Goughnuts!

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
Nichole
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Goughnuts!

Postby Nichole » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:10 pm

I ordered one for my girls on Monday. I don't think it has shipped yet but I imagine I'll get it soon. Here's hoping naughty Vi enjoys chewing on that vs my shoes.

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:39 pm

Nichole wrote:I ordered one for my girls on Monday. I don't think it has shipped yet but I imagine I'll get it soon. Here's hoping naughty Vi enjoys chewing on that vs my shoes.

maybe rub your shoe on it first

starrlamia
Addicted to PBF

Postby starrlamia » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:42 pm

GoughNuts wrote:
MissKitty wrote:Do we have a work to eat toy coming out soon? :yipee:

Miss Kitty,

Our "GoughNuts Cannoli" can be found in many professional pet supply stores, trainers, and vet locations that carry our product. If you find a store near you on our web site locator please call ahead as they are absolutely brand new and in limited supply. The Cannoli can also be found on our web store. This Cannoli is an easy work to eat engineered product when used on it's own but becomes a very challenging product when combined with our GoughNut sticks. As always I recommend the black stick for APBT for strength.

Yes the Cannoli is durable, floats, bouncy and guaranteed. The Cannoli is not designed as a chew toy and our original ring should continue be relied upon for pure power chewing. I realize GoughNuts are expensive however please know this is a lifetime relationship and investment. Our main goal continues to be safety. Another attribute of the Cannoli is that when placed in the freezer the Cannoli remains pliable as a result of the natural rubber content.

The Cannoli release marks our 5th year anniversary and we certainly appreciate all of the support.

Thanks,

Amy

so to use it as a work to eat toy do you need to get the stick too? it looks like the cannoli is a tube?

Nichole
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Nichole » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:06 pm

starrlamia wrote:
Nichole wrote:I ordered one for my girls on Monday. I don't think it has shipped yet but I imagine I'll get it soon. Here's hoping naughty Vi enjoys chewing on that vs my shoes.

maybe rub your shoe on it first

ha!

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Saw the Cannoli up in the Tehachapi, when I bought the donut, but did not pick one up.I was hoping to start replacing Kongs since those get chewed up by my guys but it did not look like it would work out. The Cannoli is like a tube, yes, red in color (those I saw were anyway) and I am assuming that peanut butter could be okey when spread on the inside. With others things, such as packing with cookies, fruit, veggies pieces...can't happen like with a Kong. It is also less strong than the black donut or stick. Then again I use peanut butter often...decisions, decisions... :tongue:

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:44 am

GoughNuts wrote:
MissKitty wrote:Do we have a work to eat toy coming out soon? :yipee:

Miss Kitty,

Our "GoughNuts Cannoli" can be found in many professional pet supply stores, trainers, and vet locations that carry our product. If you find a store near you on our web site locator please call ahead as they are absolutely brand new and in limited supply. The Cannoli can also be found on our web store. This Cannoli is an easy work to eat engineered product when used on it's own but becomes a very challenging product when combined with our GoughNut sticks. As always I recommend the black stick for APBT for strength.

Yes the Cannoli is durable, floats, bouncy and guaranteed. The Cannoli is not designed as a chew toy and our original ring should continue be relied upon for pure power chewing. I realize GoughNuts are expensive however please know this is a lifetime relationship and investment. Our main goal continues to be safety. Another attribute of the Cannoli is that when placed in the freezer the Cannoli remains pliable as a result of the natural rubber content.

The Cannoli release marks our 5th year anniversary and we certainly appreciate all of the support.

Thanks,

Amy

The Cannoli are designed for a three level challenge. The first and easiest is without "Sticks". The Cannoli is a durable tube or sleeve that is easy to fill and clean and for dogs that need an easy challenge this might be it. Combined with a Stick the Challenge gets much harder. Again, I realize buying both products is a huge investment. The toughest challenge is using a stick on each end (very few dogs will need the third level challenge. This encapsulates what is put inside and for dogs that can solve the hardest puzzle this design will be the one.

Thank you for all your questions. All the designs will and have taken time to catch on. How many of you laughed when the Black stick first came out!

