Hi from NC!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
RescueAPBT
Matured Bully

Hi from NC!

Postby RescueAPBT » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:48 am

Hi everybody! My name is Rachel. I'm 21, and the owner of an 11 month old, newly rescued APBT named Isabeau. I rescued Isabeau after she was abandoned by her previous owner...

The person had left town, and just left her and her male companion in the back yard of the house he rented. She was in heat when I went to get her, and had been seen mating with her yard buddy. She was being given away (by the landord, who had managed to contact the owner, who admitted he didn't want the dogs anymore.) to the first person to show up at the property with a collar and leash.

What started out as a rescue, turned into my new best friend. Isabeau spent her first week at my house...lost. Turns out, she WAS a fence jumper...despite what I was told. She cleared my 6 ft. privacy fence, and was missing for 6 days. I thought all hope was lost...I placed flyers, drove around, ads in newspapers, daily trips to the shelter. Finally, I got a call from a little old lady, only a mile and a half away, that she was laying out in her backyard. I don't think I have ever driven so quickly. Isabeau just layed their smiling as I walked up the driveway.

After having such an emotional week looking for her, I just knew it was going to be hard to let her go. I made her an appointment to get spayed/vaccinated/*MICROCHIPPED* (turns out, she was pregnant). I decided it was time to try to find her a home.

Unfortunately, Isabeau was an escape artist with seperation anxiety. She could not only jump any fence, she can get out of a wire crate. She can't escape an airline crate, but she will scream and holler and soak herself in drool. The only thing that makes being crated not so stressful on her...is being in the room with another dog. Sooooo, of course I made it clear that she needed to be in a home with either another dog, or someone who is at home most of the time. And she MUST be leash walked at all times, and never left unattended outside. Weeeeeeell...the people who were interested, worked long hours, had no other dogs, had cats who weren't used to dogs, didn't believe in crate-training, couldn't afford the $100 adoption fee, or simply refused to fill out an adoption application. Unlike most of the dogs I've rescued and rehomed, Isabeau was turning out to be a little more difficult to place.

In the meantime, everyone in my house seemed to love Izzy. She is soooo laid back and calm. My parents Chihuahuas didn't even bark at her! She's one of the only big dogs that has ever been immediately accepted into the pack by the other dogs (2 Chi's, 1 Toy Poodle, and a Westie). My parents were falling for her sweet demeanor. Before I knew it, we all realized...we didn't want Isabeau to leave.

Sooooo, Isabeau has found a permanent, loving home. She's doing great in the house, and actually doesn't seem to even like being outside now, haha. Her favorite thing to do is sleep on my bed (see pics below).

Sorry this introduction has been SO long! I guess I should also add a little bit more about me. I'm a former vet assistant and dog groomer (4 years worth). I attempted to break into the 'people world'...with cosmetology, but it just wasn't for me. I'm currently unemployed, trying to figure out what I want to be when I 'grow up', haha. I'm leaning towards going into dog training/rehabilitating. I've done a lot of rescue work on my own over the years, and I've previously worked with a non-profit rescue too. I have rescued/owned other Pit Bulls in the past, and they're my main breed I tend to wind up rescuing. I swear, nothing can compare to bully smiles and kisses!

spammie

Postby spammie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:57 am

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:23 am

Welcome and I loved your intro.

Your pup is too cute!

b square
Adolescent Bully

Postby b square » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:24 am

Welcome fellow Tarheel :peace:

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:33 am

Congratulations, you have a gorgeous dog, and I'm sure she appreciates her new loving home. I love the white bullies with black spots, they tug at my heart strings :) It looks like she got a touch of your cosmotology class.... but she put a little too much black liner around the one eye :)

RescueAPBT
Matured Bully

Postby RescueAPBT » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:06 pm

Thanks for the welcoming everybody! And yes, it does look like she just went a tad bit overboard on the eyeliner, haha. The little old lady who found her, said something was wrong with her eye...looked bruised, LOL. I tried to explain to her that it was just her coloring, but she insisted that it was injured! lol I too have a special place in my heart for white/black spotted dogs, this is my second one...first was a rescued harlequin Great Dane. Gotta love the spots! :))

snoopsnoop
Forum Junky

Postby snoopsnoop » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:11 pm

:welcome: :hi

SPOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

I heart b/w spotty dogs. I have one myself.

So glad she ended up with you!

Salgonza
Matured Bully

Postby Salgonza » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:14 pm

See looks so pretty.

cecollins
Forum Junky

Postby cecollins » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:30 pm

OH, she is so pretty :inlove: !!! ANd I also have a weak heart for white and spotted dogs. I am glad she has found a permanent home with you!

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:58 pm

spammie

Postby spammie » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:29 pm

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:01 pm

Welcome!
She's a cutie!!

sueb
Addicted to PBF

Postby sueb » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:10 pm

Welcome to the forum!!!

She's a cutie!

twindc23
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby twindc23 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:00 pm

cute doggie. she looks like she got a shiner!

=)

gootza
Super Bully

Postby gootza » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:20 pm

haha she is very cute! and welcome!! :thumbsup:

Return to “Introductions”