complaints

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
KadillacGrrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby KadillacGrrl » Fri May 02, 2008 10:03 am

This immature battle doesn't belong on this forum, just my opinion of course.

redsand
Matured Bully

Postby redsand » Fri May 02, 2008 10:04 am

I agree on that! :frown:

Nokturna
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Nokturna » Fri May 02, 2008 10:21 am

*sigh* I honestly actually agree as well. I didn't even want to bring this argument here. Especially not in Introductions. Hopefully a mod can just lock this thread and as for the other one eh it's done anyways. I said what I needed to say and now the rest is pointless.

redsand
Matured Bully

Postby redsand » Fri May 02, 2008 10:28 am

I can understand both parts but let´s just wait and see what happens. I don´t think disrespecting each other would fix anything. And you, Nokturna, nice step, very nice of you to admit that this is not a good way to fix things. :peace: :thumbsup:

IDLJ
Newborn Bully

complaint

Postby IDLJ » Fri May 02, 2008 12:43 pm

I have been made to look like a irresponsible dog owner and breeder, although are local SPCA will call me to house a unwanted pitty that does not show aggresion in any form(human or animal) and I am more than willing as I have 40 stall kennel, but nobody asked that, it was so much easier to trash me. It seems this person just has a hate on for me and my kennel and my over whelming love and care for this breed. I was warned prior to selling this pup about who I was selling it to and I guess I should have listened. Sorry for all this trouble and I hope that this forum continues to bring pitbull lovers together. I agree that they're is alot of unwanted pits, but you also can't expect young families with little children to take in unwanted pits. So where do these people go to get a pup. All I ask is what does make a responsible breeder ? Health testing ? Obedience classes ? competing in sanctioned events (weight pull, etc.)?

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Re: complaint

Postby crazy4pits » Fri May 02, 2008 2:43 pm

IDLJ wrote:All I ask is what does make a responsible breeder ? Health testing ? Obedience classes ? competing in sanctioned events (weight pull, etc.)?

Yes all the above. They are proven dogs worthy of being bred. Having PR registered dogs is nothing special. That just means there are so many generations in your dogs bloodline is registered with the UKC.

Responsible breeders are not breeding for head size. And don't call their dogs freaks of nature.

savethepitbulls67890
Addicted to PBF

Postby savethepitbulls67890 » Fri May 02, 2008 3:11 pm

crazy4pits wrote:Responsible breeders are not breeding for head size. And don't call their dogs freaks of nature.

AND they breed in accordance with the breed standard!

Nokturna
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Nokturna » Fri May 02, 2008 4:10 pm

IDLJ wrote: It seems this person just has a hate on for me and my kennel and my over whelming love and care for this breed. I was warned prior to selling this pup about who I was selling it to and I guess I should have listened.

Ok.. just has hate on you and your kennel? All I did first of all was ask if you were health testing before you breeding when I found out you have a kennel now. Instead.. you got super defensive and starting cursing at me and calling me childish names. Hence I started informing you about what a byb is and how you make yourself to seem that way. Second who would you even know that knew me enough to "warn" you about selling me a puppy? That's just hilarious. I never heard about you in my life until I saw your add for puppies for sale, plus this wouldn't have been the first dog I owned and trained on my own so obviously you're lying or got your source's information mixed. If they know me enough to say such things, then they would know my last name and where I live, guess what very few people know that information about me.
Plus if you cared that much you would have been more involved in the screening and also follow up of the puppies. You would also find out that I devoted countless dollars and time on Prince, took him to obedience class got him neutered, shots every year check ups any time something seemed off, I was and am nothing BUT a loving and caring owner for him, most people that have seen me post pictures/stories of him probably know that here. Don't you dare try to insult me and my ownership skills telling me you were "warned" about me, I'm probably a better owner than the average person... and just like you tried to accuse me of not being able to afford a landline cuz I choose to only use cell phones, get some facts instead of posting lies, trying so hard to make me look bad. I didn't make you look bad I simply posted your words, your actions, I didn't twist anything around, what can you say about what I said that wasn't actual events of things that happened or things you said? Show me, please. You made yourself look bad by doing what you're doing, now please if you wan't to discuss this with me so be it, but leave the forum and Roxy (the only person you know (well.. sort of know) that knows me) out of it.
She told me that you called her and pretended like everything was all cool between us just to get my phone number so you could harass me. Some responsible mature breeder you are.

L Boogie
Bully Ambassador

Postby L Boogie » Fri May 02, 2008 6:36 pm

Here is a good breakdown of ethical breeders vs. backyard breeders.

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=567

Kingsgurl
Addicted to PBF

Postby Kingsgurl » Fri May 02, 2008 11:29 pm

Sorry for all this trouble and I hope that this forum continues to bring pitbull lovers together. I agree that they're is alot of unwanted pits, but you also can't expect young families with little children to take in unwanted pits. So where do these people go to get a pup. All I ask is what does make a responsible breeder ? Health testing ? Obedience classes ? competing in sanctioned events (weight pull, etc.)?

This is what I was speaking about when I said I hoped you stuck around and learned.

I don't expect many to WANT to take in 'unwanted' pits when there are tons of people happily peddling puppies to the uninformed. The difference between the pups they are selling and all those 'unwanted' ones is usually 9 months to a year, but that's a whole 'nother argument.

Responsible breeders health test, that's a yes. They compete in something sanctioned and put some titles on their dogs (dogs make a pedigree, pedigrees don't make a dog....in other words, just because a dog has a great ped or a ped with names everyone recognizes does not make it a great dog or one worthy of being bred)
Responsible breeders put the breed ahead of themselves, meaning they breed CAREFULLY, with a goal in mind with each pairing to improve on the dogs before it. (which rules out breeding for 'genetic freaks')
They also breed sparingly, quality over quantity and have solid homes lined up well before

Doing it the right way is expensive, most people don't give a crap about the ramifications for the breed, that cuts into their profit.

bahamutt99
Addicted to PBF

Postby bahamutt99 » Sun May 04, 2008 11:32 pm

A reputable breeder breeds to the standard of their breed, every part of it. They do not specialize in something that's out of standard, or try to put their own special spin on things. They understand that the standard was written based on a working dog, with no exaggerations necessary.

Subliminal
Adolescent Bully

Postby Subliminal » Mon May 05, 2008 8:43 am

I think what the OP meant is well illustrated in my case.

We have a small breed dog and a cat. We wanted a larger breed dog, and tried to rescue one. With everything we looked at, it wouldn't work out with one or the other of our current pets. We ended up getting a puppy because we could raise it in a household with the other pets, and our chances of having a harmonious family are greatly increased.

One really loving dog we looked at was named China, and she was an American Bulldog, with papers and all that jazz. She was such a loving mush. We ended up trying her with our current dog and she was just entirely too scary to try again. The cat would have been alright with her, though.

We ended up finding out more about the dog thru the grapevine. She had been in an altercation and possibly killed 2 small breed dogs in her last household.

Anyway, point being, you get baggage with rescue dogs. Its just the way it goes. Some people are equipt to deal with that type of scenario, like if they don't have kids or other dogs. And some people are lucky to find dogs that will fit right in. But sometimes, puppies are the only way to go.

Anyway, is there a reason for all this angst? Are the dogs you got from this person inadequate in some way?

Return to “Introductions”