new to forums 2 awesome dogs

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
twindc23
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby twindc23 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:34 pm

:welcome: to PBF!
Great looking pack you got there.
:thumbsup:

spammie

Postby spammie » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:53 pm

Hi and welcome to pbf. There's tons of solid info on the breed here.

GodMadeDirt
Newborn Bully

Postby GodMadeDirt » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:11 pm

texascrewed wrote:What are some better foods?

Raw (prey model) - IMHO

GodMadeDirt
Newborn Bully

Postby GodMadeDirt » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:04 pm

I buy a lot of whole chickens, quarter them, and usually eat the breast while my dog gets the rest. It's almost free as whole chickens are usually less than boneless skinless chicken breast. This helps me eat healthier as well - instead of a hot pocket I eat chicken.

Of course with the raw prey model variety is important so you'll have to find ethnic meat shops for your ofal and hard to find meat. Think Chinese or Latin neighborhoods. You'll be amazed at what you find - chicken feet, various livers, pancreas, necks, backs, HEADS!!!!, tounge. It's actually quite fun shopping for and finding stuff that your dog has never tried before.

I usually pretty good at keeping most meat to $.75 to $1.00/lb. Though you'll go outside that range frequently with your Lamb and Salmon etc.

http://rawfed.com/

kristakmj
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby kristakmj » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:25 pm

welcome to the forum

i would suggest though before you feed RAW alone do your research first . also if you want to shop at wal mart for food they have a maxximum kind in a blue bag for puppys . you get 25 pounds for 13 bucks it isnt the best food but its the best big chain food IMO . otherwise there is a food thread sticky in health that has everyones opinon on kibble food and what is best . just read what there is and make the best choice based on what you feel will work for your pack , not every dog does the same on every kind of food

ashleynzues
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby ashleynzues » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:05 pm

Very awesome looking dogs!!! Welcome to the forum!!

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:32 pm

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:56 am

Welcome to the boards!

GodMadeDirt
Newborn Bully

Postby GodMadeDirt » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:29 pm

texascrewed wrote:until i can post in other threads, I have a question regarding making my own dog food. How essential are bones? I was talking to my uncle and he said he feeds his dogs blended chicken, beef, eggs(with shell) carrots and green beans. He says he doesnt use alot of bone because it clogs the blender easier. He makes a mix twice a week. Like i said as a college student im not going to search around for chicken necks and ox tails but would something similar to what my uncle does be nutritionally acceptable?

Nutritional - yes, though they can't break down the veggies. With the blend you miss out on the act of ripping and tearing that is beneficial to your dog, plus it's making it more difficult. How hard is putting a whole turkey (raw) on the ground and letting your dog get busy with it for 15 minutes, put the rest in the fridge for tomorrow?

P.S you're not gonna have much time after college either lol lol

Bighead Ranch
Adolescent Bully

Postby Bighead Ranch » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:09 pm

welcome aboard :thumbsup:

chewbecca
Addicted to PBF

Postby chewbecca » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:56 am

wait, wait, wait! WELCOME!!!

Hi. Please do more research on raw feeding before you jump into it. :))
There are different types of raw diets and different philosophies.
I couldn't feed whole chickens right now if I wanted to. I do not have a fenced in yard and I will not just plop a whole raw chicken down on the floor in my house and let Ella have a go at it.

Once you get access and can read on nutrition for your dog (to get several view points and a ton of education), I personally would not just feed a raw diet. Balance is what works with a raw diet. What your dog does best on is what works even better.

Again, Welcome to PBF! :thumbsup:

benny*kaya*sadie
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby benny*kaya*sadie » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:47 am

Welcome!!! beautiful dogs...i do something of a mix i guess...my dogs get their regular food which i use Nutro Maximum nutrition and once or twice a week they get chicken/rice/gravy and some fruits with breakfast...not grapes never grapes i have heard they are really bad for dogs!

BabyReba

Postby BabyReba » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:41 pm

:modwelcomeonly1:

Return to “Introductions”