Goughnuts!

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
janedoeismissing
Addicted to PBF

Re: Goughnuts!

Postby janedoeismissing » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:30 pm

I received mine aswell. I ordered from pet expertise & shipping was quick!! Zeke was enthralled with it, tossing it around, sitting every time I picked it up (it was a high value item for him!)....his interest may fade, but so far so good! :thumbsup:

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:44 am

InBearsMemory wrote:Ok, today we received our black goughnut. Shipping was great and fast and the toy was well packaged. I have found with a lot of these rubber toys there is always a very strong smell to them, such as those rubber tire biters you can buy but the goughnut actually doesn't smell that bad at all. It has a fair bit of weight to it for it's size and feels quite solid. The texture is not too hard like a thick Kong would be but also not too soft like an Orbee ball would be like. Yet it still feels solid but still squishy enough to prevent dogs from getting bored with it easily.
I put it down for the destroyer of all toys - Gorgo, the Bully girl that tore through three fairly heavy duty toys in a very short amount of time and here she is now chewing on the goughnut for the last 2 1/2 hours straight and there is literally zero damage to it. You can hardly notice any toothmarks in it.
I am totally impressed and I will definitely pick a few more of these up for the other dogs as well as a few of the goughnut sticks for our obedience training. These are definitely worth the money!

Wow! Thank you for your words/review. We are striving to be the best. Best for us means safety. Please continue to monitor your GoughNuts. The safety indicator inside each GoughNut makes it clear when the toy must be taken away. We replace GoughNuts forever or for life. This is our investment and your investment in the safety of your dog. Thanks so much for your support. We need support. We need lots of support.

That smell is smoke sheet. It is a specific high grade natural rubber that is smoked for toughness. Yes, in most cases the dogs are attracted to the smell. Yes, the GoughNuts have some weight to them. The cool part with this is that they float!

Thanks again,

Amy

InBearsMemory
Bully Ambassador

Postby InBearsMemory » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:17 am

GoughNuts wrote:
InBearsMemory wrote:Ok, today we received our black goughnut. Shipping was great and fast and the toy was well packaged. I have found with a lot of these rubber toys there is always a very strong smell to them, such as those rubber tire biters you can buy but the goughnut actually doesn't smell that bad at all. It has a fair bit of weight to it for it's size and feels quite solid. The texture is not too hard like a thick Kong would be but also not too soft like an Orbee ball would be like. Yet it still feels solid but still squishy enough to prevent dogs from getting bored with it easily.
I put it down for the destroyer of all toys - Gorgo, the Bully girl that tore through three fairly heavy duty toys in a very short amount of time and here she is now chewing on the goughnut for the last 2 1/2 hours straight and there is literally zero damage to it. You can hardly notice any toothmarks in it.
I am totally impressed and I will definitely pick a few more of these up for the other dogs as well as a few of the goughnut sticks for our obedience training. These are definitely worth the money!

Wow! Thank you for your words/review. We are striving to be the best. Best for us means safety. Please continue to monitor your GoughNuts. The safety indicator inside each GoughNut makes it clear when the toy must be taken away. We replace GoughNuts forever or for life. This is our investment and your investment in the safety of your dog. Thanks so much for your support. We need support. We need lots of support.

That smell is smoke sheet. It is a specific high grade natural rubber that is smoked for toughness. Yes, in most cases the dogs are attracted to the smell. Yes, the GoughNuts have some weight to them. The cool part with this is that they float!

Thanks again,

Amy

Seriously Amy, the goughnut is dynamite. Gorgo goes nuts for it, lol. She was playing and chewing on it for about 3 hours last night while I was doing some work in the basement and all you notice on it are tiny needle size punctures that are not even a millimeter deep. Now THAT is a toy! If it can hold up to my girl its tough.

JoeBingo
Addicted to PBF

Postby JoeBingo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:24 am

Just ordered 2 Black Goughnuts :thumbsup:

JoeBingo
Addicted to PBF

Postby JoeBingo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Rowdy seems to like the Goughnut best, on a spring pole. Incidentally, Rowdy has not put a mark on the Goughnut, yet. 8) :thumbsup:
(disclaimer: I realize this is not the intended use for the Goughnut)

Amie

Postby Amie » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:36 pm

Anyone else get the impression Rowdy is pretending that's a full-sized tire and that he's the biggest pit bull in the world?

JoeBingo
Addicted to PBF

Postby JoeBingo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Amie wrote:Anyone else get the impression Rowdy is pretending that's a full-sized tire and that he's the biggest pit bull in the world?

8) :thumbsup: ... he is a little "large" ... and out of shape (means I'm not exercising enough LOL). I placed the Goughnut on a flirt pole too and Rowdy had a good little workout today. The Goughnut looks untouched ... the paracord I used to tie the Goughnuts to the spring and flirt poles ... not so much so lol

track7studios
Newborn Bully

Postby track7studios » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:48 pm

my dog has gone through 3 of them...2 green ones...and a black one...

goughnuts has been awesome in replacing them when i send them back, as soon as i see the "RED".....

i still have the destroyed black one at my house, waiting to ship it back...waiting for the larger diameter goughnut...

my dog just loves them to death!!! he gets to the red in about two or three days....which is two or three days longer than any toy has lasted...goughnuts, a great company..

any word on when those will be out Amy?

