Non-Doggy products put to good use?

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
Amie

Non-Doggy products put to good use?

Postby Amie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:05 am

When I saw this in Target, my first thought wasn't onions (though it's good for them, too) it was all those rolls of dog treats that make me late because I forgot to chop them up for class until the last minute.

I got one, brought it home, and love it. Now, when I get a two pound roll of dog treat, I slice it up

pop it on the "chop wizard" (or as I affectionately refer to it, "that funky as-seen-on-tv cutting thingy")

and before long I've got a stash of training treats ready to go

The whole process takes about as much time as prepping for maybe two days worth of training would have "the old way" and I get nearly a week out of it.

Anyone else make any adjustments in the intended purpose that worked out perfectly for dog related use?

Maryellen
Addicted to PBF

Postby Maryellen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:21 am

holy crap i never thought of using one that way!!!! i have one of those at home and it sits in the cabinet, i HATE chopping up treats . i am going to dig mine out tonight and use it for dog treats.. what a GREAT idea!!

mommy2kane
Addicted to PBF

Postby mommy2kane » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:30 am

Very nice!

MaggielSelah
Adolescent Bully

Postby MaggielSelah » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:33 am

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Pssstttt -- well now I know what those rolls are for. I keep looking at them wondering what they are. I just am always too embarrassed to ask anyone.

OlympianAB
Addicted to PBF

Postby OlympianAB » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:00 pm

now someone thinks of that.. i just chopped a huge one up for tracking treats...arg..

Amie

Postby Amie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:04 pm

MaggielSelah wrote::oops: :oops: :oops:

Pssstttt -- well now I know what those rolls are for. I keep looking at them wondering what they are. I just am always too embarrassed to ask anyone.

We use Red Barn brand, which claims on the label to be dog food, but is a good consistency for treats. He likes it a lot, it's firm enough that I can break it, it's not particularly greasy. I get it from our school, who sells it, but they just increased their prices (and pissed me off on another level, and I'm childish lol ) so I'll be looking around to see if there are better deals out there. I think you can get similar products at big pet chains Smart/Co.

But the cutting thingy would be good for hot dogs or other cooked meats, too (trust me when I say it would be ineffective with raw meat)

FreeRideJunkie
Bully Ambassador

Postby FreeRideJunkie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:51 pm

Oh wow..... And here I was all along trying to figure out what lucky dog got an entire roll of those treats at once. roflmao

I get it now. Thanks. :thumbsup:

lol

crazy4pits
Addicted to PBF

Postby crazy4pits » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:17 am

I get those rolls all the time and use for treats. Now I need on of those choppy thingys....LOL I hate cutting that thing up

MaggielSelah
Adolescent Bully

Postby MaggielSelah » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:59 am

Amie wrote:
MaggielSelah wrote::oops: :oops: :oops:

We use Red Barn brand, which claims on the label to be dog food, but is a good consistency for treats. He likes it a lot, it's firm enough that I can break it, it's not particularly greasy. I get it from our school, who sells it, but they just increased their prices (and pissed me off on another level, and I'm childish lol ) so I'll be looking around to see if there are better deals out there. I think you can get similar products at big pet chains Smart/Co.

But the cutting thingy would be good for hot dogs or other cooked meats, too (trust me when I say it would be ineffective with raw meat)

Well I just went and bought my first roll and am going to go look for one of these guys at Target this weekend. :D I have to say, it takes some getting used to to see how freely the term "bitch" is used in the doggie world. I just about lost my Sonic Cherry Limeade while reading the label last night. lol

Amie

Postby Amie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:26 am

lol

Don't forget to factor it in to what you're feeding him! Keep an eye on his weight, and if he starts to pudge up, drop his actual meals down a smidge - treats add calories!

eashanna
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby eashanna » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:36 am

oooooohhhh is that what those rolls are for?? lol i always see them and think, who on earth makes a dog a pepperoni sandwich? :oops:

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”