Intro from Michigan

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
zephyr
Newborn Bully

Intro from Michigan

Postby zephyr » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:55 pm

Hello everyone....

My name is Stephanie, I'm 27 from Mid-Michigan. Myself and my fiance are currently owned by 10 dogs - 8 permanent residents and 2 fosters. I'm fostering for 2 great rescues, Mid-Michigan Boxer Rescue and Chicagoland Bully Rescue. I also co-run a reptile and exotic small animal rescue, which I've been involved with for 12 years.

So, on to what everyone probably wants to see, the doggie crew....

My oldest, Duncan - 14 years old, collie/english setter mix, 45#. Adopted as a puppy from an aquaintance with an accidental litter. Pretty happy and healthy for his age. :)

Hannah - approx. 6 years old, weim mix, 50#. Adopted when she was 2 from the local animal control on Christmas Eve - was due to be put down on Christmas, and we just couldn't let that happen!

Ralph - approx. 5 years old, border collie/ aussie shep mix, 55#. Adopted from rescue. Started losing his eyesight about 2 years ago, now almost completely blind.

Hank - approx. 3 years old, pittie, 50#. Adopted from a crappy group that called themselves a rescue. Was originally a chain dog in Detroit, was lucky enough to be pulled out before Detroit AC got to him and relegated him to pit row. He's a total pain in the butt, but I love him to death :inlove:

Rupert - approx. 4 years old, pit/dane/boxer mix, approx 80#. Shelter pull.

Peggy - approx 3 years old, staffie, 45#. Shelter pull. Totally HBIC and she knows it :)

Rusty - approx. 4 years old, pittie mix, 55#. Another shelter pull.

Stuart - approx. 3 years old, bull terrier, 50#. Pulled out of a shelter just ahead of being sold to a class b dealer for research.

And the 2 fosters....

Booker - 1.5 years, olde english bulldogge, 85#. Super sweet boy, but dumb as a box of rocks lol

Benson - the newest addition to the household, just brought him home 2 days ago. approx. 6 years old, pittie, 60#. Was a shelter pull. Sweet, needy boy with some health problems. Vet's best guess is that he was at one point hit-by-car and suffered a broken pelvis that went untreated. Is underweight and wobbly in the hind end with hock and knee problems due to the hip/pelvic weakness. Will find out this week if surgical correction is an option. Also has some skin issues from being in the shelter so long.

spammie

Postby spammie » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi and welcome Stephanie. What a crew you have :thumbsup:

zephyr
Newborn Bully

Postby zephyr » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:19 pm

Class B dealers are individuals that are licensed by the USDA to purchase cats and dogs from "random sources" - typically meaning pounds, animal controls, fleamarkets, or auctions - to be sold to animal research facilities for biomedical research and testing. As disgusting as the practice is, some shelters sell to these dealers instead of humanely euthanizing unadopted animals, and some will even sell as soon as an animals stray hold is up, not ever allowing them the opportunity for adoption.

benny*kaya*sadie
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby benny*kaya*sadie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:19 am

WOW ten dogs!!! They are all beautiful!!! and thank you for saving/fostering them!!! Welcome to the forum!

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:13 am

Welcome...what an awesome pack you lead! WOW! :inlove:

b square
Adolescent Bully

Postby b square » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:42 am

What a great looking and happy pack. Good for you. I only have 2 but have turned into a professional pooper scooper. I can only imagine roflmao

brad4399
Newborn Bully

Postby brad4399 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:22 am

welcome to the forum they all look like great dogs p.s. i love that bull terrier

janedoeismissing
Addicted to PBF

Postby janedoeismissing » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:24 am

zephyr wrote:Class B dealers are individuals that are licensed by the USDA to purchase cats and dogs from "random sources" - typically meaning pounds, animal controls, fleamarkets, or auctions - to be sold to animal research facilities for biomedical research and testing. As disgusting as the practice is, some shelters sell to these dealers instead of humanely euthanizing unadopted animals, and some will even sell as soon as an animals stray hold is up, not ever allowing them the opportunity for adoption.

Thats horrible!!! Thank you for helping all the animals you help.

Welcome to PBF youre doing a great deed!

docdeath
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby docdeath » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:11 am

:welcome: always good to see another from Michigan.... :peace:

cecollins
Forum Junky

Postby cecollins » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:35 am

Welcome, your pack is beautiful.
Can I have Peggy? She is too adorable and Sully would love her!!!

zephyr
Newborn Bully

Postby zephyr » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:24 am

Everybody always wants my Peggy! She's our trainers fav too. I can't possibly imagine why :))

cecollins
Forum Junky

Postby cecollins » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:16 am

zephyr wrote:Everybody always wants my Peggy! She's our trainers fav too. I can't possibly imagine why :))

Stop it with the cutie patootie pics. You are torturing me! :inlove:

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:25 pm

Welcome! You got your hands full :) They are all beautiful, but I am loving Hank :inlove: :inlove:

Julie

4pitsake
Newborn Bully

Postby 4pitsake » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:47 pm

Yep you're "SUPERWOMEN" :cheerleader:

twindc23
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby twindc23 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:06 pm

:welcome: to PBF!
You are def a hero in my eyes. Great job to you and your fiance for giving all your doggies a second chance in life.

:thumbsup:

Return to “Introductions”