Hi from Sam & Jayne (NYC moving to Portland OR)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********
bullyball
Newborn Bully

Hi from Sam & Jayne (NYC moving to Portland OR)

Postby bullyball » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi Everyone,
My name is Sam and my fiance and I are first-time pit owners. Our pup is Jayne (for all you Firefly fans out there) and he's about a year and a half and we've had him for 9 months. He's a rescue, found abandoned in Queens. We got him through Woof Dog Rescue here in NYC.

We set out to adopt a pit when we finally were in a situation where we could have a dog. We both love pits, think they are beautiful dogs and we wanted to support a misunderstood breed. I knew there were misconceptions about pits but when we first got him, I was blown away by how many people cross the street to avoid him. And folks who accuse us of training him to fight when we give him corrections with the lead on the street.

But we love him and you grow a tough skin and try to educate people whenever you have the chance. We've done a lot of self education since we got Jayne and have learned that although a walk works for letting a dog relieve itself, it serves a bigger purpose in teaching the dog the pecking order and giving him a way to drain his energy so he can be happy when we're not home.

We think Jayne is a lucky boy, and we're lucky to have found him. We also have 2 parrots, an African Grey named Ajie, and a 1/2 moon conure named Nick.

We're about to move back to Portland Oregon and that makes me happy on so many levels. I can't wait to take Jayne to the Columbia river and out to the coast and see what he does with water. It will be great to take him hiking and backpacking and we'll have a car again so we can travel places with him.

I look forward to getting to know people and finding out about events in the Portland area.

Sam (and Jayne)

suzi
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby suzi » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:10 pm

Welcome Aboard!

twindc23
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby twindc23 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:04 pm

Thats for rescuing.

:thumbsup:

redsand
Matured Bully