Hello

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
nthesticks
Newborn Bully

Hello

Postby nthesticks » Wed May 21, 2008 4:45 pm

I hate writing about me, but since you need to know:
Married (a long time). Mom. Gardener. Toastmaster. Christian.
Family: hubby and youngest daughter for people at home.
three grown kids, 7 grand kids, and now for my furrybabies.
2 horses (one very attitudinal), 1 Cocker Spaniel, 1 inherited Lab (my now son-in-law just HAD to give him to my grandkids while they lived out here. Now the son-in-law is in the family, the family lives in the city, and there was no room for the whale), and my son's rescued pit. :) I've had her for about 18 months (maybe longer, I forget how fast time flies) because he was sent overseas. He originally left her with the daughter who couldn't keep the whale....go figure! But because Mom lives in the country, and is able to do it, I get to take care of the girl.

Penelope is the pit, Valentine is the Cocker. both are spayed. I've no desire to do the puppy thing.
I thought I knew something of training dogs. Sit, Down, Come. (Val gets out, there is no COME - she's too busy saying FREEDOM!) which is an entirely different thing with Penelope. so I started looking for some help on the matter. I learned I do some things wrong. (or did, I try not to do that now, but....)
I've done a Canine Good Citizen with Pene, we have not tested. I have yet to develop the ability to be in two places at the same time. I am working on improving her manners. If I could get hubby and dau on same page, my life would be easier, but..... We have gone into Petco/Petsmart and to a meetup with other members of Texoma Bully Breeds. I have walked her at the school and we like to have got banned because she barked at the bus driver who scared the snot out of us. Barked, not attacked. That's another story sometime. But the Sup of the school exercised some judgement and we compromised to walking after 0805 - every one should be inside then. :D

I hope to educate people about dogs in general, and the bully breeds in particular. All dogs have the potential to be vicious. All dogs can and will bite under the right (or would that be wrong?) circumstances. I can't tell someone who has had a bad experience that they don't have valid concerns. But I can tell them that all dogs aren't bad, just the same as all people aren't bad. Certain races or certain breeds, same thing. there are good and bad in all of us and them.

burn504
Newborn Bully

Postby burn504 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:59 pm

great intro.. what about some pics?

nthesticks
Newborn Bully

Postby nthesticks » Wed May 21, 2008 10:01 pm

well since I'm on dial up, it is not something I'll put up there a lot. I'll have to take some to the laptop to upload at a hot spot.

and with gas being what it is, that might not happen for a few days. :(

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Wed May 21, 2008 11:46 pm

Welcome to PBF! Can't wait to see pics :)

benny*kaya*sadie
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby benny*kaya*sadie » Thu May 22, 2008 11:13 am

Welcome :thumbsup:

Zagari
Addicted to PBF

Postby Zagari » Thu May 22, 2008 11:49 am

Hey! Welcome!

nthesticks
Newborn Bully

a picture of the Penelope

Postby nthesticks » Thu May 22, 2008 12:25 pm

Not necessarily a good one, but....she's 2+, and as bad as a five yr old - (needs constant supervision) and I have been told that it should even out in the next 6 to 9 months. A tired Penelope is a good Penelope!
[img][img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c354/sassytxn/P3310146.jpg[/img]

I hope the picture shows right.
[/img]

redsand
Matured Bully

Postby redsand » Thu May 22, 2008 4:11 pm

8)

spammie

Postby spammie » Thu May 22, 2008 7:07 pm

What's toastmaster?

nthesticks
Newborn Bully

Postby nthesticks » Thu May 22, 2008 9:45 pm

spammie wrote:Image
What's toastmaster?

Toastmaster is a club affiliated with Toastmasters International (toastmasters dot org) and is totally about helping people improve their communication and leadership skills. with ten years of speaking, I can use those skills to speak to city councils contemplating BSL, to groups to educate them about bully breeds, and any other opportunity that presents itself.

My club had the pleasure of Penelope being my 'demonstration speech' (last chance, since my original stuff got wet and was unusable!) and she did her tricks, and some basic stuff, and totally impressed them with the fact that while she liked the treats, she'd mind without them. :D sometimes she's EXCELLENT - other times, like a kid, she is NOT going to do what I want her to do at ALL. she was quite content to scratch her back and 'waller' in the scratchy carpet, which she cannot do quietly. But she was a good girl.

akaspaddero
Addicted to PBF

Postby akaspaddero » Fri May 23, 2008 11:14 am

Welcome!

Dozer
Addicted to PBF

Postby Dozer » Fri May 23, 2008 1:14 pm

good looking dog from what i can tell. welcome :thumbsup:

Deniselynn
BANNED

Postby Deniselynn » Fri May 23, 2008 1:41 pm

twindc23