Martingale Style...your opinion

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
User avatar
SonnysMomma
Forum Junky
Posts: 3609
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:02 am
Location: Atlanta , GA

Martingale Style...your opinion

Postby SonnysMomma » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:14 am

Ok, so when walking and out and about, we use a martingale like the one below.

Image



I just want to get yalls opinions...I am sure I will get alot of responses saying that its what works best for the dog and owner, but I just wanted some opinions...it seems to work fine for Sonny.

Thanks guys/gals!

msvette2u

Postby msvette2u » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:27 am

I love those.
If you look they are just like a prong/pinch only made with nylon and not chain/prong.
I think of it as the dog training itself, they really do. If they respond well, use it by all means!

User avatar
SonnysMomma
Forum Junky
Posts: 3609
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:02 am
Location: Atlanta , GA

Postby SonnysMomma » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 am

msvette2u wrote:I love those.
If you look they are just like a prong/pinch only made with nylon and not chain/prong.
I think of it as the dog training itself, they really do. If they respond well, use it by all means!


We paid for training through barkbusters and that is one of the accessories that comes with it. He has done great with it walking. Only problem is when we are out in public....he still gets really excited and pulls. I suppose as he gets older he will calm down more. I continue to tell him to sit and stay and good boy...but only so long of that!!

User avatar
bullydogla
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully
Posts: 988
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 7:17 am
Location: New Orleans

Postby bullydogla » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:03 pm

SonnysMomma wrote:
msvette2u wrote:I love those.
If you look they are just like a prong/pinch only made with nylon and not chain/prong.
I think of it as the dog training itself, they really do. If they respond well, use it by all means!


We paid for training through barkbusters and that is one of the accessories that comes with it. He has done great with it walking. Only problem is when we are out in public....he still gets really excited and pulls. I suppose as he gets older he will calm down more. I continue to tell him to sit and stay and good boy...but only so long of that!!


not necessarily. one of mine, Sage still pulls so much that i have to use a prong. Daisy just wears her prong but is attached by the reg collar.

User avatar
eashanna
Bully Lover 4 Life
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Postby eashanna » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:21 pm

i have a martingale (not collarmania) and honestly, my dogs heads slip out of it. i dont know whats wrong :(

User avatar
*leenie*
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 6519
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:11 pm
Location: Just south of Chicago

Postby *leenie* » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:11 pm

eashanna wrote:i have a martingale (not collarmania) and honestly, my dogs heads slip out of it. i dont know whats wrong :(


It might be just a tad to big.

User avatar
OlympianAB
Addicted to PBF
Posts: 6187
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:08 pm
Location: In never never land.

Postby OlympianAB » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:57 pm

i love martingales...
usually thats what Dewi has on..

User avatar
Jazzy
Pit Bull Princess Pamperer
Posts: 7651
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:52 pm
Location: New England

Postby Jazzy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:54 pm

If Veronica wants to pull...she'll choke herself on a martingale...and on a prong for that matter.

I like a nice front ring sense-ation harness...perfect for tipping her off balance and safely swinging her around when she wants to be a butt head. :))


Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests