Goughnuts!

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Goughnuts!

Postby SonnysMomma » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:34 pm

I used to get pissed off cause I was spending so much money on different toys, cause Sonny would destroy them in no time.

Well, I havent gotten to go shopping in FOREVER for new toys! I LIKE SHOPPING! lol

Thanks alot Gougnuts!

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Re: Goughnuts!

Postby PitBull-Lady » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:54 pm

ok, will be making purchase of goughnuts soon. Capone has distroyed MORE toys than I could care o mention.

I don't mind because he's not chewing the furniture, but WOW! I'm exhausted from the hunt...

thanks for the praise, i'll be shopping!

littleCloClo
Bully Ambassador

Postby littleCloClo » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:19 pm

I just got Chloe (my resident destroyer) the black Goughnut, and this is all she's managed to do to it, which is nothing short of amazing:

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Thank you so much for sharing. Making or designing the GoughNut product was difficult. Getting people to believe or just try it is even more difficult. Our goal is safety. Please stop at the red. Thanks again for your support.

Amy

InBearsMemory
Bully Ambassador

Postby InBearsMemory » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:23 am

I just placed an order this weekend to give these a try. I had my little girl with me in the basement when I was cleaning out some boxes on the weekend and gave her free reign over a bunch of her toys which I normally don't do because I know what usually happens. Anyway after she ripped apart and shredded a brand new Kong Wubba, a Tennis ball dumbbell, and a Planet Dog Orbee toy within a time span of 20 minutes I took the plunge. Here's to hoping that these will hold up, lol.

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:58 am

InBearsMemory wrote:I just placed an order this weekend to give these a try. I had my little girl with me in the basement when I was cleaning out some boxes on the weekend and gave her free reign over a bunch of her toys which I normally don't do because I know what usually happens. Anyway after she ripped apart and shredded a brand new Kong Wubba, a Tennis ball dumbbell, and a Planet Dog Orbee toy within a time span of 20 minutes I took the plunge. Here's to hoping that these will hold up, lol.

It will...promise!

InBearsMemory
Bully Ambassador

Postby InBearsMemory » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:40 pm

SonnysMomma wrote:
InBearsMemory wrote:I just placed an order this weekend to give these a try. I had my little girl with me in the basement when I was cleaning out some boxes on the weekend and gave her free reign over a bunch of her toys which I normally don't do because I know what usually happens. Anyway after she ripped apart and shredded a brand new Kong Wubba, a Tennis ball dumbbell, and a Planet Dog Orbee toy within a time span of 20 minutes I took the plunge. Here's to hoping that these will hold up, lol.

It will...promise!

Thank you. I am quite excited about finally trying one and I will post some feedback as soon as we have broken it in :thumbsup:

JokerGirl
Newborn Bully

Postby JokerGirl » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:28 pm

Finally drove out to Castleton and picked up a Goughnut Black for Sugar today.

In about 10 minutes of chewing, it's filled with lots of nice little puncture holes. We'll see how it stands up ;) If I see red, you can be sure I'll let you know!

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:42 pm

JokerGirl wrote:Finally drove out to Castleton and picked up a Goughnut Black for Sugar today.

In about 10 minutes of chewing, it's filled with lots of nice little puncture holes. We'll see how it stands up ;) If I see red, you can be sure I'll let you know!

WOW...she must really be a chewer!!

JokerGirl
Newborn Bully

Postby JokerGirl » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:59 pm

SonnysMomma wrote:WOW...she must really be a chewer!!

She's a pretty hard core chewer. She can destroy a compressed rawhide bone completely in about 2 days of chewing at work. It'll be really nice if I can keep her interested in this toy! Save me some $$$ :)

littleCloClo
Bully Ambassador

Postby littleCloClo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:46 pm

WOW! I am impressed - Chloe is sending over her champion chewing trophy right away!

luvnstuff
Addicted to PBF

Postby luvnstuff » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:31 pm

JokerGirl wrote:[]

She's a pretty hard core chewer. She can destroy a compressed rawhide bone completely in about 2 days of chewing at work. It'll be really nice if I can keep her interested in this toy! Save me some $$$ :)

]

2 days? Mine dont last 20 minutes with one of those!! (compressed rawhides)
I am going to have to try thes gough nuts... seems we have some super chewers here and this toy is actually lasting!
Virgil can destory anything in minutes... including Black kongs...

InBearsMemory
Bully Ambassador

Postby InBearsMemory » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:48 pm

luvnstuff wrote:
JokerGirl wrote:[]

]

2 days? Mine dont last 20 minutes with one of those!! (compressed rawhides)
I am going to have to try thes gough nuts... seems we have some super chewers here and this toy is actually lasting!
Virgil can destory anything in minutes... including Black kongs...

I was going to say the same thing, lol and now I am afraid that the toy won't hold up :crybaby: . Loki goes through a big compressed rawhide bone in less than hour. I guess I will have to wait and see when it gets here.

janedoeismissing
Addicted to PBF

Postby janedoeismissing » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:11 pm

Yeah, I never considered compressed rawhides to be tough....my two practically swallow them whole and they're not big toy destroyers, i did just order the regular original goughnut- Zeke will probably try his hand at it first. We will see how it will hold up!! :)

InBearsMemory
Bully Ambassador

Postby InBearsMemory » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Ok, today we received our black goughnut. Shipping was great and fast and the toy was well packaged. I have found with a lot of these rubber toys there is always a very strong smell to them, such as those rubber tire biters you can buy but the goughnut actually doesn't smell that bad at all. It has a fair bit of weight to it for it's size and feels quite solid. The texture is not too hard like a thick Kong would be but also not too soft like an Orbee ball would be like. Yet it still feels solid but still squishy enough to prevent dogs from getting bored with it easily.
I put it down for the destroyer of all toys - Gorgo, the Bully girl that tore through three fairly heavy duty toys in a very short amount of time and here she is now chewing on the goughnut for the last 2 1/2 hours straight and there is literally zero damage to it. You can hardly notice any toothmarks in it.
I am totally impressed and I will definitely pick a few more of these up for the other dogs as well as a few of the goughnut sticks for our obedience training. These are definitely worth the money!

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”