Hi We're New!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
bobbeleh
Newborn Bully

Hi We're New!

Postby bobbeleh » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:16 pm

Hi. I'm Bobbe and my pitbull mix is Sara. We were referred to this forum by Pittbuddy :peace: and the dog, Maria, who is at the Berkely shelter.

Sara and I live in Oakland, and are hopefully in the process of adopting the above-mentioned dog. Sara is my first bully breed, although I've had Akitas in the past. Hoping to make lots of new friends here.

Bobbe (and Sara)

benny*kaya*sadie
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby benny*kaya*sadie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:20 am

welcome!

spammie

Postby spammie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:43 am

Welcome to pbf. :)

iluvmypithannah
Bully Ambassador

Postby iluvmypithannah » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:02 am

Welcome to the pack!

janedoeismissing
Addicted to PBF

Postby janedoeismissing » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:26 am

:welcome:

docdeath
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby docdeath » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:13 am

:hi :thumbsup:

cecollins
Forum Junky

Postby cecollins » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:34 am

Welcome, you will love it here!

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:51 am

:welcome: to PBF! Thank you for rescuing/adopting!

bobbeleh
Newborn Bully

Thanks for the welcomes!

Postby bobbeleh » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:58 pm

Wow! Thanks for the welcomes! We already love it here. Did y'all check out my photos? Sara and I are going to the Berkeley shelter again today to have another long walk with Maria. She and Sara are really getting along well, walking shoulder-to-shoulder and rooting around in the same grass patches and such! This is leading up to a weekend visit this coming weekend and ultimately (we hope) adoption.

I'm planning on taking a camera with me today and will try and get some good photos of Maria to post here. She's such a pretty girl.

Sara and I have been visiting for walks for just over a week now. It's given the two girls an opportunity to interact with each other, and gives the shelter staff and volunteers an opportunity to see how I handle the dogs.

I've never felt that apartment living should be a deterent to dog ownership. When I moved into this apartment 15 years ago, I had two beautiful (and large) Akitas. The neighborhood just loved us and all the birds have nests lned with "Akita feathers" as the little girl down the block used to call their coats when it was coat-blowing time. Besides, now that they no longer have a pool here, we have a large yard.

Oakland and Berkeley have excellent dog parks, but the best thing is that my job allows me to telecommute all the time!!!

My experience in the past has been to spend as much time as possible with a potential adoptee... In the past week, it has not only given Maria a chance to make me a part of her world, but also has given me an opportunity to study her body language. What have I learned? I've learned that when Maria wants to chew on her Kong, she will go in the big crate to do so... that will be her "Kong area" (a definite positive) and will minimize the chances that she and Sara will get into it.

Can you tell we're excited? Well, I am, anyway.

Well, that's it for now. Gotta feed the kid, and get ready to go meet the day and see our new potential dog!

XOXOXO,
Bobbe and Sara

twindc23
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby twindc23 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:11 pm

:welcome: to PBF!
cant wait to see some pics your your doggie!

:thumbsup:

bobbeleh
Newborn Bully

Postby bobbeleh » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:24 pm

If you haven't already, do check out my two other posts yesterday -- loads of photos of Sara. Just search for the "bobbeleh" posts in the Introduction section.

:)

Bobbe

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:08 pm

:welcome:

Sara is very pretty! :inlove:

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:18 pm

Welcome

Return to “Introductions”