Goughnuts!

Collar, harness, kennel, and all other dog accessory/equipment posts go here!
Angela Adams
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Re: Goughnuts!

Postby Angela Adams » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:01 pm

I had the green round Goughnut and my dogs wouldn't chew or play with it ever, so I gave it to Tivioli :))

BUT I decided to try out the Goughnut STICK. The dogs LOVE it!!!

Here is proof!!

Jada enjoying the stick!
Jada looked away for one second...
And Sway stole it from her!!! lol

CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby CinderDee » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:00 pm

This looks awesome! I just sent the link to my friend who has two power chewers.

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:44 am

Angela Adams wrote:I had the green round Goughnut and my dogs wouldn't chew or play with it ever, so I gave it to Tivioli :))

BUT I decided to try out the Goughnut STICK. The dogs LOVE it!!!

Here is proof!!

Jada enjoying the stick!
Jada looked away for one second...
And Sway stole it from her!!! lol

Great picture! Thank you. For everyone that may be seeing this, please consider the Black especially for the Stick. In order of durability, it goes: GoughNuts MaXX (probably too big of a toy unless you have "that" dog), GoughNuts Black (what I recommend for APBT), GoughNuts Green, GoughNuts Black Stick, GoughNuts Green Stick, GoughNuts Green Medium .75.

Please keep the pictures/utube video coming. We just love seeing your dogs.

Thanks,

Amy

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:05 am

Amy, I had no idea ya'll had the Goughnuts Stick. I will for sure get one of those!

Also, when I get back home tomorrow I will post pics of Sonny's Goughnut Black that we bought Febuary of 09. So people can see how well they stand!

Thanks again for such a safe and fun product!

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:06 am

SonnysMomma wrote:Amy, I had no idea ya'll had the Goughnuts Stick. I will for sure get one of those!

Also, when I get back home tomorrow I will post pics of Sonny's Goughnut Black that we bought Febuary of 09. So people can see how well they stand!

Thanks again for such a safe and fun product!

Thank you so much for your support!

twotanks
Newborn Bully

Postby twotanks » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:23 pm

My dudes just received their goughnuts Christmas presents in the mail a few days ago. Gauge loves throwing his around and running after it and Lucy loves stealing it and hiding it in her chair. They haven't done much chewing on them yet because they are still addicted to their nylabones. I am glad to have heard about the goughnut because I was getting real sick of going through so many toys with them, they chew everything to pieces. We will see how the goughnuts go but so far they are both play worthy and don't have any dents in them from my dogs.

rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby rambler72 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Libby wrote:This is what Hoss is getting for Christmas. I haven't found a toy he can't chew through, and he loves the hard rubber type toys, so he will be putting the Goughnut to test!

Very excited lol

We have this very same problem with Bones.. He killed a black kong in about an hour. I was not too thrilled soooo, Bones got a Goughnut Max Stick last night and in 2.5hrs or so he managed to do this:

We will see how long it takes for him to get to the red. I will be taking pictures as he progresses I am thinking the black doughnut may be better because he shoves this as far back as he can and uses the most powerful part of his jaws.

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:08 pm

I would definitely reccommend the doughnut shaped toy for the reason you stated. The invention of the stick was intended more for a fetch/chew toy as opposed to a chew toy. When you are ready for your free replacement, I would be happy to send you a round black one.
Amy
owner GoughNuts

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:43 pm

Little late for Christmas lol But I just placed an order for a black donut. After seeing Rambler's dog with the stick and reading what Goughnuts had to say about it, I decided that might be the best for my kiddo.

Can't wait to get it!

Mya&theSiebenDackels
Addicted to PBF

Postby Mya&theSiebenDackels » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:14 pm

I will have to order a black goughnut for Mya's birthday in March.

She loves heavy duty rubber dog toys but, destroys them in a day. This would be the perfect toy for her!

