Hello from Baltimore

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Otis
Addicted to PBF

Hello from Baltimore

Postby Otis » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:36 am

A month ago I was in Atlanta on spring break. I'd been talking non stop about getting a dog with everyone I knew, specifically a pit bull. I was sitting on the porch of an acquaintance's house this little black and white pit bull with one ear wandered over, butt wiggling non-stop and crawled onto my lap. I was in love and complimented her owner on such a great dog. The owner looked me in the eye and said, "do you want her?" The words yes flew out of my mouth faster the a bullet, and Ashes made the 12 hour trip with me home to Maryland. She is the best thing that has happened to me in as long as I can remember. One of the reasons her PO didn't want her was because she had frequent accidents in the house. In the month and a week I've had her she's gone inside only twice, and that was only in other people's houses! I know now that pit bulls will be my breed for the rest of my life. She's absolutely amazing. We spend nearly 24 hours a day together (she's gonna freak when I finally get a job). I look forward to a place where I can finally gloat about my little girl!

This is my baby girl Ashes

spammie

Postby spammie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:47 pm

Ashes is a beautiful girl!

NEWYORKNORA
Matured Bully

Postby NEWYORKNORA » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:31 pm

what a cute doggie.. welcome to the forum!

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:20 pm

Ashes is such a purty girl! :))

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Welcome, could you tell us a little more about yourself? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.

Patch O' Pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby Patch O' Pits » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:49 pm

Oh my, she is adorable! Welcome to the forum!

GreenEyedBully
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby GreenEyedBully » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:04 pm

Hi & Welcome to the PBF! Ashes is Beautiful :inlove: I LUV the Doggie Door Pic. Adorable!

Otis
Addicted to PBF

Postby Otis » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:10 am

Sorry about not saying much about myself. I accidentally posted twice as well.

I'm 19 years old and live outside of Baltimore. I've been into pit bulls for a very long time. I always thought they were beautiful dogs, and I've always rooted for the "under dog" so to speak. I've owned a lot of strange pets that others have found unappealing. Rats, large lizards, cockroaches, scorpions, even a few cows. My love of the strange was never about shock value, but more proving that these misunderstood animals are loving and wonderful. My rats are intelligent, my cockroaches learned my hands and trusted me, my cows proved to be wonderful smart beings, and my pit bull has proved to be a well mannered, wonderful citizen. I love the contrast of taking her from the city to the suburbs. In the city, everyone knows she's a pit bull. The responses differ greatly. No one reacts negatively. Some ask if I have puppies, and I say as politely as I can, no, never, look on craiglist or the animal shelter. Others say I got a beautiful dog that could tare someones flesh off. Some beg me to let them pet her. Its a wonderful experience, and no matter what I know my girl is one more bully out there to change minds. In the suburbs, most people don't know what a pit bull looks like. They only know the name. They look at her curiously, thinking maybe, she approaches them politely with a wagging tail, then they ask her breed. I tell them and they become weary, but quickly realize she is nothing but a baby doll. Its great feeling as though my dog is helpful in this city, where a ban on pit bulls is likely, after all Baltimore (bodymore murderland) isn't exactly looked over for its crime rate. Anyway! Went off on the dog again! I'm an animal lover through and through, I'm a vegan and I go out of my way to help any animal, no matter how small. I'm into old Volkswagens, fixed gear bicyles, freight trains, graffiti, and a lot of other strange sub cultures. I geuss you could say I am a strange subculture magnet. I look forward to meeting other bully lovers, after all, we are all pretty strange breeds :)

Codys_mum
Newborn Bully

Postby Codys_mum » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:34 am

welcome to you and Ashes, she looks sweeeet!

I had pet rats for a few years, in fact I bought 2 from the pet store (bad move I know) and by the next day I had two litters totaling 27 rats!!! I spent the next 3 months finding good home for them all...nightmare, Great pets though and way more kid friendly than hamsters.

Glad you and Ashes found each other!

haranka
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby haranka » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:29 pm

What a cute girl! Good luck.

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:58 pm

I'm sure you'll find members here who share your interest in unusual pets, as well as the apbt.

Return to “Introductions”