Indesctructible Crate!! Please!!

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby turtle » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:08 pm

These crates are made by Kennel Aire which is an old company.

They are selling out the last of their old Commander series crates which are all hand made and welded, with 1 inch mesh, they are very strong.

They have 40 inch long Commander Crates:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0319336763

And 36 inch long Commander Crates:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0319226126

An excellent buy, these were twice as much but they are now discontinued. I bought one for a rescue a few yrs ago for a 95 pit mix that would not stay in a crate and it held him just fine.

Torin
Adolescent Bully

Postby Torin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Just to let you know we had some issues as well and our dog was pulling the bars also off metal crates and chewing out of plastic. We got a crate cover and now she doesn't do it as she can't see out. Good luck!

brit.sm
Matured Bully

Postby brit.sm » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:22 pm

Just to let you know we had some issues as well and our dog was pulling the bars also off metal crates and chewing out of plastic. We got a crate cover and now she doesn't do it as she can't see out. Good luck!

Hmm, never thought about a crate cover...although whever I used to put a blanket over his crate to cover it, he would tear the blanket inside of his crate and tear it up lol so we decided to just leave it off. I'm still deciding on a crate...Thanks for all the options everyone! :thumbsup:

SKoth
Bully Ambassador

Postby SKoth » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Just a warning... Some dogs who are adamant about getting out of crates will continue to try even in the metal/aluminum crates and break their teeth. Be careful the first few times you leave him that he doesn't hurt himself.

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”