Goughnuts!

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Re: Goughnuts!

Postby GoingPostal » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:43 pm

I can't wait to get mine from the PRBC auction and see if the dogs like it! With fosters through here I figure it will get use even if they don't though. Might have to pick up a couple for our local pound dogs for x-mas.

track7studios
Newborn Bully

Postby track7studios » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:25 am

Amy[/quote]

Hi everyone - Quick update - The "GoughNuts Max" mold is cut and delivered (mold made in Oakland, CA) - The mold is being fit for a press - The prototypes should be on schedule for early October. This is exciting stuff. Thanks for the support.

Amy[/quote]

any updates? are these available yet amy?

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:20 am

We got ours yesterday and both the dogs love it! Very surprising as they pay no attention to kongs or other rubber chewies. We'll see how it goes after a few weeks of play but impressed so far.

lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lilangel » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:09 am

I got a few different Goughnuts a few weeks back but none of my dogs pay them any mind. The big stick Goughnuts do fit nicely shoved into the big end a black mega Kong which makes for a few seconds worth of a puzzle treat but other than that the Goughnuts just lay around woefully unchewed upon. I've tried smearing them with various nut butters and cream cheese but once the tasty treat is gone, alone sits the lowly Goughnut. Ah to be a lonely Goughnut with so much wasted potential. :sad:

willyg44
Newborn Bully

Postby willyg44 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:15 pm

Leo loves the goughnut! Got the black one, he always gets so excited when we pull it out. Thanks Goughnuts for making a quality product!

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:02 am

GoughNuts wrote:
GoughNuts wrote:
GoughNuts wrote:As you know - especially in this forum - GoughNuts is a company concerned with safety first. Yes the GoughNuts are tough and yes they are guaranteed and business is growing and we are getting recognition in part because of kind people in this forum. There are so few dogs that can even dent a GoughNut we have been going back and forth as to whether we will make a larger GoughNut.

The answer is yes we will. The reason is that we want every dog to have a safe chew toy. Admittedly I thought the large Black would stand up to any dog. In almost every case the GoughNuts Black has been a safe fun chew toy for even the toughest of chewers. There are still a few that have the combo to our GoughNuts and get to the red. We are still playing around with the name of this future GoughNuts chew toy. We are thinking about "GoughNuts Huge" as a name.

I sent in the drawings today to my tool maker. The cross sectional diameter will be 2.1" versus 1.75" The overall diameter will be 6" versus 5". This GoughNut will be a chew toy that I never imagined making. Most importantly this GoughNut will have our two layered patent pending, "chew toy safety indicator." Will a dog get through to the red. I am sure of it. Will the larger diameters slow down the dogs that can currently get through our large Black - Yes.

This chew toy will be very expensive. Crosslinking 2" of natural rubber is more often found in bridge bearing pads than pet chew toys. We will continue to invest in pet safety as many of you have done for GoughNuts. Thank you very much for the support. We are working hard and having fun making the safest/best that we know.

I expect the first "GoughNuts Huge" to come out in November. Who wants the first? I keep the first but you certainly are welcome to the second or third.

Amy

Hi all,

We are ahead of schedule - Mold is being cut now! Also, we decide on a name - "GoughNuts Max" - named after our 13 yr old Great Pyrenees, Max, that is laying next to me as I write this. Max is the best and deserves this lifetime dedication. The date just changed to October and may change again if we stay on schedule.

Thank you for your support and GoughNuts!!!

Amy

Hi everyone - Quick update - The "GoughNuts Max" mold is cut and delivered (mold made in Oakland, CA) - The mold is being fit for a press - The prototypes should be on schedule for early October. This is exciting stuff. Thanks for the support.

Amy

The "GoughNuts Maxx" named after Max, sitting next to me as I write this, is ready. The Goughnuts Maxx is large. Yes, it took a little longer than expected to figure out how to manufacture this very large chew toy. As stated to this group, the GoughNuts Maxx was our investment in the few chewers that have the combo of power and persistence to damage our existing GoughNuts Black. The GoughNuts Maxx has my patent pending visual safety indicator where red means STOP, it floats, it rolls, it certainly is bouncy and please tell me what else it might be other than the very expensive.

