New to forums in general - Looking to learn the Pit Bull

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

New to forums in general - Looking to learn the Pit Bull

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:29 am

Hi, Thanks for having me. I am following the 1 - 8 instruction from Lindsay.

1. My name is Amy, I am a 40 year mother in Northern, CA. I am fascinated by Pit Bulls for many reasons. I do not own any Pit Bulls nor have I ever. I am here to learn and accomplish one major goal. This goal is to overcome my anxiety with the breed. I am smart enough to know that the breed is incredible and in general I am asking to pet PB's when approached by an owner. However, I am the first to admit that my anxiety level is high. I have a 12 year old Great Pyr and have been a dog lover my whole life. My occupation other than mom is in the Pet industry, meaning I am passionate about animals.

2. My history with the breed started with my occupation as a chew toy inventor/manufacturer. Clearly if I was going to have success with my patent pending design I needed to address the serious chewing dog, meaning the Pit Bull. It has been a challenge to address the power of the determined Pit Bull.

3. As idiscussed in #1, I am fascinated by the Pit Bull Breed. My goal is to learn more, become more comfortable and at some point roll around the yard and play with many Pit Bulls as I do with most breeds. I know that sounds silly but that is part of the joy in my Life.

4. My own dog is not a Pit Bull at all but a Great Pyrenees. Max is 12 and is my second Great Pry. Max has been an incredible family member and is with me most of the day.

5. I am interested in all aspects of the Pit Bull breed. What I can help bring to the table is technical knowledge thus far with chew toys. I donate to PBRC and hope to become more involved with the Pit Bull community.

6. I love tennis, golf, Tahoe, SF Giants, Buffalo Bills, playing cards, a good bottle of wine, and the list goes on.

7 - 8. Working on understanding how to accomplish the pictures and the blog

According to Lindsay's instruction I accomplished the most important thing and tha was to have fun. I hope this wasn't too boring and please forgive any spelling errors.

Thanks,

Amy :)

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

I will later to see if anyone wants to chat - thanks

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:00 am

Thanks again for having me - I guess I will go looking around the site. I will try to figure out the picture situation.

jesse
Adolescent Bully

Postby jesse » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:43 am

Hello and welcome to the forum :))

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:51 am

Thanks Jess.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:57 am

Welcome to the forum!
I need some tough toys!

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:04 am

Thanks msvette2u,

I hope to learn all about the needs of the breed. I assume tough toys is one of them. I guess I know that it is one one of them. I am new to this and I see you are experienced. Please let me know if I am out of bounds in any way. My goal is to form relationships and have fun. Talking about what I do is hard to avoid as I am passionate about it and enjoy it.

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:07 am

Well I have been here a while but learn something every day :)
Also remember that APBTs are not the only ones who need tough toys, we have a GSD who destroys other non destructible toys and our Dachshund's one of the worst for destroying them as well! lol

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:16 am

Sounds like a great group you have there. I am sure they keep you busy. Do you feed them all at the same time and with the same food? Just curoius. Yea, there are a ton of chewers out there. We love them all.

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:25 am

wow, I just looked a A Paw Up! Thank you so much for what you do and what you are doing. That logo of the hand and the paw is just great. That says it all to me. Great job. Thanks again for making it happen.

APBT<3er
Forum Junky

Postby APBT<3er » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:27 am

Welcome!
You've definately come to the right place to learn, there are a lot of experienced owners here that can offer you great advice :) and I can't wait to see pics of Max, my neighbor has a Great Pyrenese X Chow chow, hes quite the dog!

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:32 am

Thanks Canada,

I am very excited about this site. I am perplexed why I hadn't thought to look for something like this before. I know this might be a dumb question, but do you put any type of footwear on your dog in winter? Are Pit Bulls made for winter?

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:52 pm

Thank again for having me. I will be back soon.

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:24 pm

Welcome!

My brother has a great pyr-the only breed he will own. We love pics here :)

Julie

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:33 pm

Julie,

Thanks. I would love to hear why GP is the only breed he would own. I love pics as they can easily make my day when sent. i will get on it. Max is a cover child and can be seen in different places on the web.

Is there an instruction on how to upload a pic?

Thanks,

Amy

jenn&aala
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby jenn&aala » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Here's a link to the sticky on how to post pictures...
Welcome!!

Return to “Introductions”