Newbie here again - How trivial can it get?

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
Kahlie
Forum Junky

Postby Kahlie » Tue May 20, 2008 7:11 am

Critisizing, well that's one form of hello I guess :)

We like to get to know our new members, though it's a public forum, it's also a relatively tight knit community.
Though public, it's not really comparable to a bar that you walk into, grab a beer, and leave whenever.
Think of it more like walking into a community picnic.

So I'm sure we'd be very pleased to hear about you, where you're from, whether you have any animals, etc.

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Re: Newbie here again - How trivial can it get?

Postby The Teflon Don » Tue May 20, 2008 7:19 am

boutym wrote:Ok, so I have to be 'evaluated' based on an acceptable introduction before I post? Give me a break. Sounds like this is a forum based more on wanting to know who's who in the zoo than one truely interested in discussing issues surround the breed. I have questions and things to contribute, but do I need to write a 'proper' intro to be allowed to post? How about I just make something up? Who's gonna know? If it fits the guidelines of 'proper' I'll be allowed to post no matter how false the statements? How utterly silly we are becoming.

:bowdown:

:banned: :locked:

What amazes me is that you think so poorly of the forum, and the spent your precious time spouting off at the mouth, talking down on it....interesting to say the least.

:banned: :locked:

MJay
Newborn Bully

Postby MJay » Tue May 20, 2008 7:21 am

Welcome to the site. And good luck getting approved. Ive been waiting for well over 2 weeks now and my patience is growing thin. I did have a few questions about my puppy but have since had them answered on a different site.

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Tue May 20, 2008 7:36 am

boutym wrote:I found another forum and registered and posted in less time than it would take to write my flowery into. Good day and good luck. I have better things to do.

Have a good one lol

dentat2
Newborn Bully

Postby dentat2 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:57 am

Ive been waiting almost a week. But now I understand why. It weeds out the impatient knuckleheads. Good Deal!!! :peace:

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Tue May 20, 2008 9:01 am

dentat2 wrote:Ive been waiting almost a week. But now I understand why. It weeds out the impatient knuckleheads. Good Deal!!! :peace:

You got it! lol

The Teflon Don
Addicted to PBF

Postby The Teflon Don » Tue May 20, 2008 9:45 am

boutym wrote:Y'all must have a lot of time on your hands, but if people are waiting as long as some of you it means only that whoever is running this show doesn't have much regard for it's membership. Why do I need to hang around a board such as this when there are many other boards available that get the job done?

Lemmings, one and all...

roflmao

burn504
Newborn Bully

Postby burn504 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:13 pm

i was approved in a matter of a few days. I think 2. Go look at my introduction maybe you will notice a difference. Post some pics. Tell about yourself and your dog. How hard is that?

Glad to be a part of this community. Ive seen the other boards as well.

Belle*a*rina
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Belle*a*rina » Tue May 20, 2008 2:39 pm

I was really impressed with the time it took to be granted access. I heard quite often that it takes a few days or weeks to get approved and I was approved in LESS than 10 MINUTES!! Woo-Hoo! However, my intro was quite lengthy and I think I did a little 'too much' introducing of myself and the dogs but it paid off.

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Tue May 20, 2008 2:52 pm

Why do I need to hang around a board such as this when there are many other boards available that get the job done?

Take a look at some other forums, stay there for a while, and then maybe the time waiting to be approved here won't look wasted.

The mods here have lives, jobs, families and dogs to care for, like most of us.They can't probably sit in front of the computer all day long, to make sure that your almighty self does not wait too long.There are hundreds of threads to read in the meanwhile, some that might even have the answers you are looking for.

savethepitbulls67890
Addicted to PBF

Postby savethepitbulls67890 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:18 pm

dentat2 wrote:Ive been waiting almost a week. But now I understand why. It weeds out the impatient knuckleheads. Good Deal!!! :peace:

:goodpost:

MJay
Newborn Bully

Postby MJay » Tue May 20, 2008 3:19 pm

^^^^^^They had time to approve members that have been here less than a day but not the ones here nearly 3 weeks. I guess Ill just be a reader here and leave my questions and opinions for another site.

You also need to remember that the members here also have lives and some of their questions cant wait weeks and the dogs you so truely love may unknowingly be mistreated because of it.

I check in at least 3-4 times a day, just to see if I was approved. It doesnt take long to scroll through the member intros and approve people. It takes less than a minute to approve someone. It conveys the message that the admin has no respect for its new members time.

I better stop before I go off on a rant.

KeliRie
Newborn Bully

Postby KeliRie » Tue May 20, 2008 3:25 pm

I was just approved today after posting... probably four days ago or something like that. Sometimes it takes a bump to your post for it to be noticed. There are tons of intros here after all and I had a hard time finding my own to bump it! ;) I'm sure that the mods here doing all they can to get people approved in a timely manner.

burn504
Newborn Bully

Postby burn504 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:28 pm

MJay wrote:^^^^^^They had time to approve members that have been here less than a day but not the ones here nearly 3 weeks. I guess Ill just be a reader here and leave my questions and opinions for another site.

You also need to remember that the members here also have lives and some of their questions cant wait weeks and the dogs you so truely love may unknowingly be mistreated because of it.

I check in at least 3-4 times a day, just to see if I was approved. It doesnt take long to scroll through the member intros and approve people. It takes less than a minute to approve someone. It conveys the message that the admin has no respect for its new members time.

I better stop before I go off on a rant.

i believe your case is much different than the original poster of this thread.

I think you were just an oversight and hopefully given access asap.

take a look at the original posters introduction. It is obviously a different scenario than yours.

http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.p ... t=#1238682

savethepitbulls67890
Addicted to PBF

Postby savethepitbulls67890 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:29 pm

[quote="MJay"][/quote]

Did you remember to bump your intro to make sure the mods could see it?

You've just got to be patient! Believe me, this forum is worth the wait. I have learned so much here, and although I've tried out a good 5 other dog forums, I always come back to this one. The mods are busy, and are doing the best they can to approve people on time.

A dog owner shouldn't be relying solely on an internet forum to keep a dog from being 'unknowingly mistreated'. Any responsible dog owner has other resources for any potential issues, and is already well educated enough to keep a dog from being unintentionally 'mistreated', IMO.

No offense meant, I'm just saying... :)

Return to “Introductions”