Amy

patty

Postby patty » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:57 pm

Hope this is OK to post this link

Have you tried placing your products at the Yorba Regional Animal Hospital? I noticed the Villa Animal Hosptial in Orange, CA is selling your products. The Yorba Regional Animal Hospital is a state of the art Emergency, boarding facility and is always busy. :)

http://www.yorbaregionalvets.com/

I'm going to give the Goughnutx Maxx a try!

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:44 pm

patty wrote:Hope this is OK to post this link

Have you tried placing your products at the Yorba Regional Animal Hospital? I noticed the Villa Animal Hosptial in Orange, CA is selling your products. The Yorba Regional Animal Hospital is a state of the art Emergency, boarding facility and is always busy. :)

http://www.yorbaregionalvets.com/

I'm going to give the Goughnutx Maxx a try!

Patty, thank you so much for your note. Sounds like a great facility and company. In almost every case GoughNuts are found in professional establishments a result of people like you that recommend us. Without a doubt becoming known has been our second greatest challenge. We currently do not have a budget for marketing or distribution. Our goal as you know is safety and fun. For that reason we would like to be in more places around the world as we feel our safety indicator is important and our durability/design is gaining respect. Our patent is still pending and has been an insane process for the last 5 years.

Therefore - Please please recommend us where you think it is important. Villa Animal Hospital and it's owners are very special to us as they were one of our first.

Thanks and take care,

Amy

sharron
Newborn Bully

Postby sharron » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:31 am

I got tired of buying toys that didn't live up to their names of strength.

For years now I have been buying a strong and cheap "coconut" from the grocery store . Yes...a regular coconut !

Toma doesn't like the hairy stuff on the outside. Beau could care less ! lol !

The coconuts serve two purposes for me. You can use them as a 'ball' , or anything you want. Second . The dogs can eat the total coconut , shell and all. Of course , if they do eat the shell , you will notice "UGLY" in their poop ! lol !

More importantly though , eating the total coconut helps with the anal sacs release. This means you don't have to have the vet ( or youself ) release them manually. Awful job !! Those of you that have had to empty the sacs yourself know how careful you must be not t roflmao o hurt or injure your dog. Plus the stinky mess !!!

Beau loves to crack it and eat it , he loves the milk too. Toma loves to play with it like a ball before she cracks hers. Some times I must crack it if they can't ! Please try it an see what your dogs think !!

Sharron

PitBull-Lady
Addicted to PBF

Postby PitBull-Lady » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:15 am

I went to a store in Philly yesterday www.TheChicPetique.com theydidnot have the Canoil but did have Goughnuts and Balls. Nice store!!!!!
AND
All the adoptable dogs in the window were pitties!!

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:23 am

PitBull-Lady wrote:I went to a store in Philly yesterday http://www.TheChicPetique.com theydidnot have the Canoil but did have Goughnuts and Balls. Nice store!!!!!
AND
All the adoptable dogs in the window were pitties!!

Chic Petique is a great partner with us and a great example of a pet professional selling GoughNuts. The Cannoli is very new and will take some time to catch on. Thanks for your note!

Amy

MissKitty
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby MissKitty » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Do you think you could make a clear picture or video tutorial of how the levels of the Canoli work?

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:09 pm

MissKitty wrote:Do you think you could make a clear picture or video tutorial of how the levels of the Canoli work?

Miss Kitty,

You are reading my mind aren't you? An instructional video is in process and I can't wait for everyone to fully understand the Ball function and the Cannoli function. My producer/pal, Mike Glickman, is currently on shoot doing a new K9 show but he will have time soon to help out. I have tested the Cannoli on several dogs with different levels of behaviors. I continue to be encouraged that this design is something special. There are tons going on in the GoughNuts design world. The key is making good steps.

Thank you for your thoughts!

Amy

Red
Addicted to PBF

Postby Red » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Jack would like to show off his brand new goughnut stick:

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:51 am

Thanks Red. Feedback like this keeps me going. You have a power chewer. I have tried to lift your video without luck. Is there any chance you would please post both of these videos on youtube so that I can point to them from my web sight. These videos are great examples of just getting down to it. I have a facebook page as well if you are a facebooker. Regardless, thank you so much for your support and thanks for your sharing! Amy

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”