought him over" for me too "look at".

His name was KING(I hated that name)

He was pretty skinny when we got him, and apparently he had been kept in a cage at DAYS at a time... We took him in, with intentions that we would "FIND" him a new home, due too the fact that we already had 2 dogs. We had ALL of his shots done, and had him Neutered. Also we paid for all his Vet bills due too the fact that whoever did his ears did NOT do them right, which led to CHRONIC ear infections. Well it turned out it is really HARD to find a home for a pittie. So we ended up keeping him for quite awhile. AND it turned out he loved our dogs.

AND it appears that PLAYING with too ROTTIES really makes a pittie put on the weight.

We really wanted to find him a GOOD home. We had him in a local APBT rescue, we ran adds in the paper, we asked around, BUT never did we have anyone worthy of this wonderful dog. The kinds of people that would show interest were NOT the kind of people you would "give" a dog too if you know what I mean. I believe to this day it was because of the way he looked. He was a stunning dog, a BREED EXAMPLE. BUT with this came the interest of dog fighters and local gangbangers. Which saddly is COMMON in this area. The so called "appeal" of the PIT BULL is not good in this area. There is a RUMORED LARGE underground dog fighting ring in this area. So sadly we were unable to find him a home.... SO I decided to KEEP him. Well after awhile we were renting a home in the area and we were doing just fine, when our LANDLORD decided that she was NOT OK with a PIT BULL in her house. I explained that he was a GREAT dog and that we were keeping him till we found him a good home. She was fine for a awhile, then after a few months or so she said that we EITHER had to get rid of the dog or LEAVE. We choose to leave. Well it was very hard too find a home with a APBT in this area... VERY HARD.... So I knew someone down at that HUMANE SOCIETY downtown, and I explained what was going on. She ASSURED me that they could take KING and find him a good home. At this point I had had king for almost 2yrs, so I was VERY nervous about giving him up, BUT we were really between a rock and a hard place. I had really come too love this dog. I wanted him to go to a nice family. So I talked with my boyfriend about it, and heartbreakingly we took him too the shelter. My friend assured us that we would be able to visit and see him, and that she WOULD MAKE SURE HE GOT A GOOD home. I went back to the shelter to go check on him and give him some treats, I really felt HORRIBLE about this but I did'nt know what to do, and I asked about him when I was there due too the fact that I couldn't find him anywhere. The Lady that was the "manager" said "We TESTED him, and we had to put him down due to the fact that he was DOG AGGRESSIVE."......... I was crushed. It was THE NEXT DAY. I really think that they didn't even give him a chance. They took one look at him and said "EARS CROPPED, PIT BULL, YUP." I was really upset, as was my boyfirend. DOG AGGRESSIVE??? That dog was rolling in my backyard 2 days before hand, and my FEMALE rottie was beating him up. It was really hard, sometime went by, and me and my boyfriend seperated. I kept the female rottie and a male MinPin that I got after the whole KING thing(another rescue). Recently a friend from work told me about a FRIEND who had puppies, so I went to go look at them. THIS TIME though I called the Landlord and explained that I was THINKING of getting a BUDDY for SASSY(female rott), due to the fact that I seperated her from Sysko(male rott, boyfriend took). I told him I was interested in a Pittie. He was HAPPY!!!!! He is a real DOG lover. I almost cried, I wish I had my KINGSLY now.... So I went to go LOOK at these puppies. And I saw MARLEY:

*she really does love him.... they were playing...*

So NOW it is my Rottie Sassy, MinPin Dexter, and PitBull/mix Marley. I have no idea what he is mixed with. the father was a PURE breed APBT, mother was a mutt, some kind of collie or shepard maybe. I don't care he was cute. LOL. So we are starting over, and Marley and I are going to OBEDIENCE school next month. I aim too make him A PERFECT EXAMPLE of the breed. I want people to be like " WOW thats a pit bull?"

On another note... I DO HAVE OTHER HOBBIES!!!!! :)) .... I'm into reptiles, and fish also. I have a NICE Malawi tank going right now. I like ANIME, music(anything), movies, and OH YEAH ANIMALS!!! If you want to know more just PM me. Also I have MANY more pictures of my dogs if anyone wants too see.. HE he i love dog pictures.

jojo22
Newborn Bully

Postby jojo22 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:59 pm

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

*leenie*
Addicted to PBF

Postby *leenie* » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:02 pm

Welcome!
Great Intro
Im so sorry to hear about King, that is terrible. You new puppy is adorable though! And so it your rotti

vegas
Newborn Bully

Postby vegas » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:46 pm

welcome to the site.. i would have gone to jail if they did that to my dog i couldnt keep. just 2 days later or whatever.. i would have been beating someones ass into the ground and then kept going..
thats some fing BS..
good looking pup u got there now.. but still... $#%#$^^$

FreeRideJunkie
Bully Ambassador

Postby FreeRideJunkie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:41 pm

Welcome. Very sad to hear about King but it sounds like he had a better life with you, however short it may have been, than with his previous owner. Your new puppy is a looker as well. :thumbsup:

Catelin
Newborn Bully

Postby Catelin » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:46 pm

Welcome,
That is so sad about king!! Poor guy. It sounds like he was happy for a while though. Congrats on your new baby, Beutiful dogs

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:32 am

:welcome:

IamNicki
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby IamNicki » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:43 am

You have a beautiful fur family :inlove:

Welcome to PBF!

LadyGwenever
Newborn Bully

Postby LadyGwenever » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:43 am

Thanx everyone. I will post more pictures of him today. He was a really gorgeous dog. Here are some Marley Pictures:

jesse
Adolescent Bully

Postby jesse » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:45 am

:welcome:
gorgous dogs
Dig the 2nd pic. lol

cecollins
Forum Junky

Postby cecollins » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:46 am

:crybaby: about King. I am so sorry.
But congrats on youir new baby. Your family is beautiful.

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:15 am

Sorry about King -- that's quite harsh. Welcome to the forum -- I've found it quite useful, though increasingly time-consuming. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.

danacook
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby danacook » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:16 am

Welcome ! That is just awful about King ! Those "People" gave you assurances that he would be okay and then did that , just horrible ! Your dogs are lovely and you are going to like it here .

LadyGwenever
Newborn Bully

Postby LadyGwenever » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:26 am

Here are pictures of MY other dogs. LOL.

Dexter the MONSTER!!!

SASSY my rottie. She is VERY photogenic.

AND here are some random pictures of ALL the dogs(plus some of KING):

sheeeeeesh. Well there is a WHOLE bunch a pictures for you guys. Thanx again for the feedback. I appreciate it alot. Merissa

LadyGwenever
Newborn Bully

Postby LadyGwenever » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:28 am

The other Rottie in all of the pictures is SYSKO, he went with my ex boyfriend. He was a great dog.

Return to “Introductions”