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:20 am

As you know - especially in this forum - GoughNuts is a company concerned with safety first. Yes the GoughNuts are tough and yes they are guaranteed and business is growing and we are getting recognition in part because of kind people in this forum. There are so few dogs that can even dent a GoughNut we have been going back and forth as to whether we will make a larger GoughNut.

The answer is yes we will. The reason is that we want every dog to have a safe chew toy. Admittedly I thought the large Black would stand up to any dog. In almost every case the GoughNuts Black has been a safe fun chew toy for even the toughest of chewers. There are still a few that have the combo to our GoughNuts and get to the red. We are still playing around with the name of this future GoughNuts chew toy. We are thinking about "GoughNuts Huge" as a name.

I sent in the drawings today to my tool maker. The cross sectional diameter will be 2.1" versus 1.75" The overall diameter will be 6" versus 5". This GoughNut will be a chew toy that I never imagined making. Most importantly this GoughNut will have our two layered patent pending, "chew toy safety indicator." Will a dog get through to the red. I am sure of it. Will the larger diameters slow down the dogs that can currently get through our large Black - Yes.

This chew toy will be very expensive. Crosslinking 2" of natural rubber is more often found in bridge bearing pads than pet chew toys. We will continue to invest in pet safety as many of you have done for GoughNuts. Thank you very much for the support. We are working hard and having fun making the safest/best that we know.

I expect the first "GoughNuts Huge" to come out in November. Who wants the first? I keep the first but you certainly are welcome to the second or third.

Amy

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 am

Amy

That the larger Goughnut sounds great! To bad I cant buy one....Sonny hasnt even put a dent in his Black yet!

Congrats on the success!

track7studios
Newborn Bully

Postby track7studios » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:15 pm

sweet! thats good to know amy...ill be sure to keep checking the site frequently...

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:15 pm

GoughNuts wrote:As you know - especially in this forum - GoughNuts is a company concerned with safety first. Yes the GoughNuts are tough and yes they are guaranteed and business is growing and we are getting recognition in part because of kind people in this forum. There are so few dogs that can even dent a GoughNut we have been going back and forth as to whether we will make a larger GoughNut.

The answer is yes we will. The reason is that we want every dog to have a safe chew toy. Admittedly I thought the large Black would stand up to any dog. In almost every case the GoughNuts Black has been a safe fun chew toy for even the toughest of chewers. There are still a few that have the combo to our GoughNuts and get to the red. We are still playing around with the name of this future GoughNuts chew toy. We are thinking about "GoughNuts Huge" as a name.

I sent in the drawings today to my tool maker. The cross sectional diameter will be 2.1" versus 1.75" The overall diameter will be 6" versus 5". This GoughNut will be a chew toy that I never imagined making. Most importantly this GoughNut will have our two layered patent pending, "chew toy safety indicator." Will a dog get through to the red. I am sure of it. Will the larger diameters slow down the dogs that can currently get through our large Black - Yes.

This chew toy will be very expensive. Crosslinking 2" of natural rubber is more often found in bridge bearing pads than pet chew toys. We will continue to invest in pet safety as many of you have done for GoughNuts. Thank you very much for the support. We are working hard and having fun making the safest/best that we know.

I expect the first "GoughNuts Huge" to come out in November. Who wants the first? I keep the first but you certainly are welcome to the second or third.

Amy

Hi all,

We are ahead of schedule - Mold is being cut now! Also, we decide on a name - "GoughNuts Max" - named after our 13 yr old Great Pyrenees, Max, that is laying next to me as I write this. Max is the best and deserves this lifetime dedication. The date just changed to October and may change again if we stay on schedule.

Thank you for your support and GoughNuts!!!

Amy

MikeInTacoma

Postby MikeInTacoma » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:34 am

Let us know when it's ready. I think my friend's dog, who chews like nothing I've ever seen before, might get an early Christmas present. :thumbsup:

InBearsMemory
Bully Ambassador

Postby InBearsMemory » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:53 am

Amy, the larger toy sounds great and my girl is definitely getting one of those.
By the way the Goughnut stick is awesome as well, especially as a training toy. It fits perfectly in my tug dropper vest and the dogs love it!

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:03 pm

GoughNuts wrote:
GoughNuts wrote:As you know - especially in this forum - GoughNuts is a company concerned with safety first. Yes the GoughNuts are tough and yes they are guaranteed and business is growing and we are getting recognition in part because of kind people in this forum. There are so few dogs that can even dent a GoughNut we have been going back and forth as to whether we will make a larger GoughNut.

Amy

Hi all,

We are ahead of schedule - Mold is being cut now! Also, we decide on a name - "GoughNuts Max" - named after our 13 yr old Great Pyrenees, Max, that is laying next to me as I write this. Max is the best and deserves this lifetime dedication. The date just changed to October and may change again if we stay on schedule.

Thank you for your support and GoughNuts!!!

Amy

Hi everyone - Quick update - The "GoughNuts Max" mold is cut and delivered (mold made in Oakland, CA) - The mold is being fit for a press - The prototypes should be on schedule for early October. This is exciting stuff. Thanks for the support.

Amy

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”