Newbie from MI

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
FG167
Adolescent Bully

Newbie from MI

Postby FG167 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:19 am

Hello everyone! I am 22 and live with my boyfriend, who is 26 and my brother who is 20. We have a large house and a decent-sized yard. I've wanted to get a bully-breed dog for several years now but wanted to research which breeds would fit the best. I really like the APBT because of their size, the wide varitey of activities they excel at participating in and their general appearance. My BF and I started to discuss adopting a pit bull about a year ago and decided to wait and research some more. We talked to several rescues and also a friend of ours who adopted a pit, he's on this forum too (he actually directed me here) along with doing general research about the breed. I also had some experience with my brother's ex's dog (was that confusing??), who was a pit mix.

We adopted Kya a week ago. She's had some hard times but we're helping her to work through it. I believe that she was punished unfairly, and I also think it was by a woman. She's very sweet and loves to cuddle. She's 10 months old and is going in to the vet tomorrow to get all of her vaccines, get spayed and get microchipped. She's short and extremely muscular and is a blue fawn. I have two labs that she absolutely adores and she's picked up a lot from watching them. I don't think she had much access to affection or toys before so it's really fun to see her slowly come around (and I do mean slowly). I am into agility, weight pull, rally and dock jumping with my two labs and I'm really hoping that once she opens up she will have an apptitude for any or all of these events as I really enjoy them! I would also really like to get involved with a rescue on promoting knowledge of the breed.

I'm currently working and attending college and will be graduating in one year with a Clinical Laboratory Sciences bachelors. I have four gold fish (Rock, Blue, Flish and Flash), one bottom feeder (Hank) and a southern flying squirrel (Meeko). I'm a member of a huge labrador retriever forum and also a dock jumping forum. I participate in 3 dog classes a week with my boys and am looking forward to even more this summer (hopefully with Kya as well). I love popcorn and ice cream. In the winter I love to go to movies and hang out where it's warm (inside) and in the summer I love to go swimming, tubing, canoeing, hiking, camping etc. I have two blogs but they're not really related to Kya yet. I have one just about me and one about my two labs.

Here are some photos of Kya:

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:20 am

Welcome, she's pretty!

janedoeismissing
Addicted to PBF

Postby janedoeismissing » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:21 am

Good intro! :peace:

Congrats on your new addition, shes beautiful!! :inlove: Seems like she'll have a great life now!

twindc23
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby twindc23 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:25 am

:welcome: to PBF!

Shes beautiful!!

:thumbsup:

benny*kaya*sadie
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby benny*kaya*sadie » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:09 am

Welcome thanks for adopting she is very pretty!!!

bellabear
Forum Junky

Postby bellabear » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:02 am

Ohh, Kya is absolutely adorable :inlove: :inlove: She looks so kissable. Welcome to the forum. I am fairly new also, and have found myself addicted to this place, especially the gallery where I drool over all the adorable pups.

cecollins
Forum Junky

Postby cecollins » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:46 am

WOW, Kya is just gorgeous! She is lucky to have you.
Welcome and we love pics of your entire fur family. (and non fur as well)

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Welcome!

Kya is beautiful :inlove:

Julie

mroman
Super Bully

Postby mroman » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:01 pm

Welcome from another Michigander. There are a lot of us here.

Mark

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:37 pm

beautfiul dog, and beautiful pictures!

:welcome:

FG167
Adolescent Bully

Postby FG167 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:47 pm

cecollins wrote:WOW, Kya is just gorgeous! She is lucky to have you.
Welcome and we love pics of your entire fur family. (and non fur as well)

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments!!! I can't wait until I can post on the other sections because I have questions. In the meantime, here are some of my other "kids" :)

Midas:

Mason:

Meeko:

The Fishes:

I forgot to mention that I used to foster for a German Shorthair Rescue too.

spammie

Postby spammie » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Hi and welcome to pbf. Kya is a beauty. I recommend reading this thread. The key to intergrating a new dog into your home (esp with other dogs) is to go slowly. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We all learn from each other here.
http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=81654

FG167
Adolescent Bully

Postby FG167 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:11 pm

I read that today and that's actually what I had a question about. We've had her for a week already and I hadn't read that yet. We've been keeping her leashed to us though. Should I switch to putting her in the kennel except when we go outside? Or did I already screw up too much? Also, I've been keeping her on a 5' lead but she refuses to go to the bathroom outside with it on. I've spent 30 minutes out there. She just ends up going in her kennel. She will however go to the bathroom on a longer lead (like 15' or 20'). Suggestions for that? I really appreciate everything already! She's such a sweetheart, I just want to do what's best for her. Oh, she's going to the vet tomorrow for her vaccinations and spay so obviously I'm going to have to bring her out for that.

FG167
Adolescent Bully

Postby FG167 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:13 pm

I wanted to add that when we're outside and she's on the leash she's watching me continuously doesn't ever really loosen up enough to go to the bathroom. She barely sniffs the ground.

mcgirau
Matured Bully

Postby mcgirau » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:07 pm

kya is beautiful and thats a great looking pack!!

Return to “Introductions”