There is only one reason why you might purchase the GoughNuts Maxx. If you have a dog that has chewed through our existing GoughNuts Black, you might have a chewer that needs the larger sized diameters of the GoughNuts Maxx. I am very excited about this chew toy. As stated the GoughNuts Maxx will slow down even the most powerful and relentless chewer. There is a dog named Hodor out there that needs the GoughNuts Maxx. Is the GoughNuts Maxx indestructable? Absolutely not. However, I stand behind this product and all my GoughNuts. If your dog reaches the red indicator, I will replace it.

Please remember the GoughhNuts Maxx was designed for safety. Nothing is more important to you or us than your dog's safety. Please monitor all chew toys that your dog is chewing on.

I am very happy to present the GoughNuts Maxx. Thank you so much for all of your support.

Amy

HUGaBULLyo
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby HUGaBULLyo » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:07 am

omg i need one of those! where do i buy one?

Ntchwaidumela
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby Ntchwaidumela » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:28 pm

HUGaBULLyo wrote:omg i need one of those! where do i buy one?

Hiya HUGaBullyo-

You could either get it directly from Amy at: http://www.goughnuts.com/ Amy is totally cool :nana:

Or check around at your local dog botiques (not the big box pet stores, but those dog specialty ones).

I highly recommend it espeically the stick, Jake loves it more than the ring.

Good Luck and Happy Holidays from
E and Jake

HUGaBULLyo
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby HUGaBULLyo » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:54 pm

thanks alot :)) :thumbsup:

fable
Newborn Bully

Postby fable » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:16 am

After my dog tore through several toys, I finally bought the Goughnut Black. At first my dog was very fond of it, he chewed on it for a good hour, he has since lost all interest in it. I think the problem is, he gets no results, he can chew on that thing for hours and nothing happens to it!

On the other hand, the thick design of the toy is pretty awesome. We have a big concrete area and a grassy hill in our back yard. We have gotten into the routine of playing fetch with the goughnut. I'll roll that thing across the ground as fast as possible and my dog will go tearing after it, if I roll it hard enough it makes a satisfying PLUNK against our back fence and rolls back the other way, my dog loves this.

I thought about filling up the goughnut hole with peanut butter and putting it in the freezer before giving it to him, maybe that will achieve better results when he is alone...

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:21 am

This is what Hoss is getting for Christmas. I haven't found a toy he can't chew through, and he loves the hard rubber type toys, so he will be putting the Goughnut to test!

Very excited lol

GoingPostal
Forum Junky

Postby GoingPostal » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:31 pm

As an update mine still love the goughnuts, Jersey will lose interest in chewing faster but she prefers play that involves us and hanging onto a drooly goughnuts while she tugs isn't my idea of fun, it's also most unsafe to toss this heavy, crazy bouncy thing around the house like she would like. Outside it's a great toss toy. Nero on the other hand will chew until we take it away, he's bound and determined he will destroy it and so far hasn't made a dent which is awesome. I've suggested them to more than a few people.

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:39 pm

lilangel wrote:I got a few different Goughnuts a few weeks back but none of my dogs pay them any mind. The big stick Goughnuts do fit nicely shoved into the big end a black mega Kong which makes for a few seconds worth of a puzzle treat but other than that the Goughnuts just lay around woefully unchewed upon. I've tried smearing them with various nut butters and cream cheese but once the tasty treat is gone, alone sits the lowly Goughnut. Ah to be a lonely Goughnut with so much wasted potential. :sad:

Have you tried to press fit the stick into the original GoughNut? We specifically designed the puzzle for uninterested dogs. Dogs that are unable to destroy the toy often don't want to play with it. Kind of a control thing. Anyway, use olive oil to get the two parts together. It will offer your pups way more than just a few seconds of play time.

Amy
GoughNuts LLC

lilangel
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby lilangel » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:40 am

Hi. Yeah I tried that but not much more interest. Now that the pup is more interested in toys, she likes the gough nuts. The older dogs still can't be bothered. Hey, one out of 3 ain't bad. I also looped some climbing rope through one of the goughnuts and it makes a nice "goughnut on a string"

Thanks for your response to my goughnut problem.

ammadien
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Postby ammadien » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:08 pm

We just ordered one for Zuki's christmas present, we figured the max was gonna be to big for a 45lb pit bull so went with the regular black. *fingers crossed* that she digs it!

Nate

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”