New Guy

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
andymac85
Newborn Bully

New Guy

Postby andymac85 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:38 am

Proud owner of a 1.5yr old white/fawn red-nose. He's getting all checked out in about 20min, by the vet, then I'm getting him registered today (if I have time, if not, tomorrow)! His name is Corona (his previous owner, old roommate chose the name).

I'll get some pics up as soon as I can post in the other forums.

spammie

Postby spammie » Tue May 20, 2008 9:15 am

Hi. Can you tell us more about you and your dog? Pics are welcome.

redsand
Matured Bully

Postby redsand » Tue May 20, 2008 9:36 am

:)

andymac85
Newborn Bully

Postby andymac85 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:49 pm

just got back from the vet. he's 64lbs (lighter than I thought), in excellent health. he LOVES to run and play w/our other dog rugby (pit, lab, beagle mix)... he's a little scared of water, but our trip up north this weekend will hopefully change that (there's a nice sandbar I want to take him to). he's vicious, he will lick your face right off of your skull! we have both of our dogs on Innova EVO, and they like it very much, did the pumpkin and yogurt thing to get them off of their previous (cheap) food.

not sure what else to say, at the moment...

uid0
Newborn Bully

Postby uid0 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:53 pm

Another Michigander! Welcome! :peace:

uid0
Newborn Bully

Postby uid0 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:54 pm

BTW, your dog has awesome eyes!

andymac85
Newborn Bully

Postby andymac85 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:56 pm

oh, and as you can see he has a butt nose...the vet commented on it today, which, for some reason, made me laugh.

Gypsy
Bully Ambassador

Postby Gypsy » Tue May 20, 2008 2:17 pm

andymac85 wrote:oh, and as you can see he has a butt nose...the vet commented on it today, which, for some reason, made me laugh.
roflmao that's pretty funny now that you brought it to attention, its shaped perfectly like a butt, he's definitely a stunner :inlove:
WELCOME

Acerboi
Newborn Bully

Postby Acerboi » Tue May 20, 2008 4:40 pm

hilarious intro- Welcome aboard!!

Dozer
Addicted to PBF

Postby Dozer » Tue May 20, 2008 4:51 pm

your camera has good clarity. good lookin pooch. :thumbsup:

andymac85
Newborn Bully

Postby andymac85 » Tue May 20, 2008 6:22 pm

Dozer wrote:your camera has good clarity. good lookin pooch. :thumbsup:

thanks, I'm a photo major, so I need to have good equipment. this dude is going to burn up all of my lens money!

Dozer
Addicted to PBF

Postby Dozer » Tue May 20, 2008 6:33 pm

andymac85 wrote:
Dozer wrote:your camera has good clarity. good lookin pooch. :thumbsup:

thanks, I'm a photo major, so I need to have good equipment. this dude is going to burn up all of my lens money!

ohhh well that makes sense. whats a good digital camera for the money? i dont want something super expensive, but something that will take clear photos, and isnt fragile. any ideas? like under 250 bucks.

yorkshire_lass
Newborn Bully

Postby yorkshire_lass » Tue May 20, 2008 6:34 pm

Hi and welcome. :thumbsup:
your boy is very handsome,love his face...so cute.

[url]Image[/url]

Leslie H

Postby Leslie H » Tue May 20, 2008 8:51 pm

Welcome, could you tell us a little more about yourself? There's a sample intro sticky in this forum.

andymac85
Newborn Bully

Postby andymac85 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:47 pm

not a problem...

I'm 22, will be 23 in August, male, from Southeast Michigan, downriver more specifically (down the river from Detroit, essentially). I attend school at College for Creative Studies, in Detroit, in the fall and winter (Junior this coming semester), work with my roommate, remodeling apartments, and act as groundskeepers (his family owns apartments and properties, scattered throughout Southeast Michigan). I like sports in general, play basketball with my friends couple times a week or so.

This is the first pitbull I can remember in real life, that is, not TV or movies. I always saw pictures of them just being clowns (hats, glasses, etc.), I love how they smile when they pant. An old roommate got our first dog, Rugby from the back of a van (Puppy Sale), he saw that they were pit mixes, so he picked one up, only to later dump (for lack of a better word) him onto my current roommate because he didn't look as much like a pit as he wanted (stupid reason if you ask me). He got Corona sometime a little before winter in 2006, I remember the first time I saw him, he was SO cute! Image I was pissed about the conditions in which he was kept, though, in a make-shift pen, part of a closet, where he would defecate and some milk crates to form the other boundaries. The kid didn't really know what he was doing...I'm happy he (the dog) turned out the way he did, though. After meeting this little tyke, I started doing research on the breed, where I learned about the mostly negative press about them (even though in some or many cases, it was not a pitbull at all!). I decided that if I get a dog, it will be a pitbull, ambitious, I know, but I was/am determined to make sure at least my dog will give them a good name. Oh, my first pet before Corona...a snail! More visits with Corona led to a greater love for the breed...here he is, snuggled up next to my buddy when he was on leave for a bit: Image
That summer, my current roommate and I started taking the dogs for walks, there was really no reason not to. Over time he sort of became my dog, but up until about a week ago, it wasn't official, but now that it is, he's going to be a legitimate dog...he's all licensed and tagged and vaccinated now. I picked up a water toy today for our trip to my roommate's parents' property...both of our dogs need motivation to get in the water, sadly...I would like for them to be the kind of dog that try to attack the water coming out of the sprinkler...maybe in time, that will come. Anyway, I let him rest today since he had all of his shots redone, including a Lyme's disease shot, since we're going to be in a wooded area.

I'm really looking forward to raising this guy into old age. It's funny, I get grossed out wiping other dogs' eye boogers off, but not this guy...I guess it's love! Ugh, he just farted! He eats his food quite quickly, and we need a stand so he doesn't have to bend down.

Maybe I should just write a novel?

Oh, and about the camera for under $250, I would look for something from Canon, they've never done me wrong, or at least check out dpreview.com, they have TONS of camera reviews...you will have more information than you will know what to do with!

Thanks for all the compliments on/about him!

Return to “Introductions”