Newbie Here :) New APBT pup! pix too

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
gLoBaL mInD
Newborn Bully

Newbie Here :) New APBT pup! pix too

Postby gLoBaL mInD » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:18 pm

Hey everyone..
My name is Joey and I'm very excited to learn from all you knowledgeable Pit owners. I have owned dogs my whole entire life, so for the most part I'm not new to puppies or dogs in the slightest, but I am new to the Pit Bull breed. My brother oldest brother owns a pit and one of my best friends owns a pit. Both very different from each other in the way they are built, look and behave. Even considering the fact that I'm a giant dog lover and owner, even I myself was naive to what wonderful animals this breed is. Even though I might have believed at one point that the Pit Bull can be a meaner dog then the rest, it didn't stop the fact that I was extremely interested in them and always thought of owning one. Well I'm glad I was interested because quickly I learned a lot about them! I started thinking about purchasing one, but I was patient because I had it in my heart what I exactly wanted. The past few years I have taken my daughter into a puppy store (I know.. I know) but.. I never would buy a puppy there. I'm always nervous with buying puppies from these kinda places. My daughter (5 yrs old) and I treated this place more like a puppy zoo. We'd only go in there when we had nothing to do just to look around. I'm sure everyone is guilty of that. The owner of this place owned a APBT and for me he was one of the most beautiful Pits I have ever seen in my life. I always said.. "The day I get a Pit is the day I find one like him!" 8) Well instead of making this story much longer. I already had two dogs at home, an English Mastiff and a Rottwieller. Just about a few months back my English Mastiff passed away. :frown:
He was a marvelous animal. Enormous as well! He weighed 237lbs and probably the tallest E.M. I have ever seen! He stood taller then any Great Dane I have ever been around. Anyways, he was an awesome dog. He died at the age of 6 and as most of you know probably already they're life span isn't that long due to their immense size.
After some time I visited the puppy place with my daughter and there was definitely a big commotion going on. I didn't know why til I heard people talking how Erwin (My Favorite Pit) had helped create some pups a long with a female Pit named Ms. Jackson! :thumbsup: Long story short I bought me a pup! Born on October 28th 2007 I would like to introduce to you Zuko. My little boy!

Zuko's first day home.

Zuko - A Week Later at 11wks & 4 days.

Yes, I'm sorry, but we decided to crop his flops. This is right after the surgery. So while the ears look a little freshly cut and Zuko here is now 2 weeks older I will be happy to tell you that he never whimpered once. He was actually so happy and played the very moment I brought him home from the cropping procedure. It was a house decision.

Here is Zuko a few weeks older then the pix above and about 4 days after the crop. Weighing roughly 30lbs.

Zuko March 3rd at 18wks old weighing exactly 40lbs these are my most recent pix.

And.. just for fun.. here is a picture of Zuko's dad Erwin taken with my camera phone.. whom I don't think this picture does him justice unless you seen him in person.. what a handsome boy this guy is, his built is amazing! I use to be very intimidated by this dog until I found out how gentle and loving he was.

Well I hope everyone enjoy my pix! Pleasure being here and looking forward to getting to know everyone!..
Thanx 8)

benny*kaya*sadie
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby benny*kaya*sadie » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:25 pm

ooo my!!! i love him :inlove: my sadie needs a boyfriend...shes only a few weeks older than him but much smaller. he is so beautiful!!! Welcome! your daughter is also a cutie.

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:28 pm

Welcome to PBF! You'll learn a lot about our wonderful breed here for sure!

sueb
Addicted to PBF

Postby sueb » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:35 pm

:welcome: This is a great site. You'll learn a lot here.

I'm surprised that you thought a pit bull might be "meaner" than other dogs. Surely, with a Mastiff and a Rottie you've had to deal with your fair share of prejudices.

He's adorable, by the way. :inlove:

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:35 pm

Welcome! I like the name Zuko. He's a big boy, weighs almost as much right now as my full grown male

twindc23
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby twindc23 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:23 pm

:welcome: to PBF!
He is a beauty! Cant wait to see more pics in the near future.
:thumbsup:

gLoBaL mInD
Newborn Bully

Postby gLoBaL mInD » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Wow.. I have to say.. I'm on a couple different forums for different interest.. and you guys are incredible nice.. right up my alley!! :)

Can anyone guess where the name Zuko comes from?..
I'll give hints if no one can.. :thumbsup:

Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome..

This is a great site. You'll learn a lot here.

I'm surprised that you thought a pit bull might be "meaner" than other dogs. Surely, with a Mastiff and a Rottie you've had to deal with your fair share of prejudices.

He's adorable, by the way.

Yeah slightly I did.. but I had a feeling I needed to look into it .. and look where it got me! 8) oh and.. geezzz do I have stories about my Rotti and Mastiff!! Thanks again!

twindc23
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby twindc23 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:51 pm

Zuko (or Prince Zuko) is a fictional character on the Nickelodeon animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender

right? i googled it

Do i get the puppy now?

:thumbsup:

Gingers mommie
Newborn Bully

Postby Gingers mommie » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Zuko sure is a nice lookin pup! very handsome.. love the name also..The first thing that pops in mind Danny Zuko from Greese??
Did I win the puppy :crybaby: ??? Oh yes *welcome*

NEWYORKNORA
Matured Bully

Postby NEWYORKNORA » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:09 pm

Welcome to the forum! Your doggie is beautiful!!!!

gootza
Super Bully

Postby gootza » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:18 pm

WOW!! what a gorgeousss little pup!! he is so adorable!! and his father... :inlove: :inlove: one of the most beautiful pit bulls i have ever seen...

spammie

Postby spammie » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:47 pm

Welcome to pbf. Glad you can join us.

name removed
Newborn Bully

Postby name removed » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:14 pm

Welcome bro and u have a beautiful dog there

IamNicki
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby IamNicki » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:02 pm

He's so handsome! :inlove:

Welcome!

ashleyq1
Newborn Bully

Postby ashleyq1 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:10 pm

He's a very handsome looking dog. Welcome! :)

Return to “Introductions”