New member introduction

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
skylarsgran
Newborn Bully

New member introduction

Postby skylarsgran » Sat May 03, 2008 11:18 pm

Hi
I am Skylars Grandma. I am 49, married and have 4 grown boys and a gentle 13 year old greyhound/lab mix.I live in lower Michigan. Skylar is 11 months old and belongs to my 21 year old son who bought her on impulse from a breeder in Ohio. She lives with me for now because my son signed a year lease at a place that does not allow pitbulls. He misses her terribly and visits as often as he can.

I was ignorant of what a fabulous breed this is. I believed all the stereotypes. I was a collie person. I never thought I would ever love this dog so much!

When Skylar came to us she was just 6 weeks old.She was a fat, growling little anke biter. When I would correct her and say no she would bite and snarl out of control. It was scary to see such a young dog act so fierce.My son took a session with a trainer and she taught him how to properly correct her and things got better.

I will be so sad when my son takes her back, I am very attached to her. Since I have had her I have gotten her all her shots, spayed and put her on heart worm meds. I work with her every day on obedience training. I need help with her aggresion towards other dogs and will detail that problem if I am accepted by this fourm. Thank you

janedoeismissing
Addicted to PBF

Postby janedoeismissing » Sat May 03, 2008 11:39 pm

Welcome to PBF!
Any pics you'd like to share?

julie64
Addicted to PBF

Postby julie64 » Sun May 04, 2008 5:52 am

Welcome!

I'm so glad Skylar has such a awesome grandma. Looking forward to seeing pics.

Where in lower Michigan are you?

Julie

skylarsgran
Newborn Bully

Thank youfor the welcome!

Postby skylarsgran » Sun May 04, 2008 6:41 am

We are located in North Oakland County. I have some cute pictures of Skylar but I haven't figured out how to post them yet. I read the sticky but I don't have my pictures in a photo bucket thingy.I I have a problem thatI need help with do I post here or in the behavior area?

redsand
Matured Bully

Postby redsand » Sun May 04, 2008 9:08 am

Welcome!!!!

You have to post here before you get access to the other forums. You can upload your pics at www.photobucket.com and then follow what´s said on the sticky. :thumbsup:

spammie

Postby spammie » Sun May 04, 2008 9:33 am

sarallyn
Bully Ambassador

Postby sarallyn » Sun May 04, 2008 1:17 pm

Image.

skylarsgran
Newborn Bully

Picture link

Postby skylarsgran » Sun May 04, 2008 6:04 pm

i am not very good with transferring pictures but here is a link with a few pictures of Skylar 6 weeks to present. Hope you enjoy them

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk223/tanajacks/[/img]

skylarsgran
Newborn Bully

sorry that didn't work!!!

Postby skylarsgran » Sun May 04, 2008 6:08 pm

ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby ShadowWolf » Sun May 04, 2008 10:01 pm

Welcome to the group! I'm in northern Oakland County too. She's absolutely darling!

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Sun May 04, 2008 11:15 pm

twindc23
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby twindc23 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:11 am

:peace:

skylarsgran
Newborn Bully

Thank you for the welcome!

Postby skylarsgran » Mon May 05, 2008 8:50 pm

Thank you everyone. I am learning a lot of new things about my grandpup that I need to know. I am having a real problem with her wanting to seriously hurt my old dog Buddy. She attacked him the other day when he was under foot and almost tripped me.I yelped then he yelped because I stepped on his foot and she flew into him. She got a hold of his ear and just would not let go. we were all yelling and screaming and pulling at her to let go but she wouldn't. Finally somehow my husband pried her mouth off of him.His ear is swollen and sore but no blood. Then this morning I was at my desk and Buddy was lying on the floor.Skylar came bounding in leaped over Buddy and he growled. She didn't seem to care, I turned around in my chair pointed at Buddy and whent ahah to him and she flew at him. I was able to stay calm, no one was home, I pulled her away before she got a good grip. I was so scared I cried and was shaking for the next 30 minutes as was Buddy. This is not a fair way for him to spend his old age! At this point I have decided to keep them totally seperate. I cannot trust her to not be crated or near Buddy un supervised. I work full time, no one is home during the day. Iwant to find a good trainer for advice but I don't know what to say or how to find one. I want to keep Skylar but I am afraid the rest of my family is going to start hating her for what she is doing to Buddy.Iknow she is being what she is but I wish that she wouldn't hurt Buddy. [/img]

skylarsgran
Newborn Bully

bump

Postby skylarsgran » Mon May 05, 2008 9:18 pm

Any advice?

ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby ShadowWolf » Mon May 05, 2008 9:51 pm

I PM'd you, hon. :)

Return to “Introductions”