SonnysMomma
Forum Junky

Postby SonnysMomma » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 pm

We got Sonny's Black Goughnut in February of 09'....this is the damage so far. Although he doesnt play with it everyday, he does at least every other day.

I believe he would destroy the Black Stick in a couple days because he would be able to get a better grip on it. So we will stick with the Goughnut. I still might get the Black Stick, but will strictly use it for fetch.

Amy, I have a question...as you can see in the picture, smalls pieces of the black material are gone...Im sure that Sonny has digested some of that, is it going to cause damage or hurt him in any way?

Thanks again Amy!

GoughNuts
Newborn Bully

Postby GoughNuts » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:23 am

SonnysMomma wrote:We got Sonny's Black Goughnut in February of 09'....this is the damage so far. Although he doesnt play with it everyday, he does at least every other day.

I believe he would destroy the Black Stick in a couple days because he would be able to get a better grip on it. So we will stick with the Goughnut. I still might get the Black Stick, but will strictly use it for fetch.

Amy, I have a question...as you can see in the picture, smalls pieces of the black material are gone...Im sure that Sonny has digested some of that, is it going to cause damage or hurt him in any way?

Thanks again Amy!

Absolutely........Not! This is a great question as it allows me to explain the design of the rubber recipe. The recipes, both green, black and indicating red, are tough and designed to break down (when they do) in tiny pieces (finger nail clipping size). Any dog that is capable of creating this damage surely has the ability to "pass" the material if they in fact ingest the finger nail clipping size. The whole idea is to prevent blockage from large chunks. This is why if you see red, it is time to have me replace it. This is how we (meaning you and I) invest together in your dogs safety.

There is more to this answer that is quite technical and I look forward to telling you all about it soon.

Also, I invested/invented/built the GoughNuts MaXX. This MaXX has larger diameters that will slow your nutty chewer down. If your chewer is doing damage to the Black Original, please know the GoughNuts MaXX might be what you need.

As always, thanks for the support and thanks for this forum from which I have have been allowed to express the passion that I have for safety in dog chew toys.

Update on Max. He is still Max and strong at 13.5yrs. Great dog, even though at two (2) he ate our sprinkler system (he needed a chew toy!).

Amy

rambler72
Bully Ambassador

Postby rambler72 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Oh Cool! Thanks Amy
Bones absolutely LOVES the stick he carries it around with him everywhere. He sleeps with it and this morning he came trotting out with it made sure everything was alright and took it back to bed. Didn't chew it just fell asleep with it. :huh?: Weird dog He has to show everyone that comes over his stick too.
Amber

littleCloClo
Bully Ambassador

Postby littleCloClo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:28 pm

rambler72 wrote:Oh Cool! Thanks Amy
Bones absolutely LOVES the stick he carries it around with him everywhere. He sleeps with it and this morning he came trotting out with it made sure everything was alright and took it back to bed. Didn't chew it just fell asleep with it. :huh?: Weird dog He has to show everyone that comes over his stick too.
Amber

That is too cute!

Libby
Addicted to PBF

Postby Libby » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:45 pm

I ordered this Goughnuts black originally for Hoss, but wouldn't you know, he wont even give it a proper sniff. I tried fetch with it, I tried putting peanut butter on it, I tried letting someone else play with it to make him want it...nope lol

But Gypsy loooves it! It is way cool to play fetch with this little donut, it bounces everywhere and she goes absolutely crazy chasing it! She gnawed on it for a good hour after we played fetch with it this morning, so I think it is a winner for her!

I've had it for a few days now, but only just now got around to taking pictures. And these pictures were taken as a snow storm was starting, so excuse the darkness lol

Waiting patiently.

Mmmm tastes good! (I actually thought it had a pleasant smell when I opened the box lol )

Yes yes, I pose nicely.

Hey forum friends...why is my mom always putting things on my head? :sad:

I love this picture, her face just says it all lol

And I think this one looks cool, haha. It was super dark so I upped the exposure lol

Return to “Equipment, Housing, Supplies and Accessories”